Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Made in China [Re: Todd Ivins] #10671321 03/05/15 07:02 PM
TallBaldCypress Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: JT Jerkbait
Don't know why someone thinks Government's fault, this is private companies choosing their market strategy. I personally use the lures that catch fish, regardless of where they are made.

People blame the government (or at least I do) because they over regulate and tax the hell out of companies which encourages outsourcing. Obamacare is the most recent example. That's the role the government plays, IMO.

The unions play a role because they try to, and in some cases succeed, strong arm businesses into overpaying for labor. Businesses ought to be able to pay folks whatever they want to pay them. If they can find people to work for $1/hr then they ought to be able to. Let the workforce dictate where labor rates should be.

Those that think the Gubment should tax, penalize or forbid US companies to deal overseas are ridiculous. Where's the liberty in that?

Last edited by B. Dill; 03/05/15 07:03 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10671561 03/05/15 08:12 PM
T
Todd Ivins Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: B. Dill
Don't know why someone thinks Government's fault, this is private companies choosing their market strategy. I personally use the lures that catch fish, regardless of where they are made.

People blame the government (or at least I do) because they over regulate and tax the hell out of companies which encourages outsourcing. Obamacare is the most recent example. That's the role the government plays, IMO.

The unions play a role because they try to, and in some cases succeed, strong arm businesses into overpaying for labor. Businesses ought to be able to pay folks whatever they want to pay them. If they can find people to work for $1/hr then they ought to be able to. Let the workforce dictate where labor rates should be.

Those aink the Gubment should tax, penalize or forbid US companies to deal overseas are ridiculous. Where's the liberty in that?

Those are good points, but our cost of living and our demand for higher wages to live like we do also play a huge role in this. Our own labor force drives prices up way more than the government does. Now, they sure ain't helping the problem by the points you made and I see where you are coming from, but when our poverty is their middle class you are going to lose business to them. That's not debatable.

"My Dad taught me how fish relate to structure....he left out how women relate to fishing."
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10671580 03/05/15 08:19 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I buy strictly on price and the quality that is acceptable to me. I really could care less where it was made. You don't have to buy American made to support American jobs. Americans are still being employed to ship, sell, etc. Sometimes it only makes sense for companies to manufacture overseas.

I remember old Harleys being touted as being all American but looking at the carb and you would see made in Japan.

It's a new world with global trade. It isn't going to change so companies learn to adapt and overcome or go out of business

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10671593 03/05/15 08:23 PM
T
Todd Ivins Offline
Angler
Angler
T
^^^^Exactly..^^^^

"My Dad taught me how fish relate to structure....he left out how women relate to fishing."
Re: Made in China [Re: Todd Ivins] #10671993 03/05/15 10:55 PM
B
bo james Offline
Angler
Angler
B
The stuff that is sold By American companies such as Strike King et al that buy from china are about the bottom line, profit. If they can get the chinese to make a quality product for half in America they are dang sure gonna do it. Its basic business 101. Not saying I agree with it, but that is life fellas. Don't know why someone thinks Government's fault, this is private companies choosing their market strategy. I personally use the lures that catch fish, regardless of where they are made.
sometimes greed can make it where there is not anyone to buy your product good or bad. if everyone takes the jobs out of the country, and there is not one person here working, who is going to be buying any product. i understand completely about turning a profit. but, some common sense needs to go with it, and i realize that it takes working people with money to buy a product. there are way too many people not working in this country because all the jobs went off shore.

true, some of the blame is our government, and that is exactly why we the people need to start doing a much better job of hiring and firing our president and congressional people.

bo

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10672027 03/05/15 11:12 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I just bought a bone Shower Blow for $38.00 bang

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10672041 03/05/15 11:15 PM
FishBeeLowMe Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Watched several Industries go to Mexico when NAFTA was passed. Then they went to China? Now it's Vietnam and India? Started a lure business in 2008. We choose to mfg in Terrell TX. Businesses dpt the USA for $$ reasons. Some come back, others don't! We are Gona find lures to make, sell for a profit, and do so in the USA. I think the lure mfg will come back to the USA!

Try to find 10 lures made in the USA next time you are at a box store?

Re: Made in China [Re: Mark Perry] #10672166 03/06/15 12:06 AM
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Good grief! All of the sudden, 'buying American' is not the 'smart thing to do'?
Sure, want the best product, no matter what, for the lowest price but, I do want a quality product, not some 'knock off junk'. Remember, wasn't long ago, American markets were flooded with 'knock off/poorly made' junk! All kinds of stuff....made cheap to sell cheap and fit the bill,"You get what you pay for!"
When, where I can, if there is a good brand that is American made, you bet, I'll chose that every time.
I like the idea of keeping our $$ here and supporting American companies and American workers.
JMO
God Bless

Who is saying buying American is dumb? I see guys saying if the quality is there then by all means you buy it. Like I said earlier when I start getting an American discount I will happily pay a few bucks more to buy American. I know the Toyotas and Skeeters I bought damn sure supported a lot of really good American people. Some are really good friends of mine. That being said I bought them because they were what I wanted and because to me they are quality built. I will not buy anything because someone is waving an American flag trying to cater to my patriotism. I buy what I can afford and what I feel to me is the best bang for my money.

This was about lures I thought, maybe I missed it somewhere. If you chose a Nissan or Toyota truck, fine that's your choice.
My comment was directed as to wondering why we do not see more fishing baits manufactured here, in America. Flag waving? Well, I only know of one company that did that, Walmart and I don't think they even do that anymore.
I was surprised to see so many brands, just one of which, i.e., KVD - made in China?? Many others....but, I can't remember them all. Like others here, I did take notice of Bill Lewis Rat-L-Traps made here in the US. Nice to see that. I like buying American made products, hopefully to keep Americans working.
Wasn't meant to be argumentative, as I ended my comment, IMO In My Opinion
God Bless

http://www.finfeatherresort.com/index.asp - Best Folks on Toledo Bend !!!
http://bassclubofthewest.angelfire.com/ -West Ft Worth Bass Club
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason (Toledo Bend Guide)
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827
Re: Made in China [Re: bo james] #10672188 03/06/15 12:12 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: bo james
The stuff that is sold By American companies such as Strike King et al that buy from china are about the bottom line, profit. If they can get the chinese to make a quality product for half in America they are dang sure gonna do it. Its basic business 101. Not saying I agree with it, but that is life fellas. Don't know why someone thinks Government's fault, this is private companies choosing their market strategy. I personally use the lures that catch fish, regardless of where they are made.
sometimes greed can make it where there is not anyone to buy your product good or bad. if everyone takes the jobs out of the country, and there is not one person here working, who is going to be buying any product. i understand completely about turning a profit. but, some common sense needs to go with it, and i realize that it takes working people with money to buy a product. there are way too many people not working in this country because all the jobs went off shore.

true, some of the blame is our government, and that is exactly why we the people need to start doing a much better job of hiring and firing our president and congressional people.

bo

One of the wealthiest companies in America is Apple. Do they manufacture here? No they build them somewhere else and then import them in. Think of how many U.S. jobs they create, not only in silicone valley but all the way down to the phone salesmen.

We don't have to have manufacturing jobs here to give people jobs but that might mean that people train for a career and not rely on someone giving them high pay to be an unskilled worker.

Re: Made in China [Re: Bobby Milam] #10672240 03/06/15 12:28 AM
B
bo james Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Originally Posted By: bo james

bo

One of the wealthiest companies in America is Apple. Do they manufacture here? No they build them somewhere else and then import them in. Think of how many U.S. jobs they create, not only in silicone valley but all the way down to the phone salesmen.

We don't have to have manufacturing jobs here to give people jobs but that might mean that people train for a career and not rely on someone giving them high pay to be an unskilled worker.
can't be all chiefs and no indians. when a country stops being a manufacuturing country, then there will be a day, you can not build the first thing to defend yourself. that is exactly why we still need to manufacture here so we have the infrastructure in place in case of an all out war. that is the only reason we have managed to win our wars, especially wwII, because we just flat out produced the enemy.

bo

Re: Made in China [Re: Bobby Milam] #10672245 03/06/15 12:29 AM
armadillo joe Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The government, unions, EPA and of course the American people is where the blame.

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10674524 03/06/15 05:51 PM
Bois d'arc Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Here's a thought. Germany has one of the strongest economies in the world. They charge taxes on imported goods, as do many foreign countries, in order to insure manufactured goods are bought and sold on a level playing field based on availability and quality, not only price. It protects German industry, German jobs and their national security. Look I'm not waving the German flag. Until 250,000 young German men storm the beaches of Galveston Texas determined to rescue Americans from a tyrant ruler bent on world conquest I won't be waving their flag. But it only makes sense for our government to honor their pledge to protect America and allow us to pursue life, liberty and happiness....get unemployed and see if any of those ideals are attainable. I'll say it again..... at the end of the day its, unfortunately, all about government. American Born and Texan till the day I die texas

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide