Forums59
Topics1,039,267
Posts13,961,847
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: tpvegas2213] #13169607 05/29/19 01:07 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
The Jackhammer has the erratic hunting action that only one out of 4 of the originals have. Not saying it is worth $18 but cost is a relative term. To some paying $18 for a fishing lure may seem exorbitant while to others no big deal. I don't get your analogy of shoes for kids. Kids outgrow shoes quickly. I own several topwater plugs I paid $30 for in 1985 that still produce. Yes, it seemed excessive at the time but topwater plugs never wear out.

I would challenge the notion that the Decoy snap on the Jackhammer is "upgraded". I am sure Morizo Shimizu and Z-Man spent countless hours testing the lure with other snaps and settled on the 40# Decoy snap because of the way the lure behaved on the retrieve. It is very thin wire and I am sure it is made of Unobtanium or some other precious metal but they are weak snaps. I was concerned when I installed the larger Owner snap that I would lose the original action of the bait but it continues to hunt well and catch fish.

That's the nice thing about fishing. You don't have to spend a ton of money on equipment to be successful. I don't look down of folks that use a blister-pack $49 rod& reel combo from Walmart. I expect the same courtesy when they find out the rod & reel I am using cost $1,300.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Ken A.] #13169715 05/29/19 02:15 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Ken A.
I don't get your analogy of shoes for kids.

The belief that if it costs more, it must be better.

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: sprigsss] #13169832 05/29/19 04:12 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by sprigsss

Truthfully if you've never used one then you have zero foundation to form an actual opinion on its effectiveness/performance.

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Mark Perry] #13169878 05/29/19 04:44 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Truthfully if you've never used one then you have zero foundation to form an actual opinion on its effectiveness/performance.

......and I have not made an opinion on its effectiviness. I was speaking "in general" and gave other examples.

I also stated I need to get a couple to see if they work better for me, and asked which components were actually upgraded?

I have a chatterbait tied on right now that has probably caught 120 fish or so in the last couple of months. The skirt is still intact, hook is good, blade is same color, although I have gone through quite a bit of trailers. Was simply curious what would make it better?

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: sprigsss] #13169931 05/29/19 05:19 PM
T
tricky Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T

......and I have not made an opinion on its effectiviness. I was speaking "in general" and gave other examples.

I also stated I need to get a couple to see if they work better for me, and asked which components were actually upgraded?

I have a chatterbait tied on right now that has probably caught 120 fish or so in the last couple of months. The skirt is still intact, hook is good, blade is same color, although I have gone through quite a bit of trailers. Was simply curious what would make it better?

I will give you thirty bucks for that one...
cheers

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: tpvegas2213] #13169946 05/29/19 05:26 PM
B
BigVes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Yes, especially around grass. Stock up when TW has sale running

Adam Vesely

IG @AdamVeselyFishing
www.greatstatestorage.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.gfunkbaits.com
PB 10.94lbs Lake Ray Hubbard 4.7.19
Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: tpvegas2213] #13170033 05/29/19 06:21 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Dang guys, there're talking about a lure not your mother. Everyone gets so defensive. So many of yall/us share information on a FORUM to help others by sharing our good discoveries. If they choose to ignore or even bad mouth the info....oh well. You can only lead a horse to water, you cant make him......well you know!
laugh

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Ken A.] #13170054 05/29/19 06:34 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
The Jackhammer has the erratic hunting action that only one out of 4 of the originals have. Not saying it is worth $18 but cost is a relative term. To some paying $18 for a fishing lure may seem exorbitant while to others no big deal. I don't get your analogy of shoes for kids. Kids outgrow shoes quickly. I own several topwater plugs I paid $30 for in 1985 that still produce. Yes, it seemed excessive at the time but topwater plugs never wear out.

I would challenge the notion that the Decoy snap on the Jackhammer is "upgraded". I am sure Morizo Shimizu and Z-Man spent countless hours testing the lure with other snaps and settled on the 40# Decoy snap because of the way the lure behaved on the retrieve. It is very thin wire and I am sure it is made of Unobtanium or some other precious metal but they are weak snaps. I was concerned when I installed the larger Owner snap that I would lose the original action of the bait but it continues to hunt well and catch fish.

That's the nice thing about fishing. You don't have to spend a ton of money on equipment to be successful. I don't look down of folks that use a blister-pack $49 rod& reel combo from Walmart. I expect the same courtesy when they find out the rod & reel I am using cost $1,300.

I have 18 or 20 jackhammers in my boat. If i bring them all to you. Will you change all the snaps for me. Lol

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Dubee] #13170347 05/29/19 11:33 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by Dubee

I have 18 or 20 jackhammers in my boat. If i bring them all to you. Will you change all the snaps for me. Lol

Yes I will!

For $1,300.....

roflmao

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Ken A.] #13170382 05/30/19 12:20 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D

Yes I will!

For $1,300.....

roflmao

Out of my price range. Lol

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Mark Perry] #13170399 05/30/19 12:35 AM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

I have thrown the zman Jackhammer, projectZ, custom, elite, and original models. Plus finch, SK, picasso, phenix, and omega bladed jigs.

Personally i prefer the projectZ (they used to have one similar called the 'custom') -
it falls somewhere in between on the price-range $8-$9, has a very durable line-tie, and an upgraded hook and bait-keeper compared to original. For me it swims true. I haven't noticed much of a difference between the JH and the projectZ/custom chatterbaits in terms of performance, but the line tie on the JH makes me nervous.

My T pardner throws finch almost exclusively - some days the finch catches better, some days Z catches better, and some days they are about the same.

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: 361V] #13170438 05/30/19 01:07 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 361V
Dang guys, there're talking about a lure not your mother. Everyone gets so defensive. So many of yall/us share information on a FORUM to help others by sharing our good discoveries. If they choose to ignore or even bad mouth the info....oh well. You can only lead a horse to water, you cant make him......well you know!
laugh

Now we talking mommas? Lol

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13170979 05/30/19 04:23 PM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Have they caught 2 13lbers that you know of probably not but the finch nasty chatterbaits have!

And that proves what?

It proves they were in a lake with a LOT of big fish. Lol.

We're busy with a newborn baby girl, but I do think this is an important statement.

First part of catching a fish on any lake is to get the fish to bite. Second part is getting it in. I know a lot of people throw their preferred brands, and that's how it should be in a free market.

Fork has a lot of big fish in it, but I'm sure guys fish every brand and type of bladed jig out there. Everyone knows about the two 13s, but the number of boats and $ won on our bladed jigs on Fork and other lakes that you don't know about is what is remarkable to me. I don't post them all out of respect for my customers.

The most important thing in the teenager comment is that two guys (Me being one) were able to get their bucket list fish in the boat with a bladed jig we built, and because of those two fish (one was enough for me) you can be pretty confident in your chances to land the fish of a lifetime when it bites using our stock components.

So, to me, the answer to the OP question is subjective. Maybe you can get more bites some days on a JH than any other bladed jig, maybe your odds of catching/landing a bigger fish go up with another brand. It all comes down to what you want to spend your money on. When I buy plastics or hard baits, I buy the ones that I think give me the best chance to catch big ones.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: Alex Finch] #13171090 05/30/19 05:48 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Alex Finch
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Have they caught 2 13lbers that you know of probably not but the finch nasty chatterbaits have!

And that proves what?

It proves they were in a lake with a LOT of big fish. Lol.

We're busy with a newborn baby girl, but I do think this is an important statement.

First part of catching a fish on any lake is to get the fish to bite. Second part is getting it in. I know a lot of people throw their preferred brands, and that's how it should be in a free market.

Fork has a lot of big fish in it, but I'm sure guys fish every brand and type of bladed jig out there. Everyone knows about the two 13s, but the number of boats and $ won on our bladed jigs on Fork and other lakes that you don't know about is what is remarkable to me. I don't post them all out of respect for my customers.

The most important thing in the teenager comment is that two guys (Me being one) were able to get their bucket list fish in the boat with a bladed jig we built, and because of those two fish (one was enough for me) you can be pretty confident in your chances to land the fish of a lifetime when it bites using our stock components.

So, to me, the answer to the OP question is subjective. Maybe you can get more bites some days on a JH than any other bladed jig, maybe your odds of catching/landing a bigger fish go up with another brand. It all comes down to what you want to spend your money on. When I buy plastics or hard baits, I buy the ones that I think give me the best chance to catch big ones.

This bag was almost all on a finch, the first 4 in the well were and 3 of them stayed all day to the scale.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...06/re-iowa-bag-of-almost-25#Post13160506

Re: Is the z man jackhammer worth the money [Re: tpvegas2213] #13171794 05/31/19 11:45 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Who decided the word hunt meant erratic changes in direction of a fishing lure? Not in Wikipedia. laugh

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide