Forums59
Topics1,038,957
Posts13,956,410
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: fouzman] #13131760 04/23/19 05:45 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Bahala
And people wonder why so many aren't jumping on the MLF band wagon. They started with the hard sell by bashing the traditional five fish tournaments and handling of fish. That backfired on them and they pulled their add. Now, they pop off and tell sponsors that their pros cant work booths at other events. That has backfired and they are "softening their stance". Duckett needs to realize he needs the sponsors more than they need him. Which sponsors are going to abandon all the other trails and cater just to MLF besides Ranger, Nitro and BPS? Which pro is going to be the first to bail on MLF?

This
Originally Posted by fouzman
Originally Posted by Used2fish
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Ducket learned he's still the Little kid on the block pretty quick.

That's an interesting take away from that article.

Lets review.

Mlf made a rule that their anglers could not attend the classic expo. Sponsors said hold up little fella we have contracts with bass and your anglers we aren't letting that fly then ducket changed his little mind. Or "softened his stance"

You follow that?

Little fella? Just wait and watch. BPT will do nothing but get bigger and better.

Maybe so but at one point in my life I peed in a diaper and went to bed when I was told to.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: kellisag] #13131856 04/23/19 07:21 PM
T
TinRangerJim Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted by kellisag

Lets review.

Mlf made a rule that their anglers could not attend the classic expo. Sponsors said hold up little fella we have contracts with bass and your anglers we aren't letting that fly then ducket changed his little mind. Or "softened his stance"

You follow that?

What kind of skin in the game do you have that requires so much hate for BPT and Duckett?
I will be the first to tell you I am not a fan of Duckett as a fisherman, but as a businessman snake oil salesman his success speaks for itself.

There...fixed it for ya

"Rip Some Lips"
Nevadan by birth, Texan by choice
Retired USAF, 1966-1989
Jim C.
Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13131873 04/23/19 07:44 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Duckett just rubs me wrong way. Its hard to get behind something run by him.
His tour hasnt made a single new person famous and has basically given nothing back to the fishing community yet. His sole goal has been to grow his and the anglers bank accounts. Ive seen nothing to do with growing the sport. His model so far has pulled access to the pros and created distance between them and fans.
Not sure how thats positive growth.

All they did was take existing fans and bring them to tune into their show.

The MLF show is off my radar because I dont enjoy the production. Too fast paced, too many hook sets, and penalty footage, and not enough fishing. I do watch BPT because I recognize the anglers and they show more fishing but The new wave of Anglers on BASS and our Texas boys on FLW are drawing more and more of my attention, Im beginning to forget about all the guys on BPT.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13131877 04/23/19 07:49 PM
T
tricky Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
When they are out deep steady catching those one pound Small Mouths, I don't really see much difference that sitting on a school of Sandies. But I have to admit it can get kind of stressful when they are in the Elimination round and a few have very close weights and the clock is running out.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13131899 04/23/19 08:10 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I doubt "their players" want to feel owned by MLF. After all "their players" built their careers in those other trails. And sponsors want their names and their reps (their players) out there in front of as many people as possible. Telling them you cant go rep for your sponsors at one of the biggest stages in the world aint going to fly with the companies who make all this possible.

MLF needs to pay its dues before they can throw their weight around like that.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: Bahala] #13131921 04/23/19 08:26 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Bahala
And people wonder why so many aren't jumping on the MLF band wagon. They started with the hard sell by bashing the traditional five fish tournaments and handling of fish. That backfired on them and they pulled their add. Now, they pop off and tell sponsors that their pros cant work booths at other events. That has backfired and they are "softening their stance". Duckett needs to realize he needs the sponsors more than they need him. Which sponsors are going to abandon all the other trails and cater just to MLF besides Ranger, Nitro and BPS? Which pro is going to be the first to bail on MLF?

+1 I think some of the big ones are gonna bail the minute they tell these big name guys that have been the face of many of these large companies that they cant work the expo's its gonna really become more of a money thing for the pro's because at the end of the day MLF isn't paying everyone a million a year to fish...

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13131964 04/23/19 09:25 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Nobody tells the sponsors anything. Nobody. Not BASS, not MLF, BPT, FLW....heck not even Johnny Morris himself. Some may think so but in the end nobody can. Anyone can say how its going to go down until your electricity gets shut off because you cant pay your bills. Sponsors equal income. Now watch the show YOU like and that will dictate which ones stay and which ones go. Its all about numbers.

Last edited by 361V; 04/23/19 10:35 PM.
Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13132013 04/23/19 10:11 PM
D
Dale Gribble Offline
Angler
Angler
D
You Boyd banshers need to pay closer attention. Boyd is a heck of a business man. Hell, he had Irwin Jacobs at the bargaining table and was getting the best of Irwin to the point that Irwin ....... well you know the end of that story.

MLF is in year 1 and theyre all some people can talk about so looks like theyre doing alright. BASS had a 50 year head start on MLF but the gap between the two organizations is not as great as one might expect.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13132036 04/23/19 10:38 PM
basscatmo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
So what's next. BPT anglers can only use Duckett rods/reels (junk) lures, can only acquire rigs at his dealership, etc.? I'm not a fan of Mr. Duckett. Arrogant.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: Dale Gribble] #13132133 04/23/19 11:52 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dale Gribble
You Boyd banshers need to pay closer attention. Boyd is a heck of a business man. Hell, he had Irwin Jacobs at the bargaining table and was getting the best of Irwin to the point that Irwin ....... well you know the end of that story.

MLF is in year 1 and theyre all some people can talk about so looks like theyre doing alright. BASS had a 50 year head start on MLF but the gap between the two organizations is not as great as one might expect.

So....Let me get this straight, you just said that BOYD DUCKETT made Irwin Jacobs kill his wife and himself due to BOYD DUCKETTS bargaining power...

Oh boy, a new low has been reached on the TFF!

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: Dale Gribble] #13132305 04/24/19 01:56 AM
slim 285 Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Are you serious ?

Last edited by slim 285; 04/24/19 01:57 AM.
Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: basscatmo] #13132323 04/24/19 02:08 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by basscatmo
So what's next. BPT anglers can only use Duckett rods/reels (junk) lures, can only acquire rigs at his dealership, etc.? I'm not a fan of Mr. Duckett. Arrogant.

If they can lock down enough sponsors they will go to that kind of system.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: Dale Gribble] #13132369 04/24/19 02:52 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

If the gap isnt very big its not because BPT is some great organization. It is because BASS groomed all of BPTs participants into what they are. BPT doesnt have the platform to build superstars. Im sorry, but the Redcrest or whatever their championship is wont take the place of the Classic.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: kellisag] #13132732 04/24/19 03:08 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by kellisag

Lets review.

You follow that?

What kind of skin in the game do you have that requires so much hate for BPT and Duckett?
I will be the first to tell you I am not a fan of Duckett as a fisherman, but as a businessman his success speaks for itself.

If you were a big NFL fan and the stars of the league left for another league and changed the rules to 2 below you'd have an opinion too I'd assume.

Re: BPT -Mo little fish softens stance [Re: slim 285] #13132771 04/24/19 03:31 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
If the "stars" of the league left, I'd be following the new league.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide