Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: Bobby Milam] #13067690 02/19/19 05:27 PM
M
Matt Newsom Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
On another "follow the law" thing since they release the fish it seems they set the size limit and don't care what the law is. In other words if a fish is too short to be legal or is a slot fish on a given water body, but weighs a pound does it count?

They are following the law. The size limit refers to fish that you can harvest not what you can hook. Catch fish, weigh and release is not harvesting. The state doesn't care if you weigh the fish and record it's weight then release it right back into the water.

I have heard mixed reviews on that. I was told by a LEO that the only thing you are allowed to do with an undersize fish is to measure it on the board to see if legal... no pictures etc.. I think its pretty lax though and I dont think anyone would say anything for weigh and release.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: RKT] #13067753 02/19/19 06:27 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
All I am hearing is "well I heard" or "so and so told me" or "this one time". I also don't understand why we have to bash someone who simply stated a question. Here is fact, if you get on someone's property who doesn't want you there, it is trespassing.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: J.H.S.] #13067865 02/19/19 08:19 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
All I am hearing is "well I heard" or "so and so told me" or "this one time". I also don't understand why we have to bash someone who simply stated a question. Here is fact, if you get on someone's property who doesn't want you there, it is trespassing.

But that doesn't mean getting on a dock to get a lure back is tresspassing. As stated by many dock owners on here. They would rather you get on the dock than leave a hook to step on.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: bossman] #13067886 02/19/19 08:41 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bossman
So my lure is on your dock, and if I take two steps onto your dock it is trespassing? Hmmm, hate for my sons soccer ball to roll two steps into your yard. Sometimes I got to just shake my head on this forum.

Yes it is trespassing either way but you only if someone was an arsehole enough to press charges on your kid.
As far as the lure it depends on how good a lure it is!

The original question was is it trespassing. And yes it is so they are breaking the law.
It wasn't whether or not the property owner pressed charges that is the owners choice.

Last edited by 9094; 02/19/19 08:43 PM.
Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: 9094] #13067915 02/19/19 09:04 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by 9094
So my lure is on your dock, and if I take two steps onto your dock it is trespassing? Hmmm, hate for my sons soccer ball to roll two steps into your yard. Sometimes I got to just shake my head on this forum.

Yes it is trespassing either way but you only if someone was an arsehole enough to press charges on your kid.

The original question was is it trespassing. And yes it is so they are breaking the law.
It wasn't whether or not the property owner pressed charges that is the owners choice.

I believe you're wrong. Let's say there are two docks side by side. Identically built neither of them have a no trespassing sign or anything. One is owned by a resident one owned by a bait shop designed for boaters to come get bait. If someone stepped out onto the wrong dock is that Criminal trespass? If there is not a sign that says no trespassing I don't think it is criminal trespass. Big difference between trespassing and criminal trespassing. If what you are saying is correct it is illegal for me to walk into a business. Now if that business had told me stay off of our property and noted that with the police and I come back that's criminal trespassing. Void of signs a fence etc I do not believe that it is a criminal offense.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: Used2fish] #13067959 02/19/19 09:46 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Used2fish

I believe you're wrong. Let's say there are two docks side by side. Identically built neither of them have a no trespassing sign or anything. One is owned by a resident one owned by a bait shop designed for boaters to come get bait. If someone stepped out onto the wrong dock is that Criminal trespass? If there is not a sign that says no trespassing I don't think it is criminal trespass. Big difference between trespassing and criminal trespassing. If what you are saying is correct it is illegal for me to walk into a business. Now if that business had told me stay off of our property and noted that with the police and I come back that's criminal trespassing. Void of signs a fence etc I do not believe that it is a criminal offense.

Well there is always one to argue. But Even if it is owned by a bait shop it is still private and you have to have have permission to be on it.
Believe me when I say I know it is trespassing. I own a dock and have had a problem when I first bought the place and learned this directly from the sheriff's office and game warden.
You don't paint your house purple or put signs on your porch but it is trespassing. The only exception is delivery of product, mail, door to door solicitation is legal but front door only. And of course LE.
A business is not a private boat dock, or a back porch or a yard in a neighborhood. Just because someone isn't there to ask you to stay off their property doesn't make it legal.
If you want to check this therory out come on out and hang out on my dock awhile.
Also I'm not an arse about it to people. I don't care if there is a storm for them to take shelter, or retrieve their lures. BUT it is still trepass to be on someones private property. Is there a difference between criminal trespass and just trespassing? I don't know but I do know that it isn't legal to trespass and if caught the landowner or dock owner can press charges. It is a misdomeaner in almost all cases so a fine would be written.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: RKT] #13067987 02/19/19 10:14 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I'm pretty sure you have to give notice and they have to not heed the notice. I was instructed by deputy to paint every so many fence post purple cause the fence and locked gate wasnt sufficient on some land I own lol. I got no dog in the fight other than if you try to press charges on a person that was retrieving a lure or put his foot on dock trying to land a fish you are a giant a wipe. There is a section in tpwd that discusses the issue, it spells out 5 methods of notice.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: RKT] #13067995 02/19/19 10:19 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
[Linked Image]

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: RKT] #13067997 02/19/19 10:21 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I would think those 2 bullet points are fairly clear.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: 9094] #13068013 02/19/19 10:33 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

Well there is always one to argue. But Even if it is owned by a bait shop it is still private and you have to have have permission to be on it.
Believe me when I say I know it is trespassing. I own a dock and have had a problem when I first bought the place and learned this directly from the sheriff's office and game warden.
You don't paint your house purple or put signs on your porch but it is trespassing. The only exception is delivery of product, mail, door to door solicitation is legal but front door only. And of course LE.
A business is not a private boat dock, or a back porch or a yard in a neighborhood. Just because someone isn't there to ask you to stay off their property doesn't make it legal.
If you want to check this therory out come on out and hang out on my dock awhile.
Also I'm not an arse about it to people. I don't care if there is a storm for them to take shelter, or retrieve their lures. BUT it is still trepass to be on someones private property. Is there a difference between criminal trespass and just trespassing? I don't know but I do know that it isn't legal to trespass and if caught the landowner or dock owner can press charges. It is a misdomeaner in almost all cases so a fine would be written.

Send the GPS to your dock and I'll sun bath in the European bathing suit this summer.

When I was 17 I had a sheriff deputy tell me that the land underneath a corps of engineer soil conservation lake was private thusly I was trespassing on the lake though I never touched the property getting my flat bottom on the lake (it butted up to the Rd) sometimes locals don't know the law real well. Fyi

Ps I would never get out on someone's dock to retrieve a fish, bait etc etc just asking for trouble and it isn't right. But I don't think it's criminal.

Last edited by Used2fish; 02/19/19 10:44 PM.
Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: Used2fish] #13068133 02/20/19 12:20 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Send the GPS to your dock and I'll sun bath in the European bathing suit this summer.

When I was 17 I had a sheriff deputy tell me that the land underneath a corps of engineer soil conservation lake was private thusly I was trespassing on the lake though I never touched the property getting my flat bottom on the lake (it butted up to the Rd) sometimes locals don't know the law real well. Fyi

Ps I would never get out on someone's dock to retrieve a fish, bait etc etc just asking for trouble and it isn't right. But I don't think it's criminal.

Send me a PM when you come to Hubbard Creek and Ill send you the dock cords. Then you can check out your theory. You will find out then.
And the sheriffs deputy was an idiot. Regardless of the lake the lake authority whether the corps or a river water authority buys or eminate domains that land before the lake is built so they own the land.

There is a difference in having to post up land as no trespassing and having an obviously private structure. By your comments and others on this post it would be ok to have lunch on someones back patio by their pool if the owners werent around and the property wasnt posted.

Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: 9094] #13068138 02/20/19 12:22 AM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

Send me a PM when you come to Hubbard Creek and Ill send you the dock cords. Then you can check out your theory. You will find out then.
And the sheriffs deputy was an idiot. Regardless of the lake the lake authority whether the corps or a river water authority buys or eminate domains that land before the lake is built so they own the land.

There is a difference in having to post up land as no trespassing and having an obviously private structure. By your comments and others on this post it would be ok to have lunch on someones back patio by their pool if the owners werent around and the property wasnt posted.

Difference between not ok and a criminal offense.

According to what you're saying, I could have the girl scouts arrested for Knocking at my door.

Last edited by Used2fish; 02/20/19 12:25 AM.
Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: RKT] #13068181 02/20/19 12:40 AM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
This thread points out one obvious fact. you don't have to be smarter than a bass to catch one.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: Used2fish] #13068219 02/20/19 01:21 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

According to what you're saying, I could have the girl scouts arrested for Knocking at my door.

No solicitation is legal as is package delivery. It is not against the law to knock on a door.
Thats the problem with these threads to prove a point people go wayyyy overboard.
Do you or anyone else believe comparing a knock on your door which is basically asking permission to be on your property is the nearly the same as having a picnic by a strangers pool without permission?

Last edited by 9094; 02/20/19 01:24 AM.
Re: MLF - Obey the law rule [Re: 9094] #13068227 02/20/19 01:28 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

No solicitation is legal as is package delivery. It is not against the law to knock on a door.
Thats the problem with these threads to prove a point people go wayyyy overboard.
Do you or anyone else believe comparing a knock on your door which is basically asking permission to be on your property is the nearly the same as having a picnic by a strangers pool without permission?

Do you think having a picnic by a strangers pool is the same as getting on a dock long enough to undo a lure so no one steps on it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide