Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Made in China [Re: BVF_LoP_Guide] #10669325 03/05/15 02:48 AM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Skeetererun
Bill Lewis RatLtraps 100% made in America. The new square bill should but out soon. [video:youtube]Fishhound's How It's Made: Rat-L-Trap Lures: http://youtu.be/bp0eTsmy2yI[/video]

This makes me want to go out and buy some RatLTraps.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Made in China [Re: BVF_LoP_Guide] #10669404 03/05/15 03:08 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Bill Lewis RatLtraps 100% made in America. The new square bill should but out soon. [video:youtube]Fishhound's How It's Made: Rat-L-Trap Lures: http://youtu.be/bp0eTsmy2yI[/video]

Amazing that they do them by hand. I would have guessed that there was more automation in the process. Great video.

Re: Made in China [Re: Bobby Milam] #10670085 03/05/15 01:24 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

Amazing that they do them by hand. I would have guessed that there was more automation in the process. Great video.

I have seen this before and I too was amazed at the lack of automation. They have dozens of different colors and patterns that I hope will carry over into their crank baits. If the crank baits are sold at a decent price, they will get my money.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670097 03/05/15 01:29 PM
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I didn't really notice just how many lures were made in places other than the US. Look at Academy, seems all the H20 line is made offshore!!!

http://www.finfeatherresort.com/index.asp - Best Folks on Toledo Bend !!!
http://bassclubofthewest.angelfire.com/ -West Ft Worth Bass Club
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason (Toledo Bend Guide)
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670251 03/05/15 02:18 PM
B
bo james Offline
Angler
Angler
B
there is good reasoning to buy american made. american made means that there is a job for someone here. when there is not anyone working here, who is going to have any money to buy the cheap off shore junk anyway.

bo

Re: Made in China [Re: BVF_LoP_Guide] #10670444 03/05/15 03:19 PM
R
reelswift Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R

Rattle Trap Tournament at TB had some of the new square bills and they are made in America as well. Keep up the good work Rattle Trap at least one lure company has not out sourced and sold out to cheap labor & mega greed. Also American Rodsmith has new owners and the new line of rods are made in Houston Texas if anyone is interested in checking out American made fishing gear.

Team LVS34
Captain WNB
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670552 03/05/15 03:46 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Made in America does not automatically mean its great quality. There is plenty of stuff made here that is junk.

I always heard that argument when I bought my first Toyota Tundra yet everyone at the factory in San Antonio, everyone at the dealership and bank that financed it were all American and getting paid from my purchase. In addition Toyota does so much if not more for bass fishing in Texas and the U.S. than any other vehicle manufacturer.

Heard the same argument about buying a Skeeter yet the 2-3 times I have been at the plant its all hard working Est Texans. All the guys at Fun N Sun were American too.

If American companies want our business they need to first make a great product. I am not paying more for an item simply because it was made here. Last I checked I don't get a discount for being an American. To me playing the buy American sympathy card will not get it done. Build a great product and back it with great service and I will definitely place it at the top of my list.

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670584 03/05/15 03:52 PM
TallBaldCypress Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
That's a cool video about Rat L Trap! Now I know to call Marilyn when the paint on my traps starts falling off prematurely. shocked

All BS aside, cool to see their old school style!

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670634 03/05/15 04:03 PM
R
reelswift Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
The Rat L Trap has been one of my go to artifical baits for years and has helped catch thousands of fish.

There are numerous trap copy cats out there and more than likely they are mass produced by American owned companys that out sourced production to chinese factorys. I for one appreciate quality American made products.

Originally Posted By: B. Dill
That's a cool video about Rat L Trap! Now I know to call Marilyn when the paint on my traps starts falling off prematurely. shocked

All BS aside, cool to see their old school style!

Team LVS34
Captain WNB
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670725 03/05/15 04:31 PM
Bois d'arc Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Its not the Chinese that made this happen...its our gov't, and the Chinese, amoungst others, just filled the gaps. Our gov't has allowed foreign companies to undercut US manufacturers on just about any product you can imagine.
Examples I'm very familiar with: Semiconductors (Japanese companies dumped their cheap products on the US, with no response from our gov't. Now only a few major semiconductor manufacturers are left...Texas Industries is one).
Tires: Kelly Springfield plant in Tyler closed the doors. (Hankook tires filled the gap).
Steel: Tyler Pipe Industries is closed. Lonestar Steel..likewise. (Japanese steel filled the gap).
Auto: I worked for MAG Industries located in Detroit....made auto and heavy machinery parts...now making brake pads. (Japan and Germany filled the gap).
Poor Mexico needed a special deal from the US so our gov't made NAFTA a reality. (Mexico took IBM, HP, and many other computer manufacturers. Now Mexico is one of the largest producers of aviation technology in the world...(Mexico just filled the gap our gov't made)
How does the gov't protect our jobs? They make 15 year long wars so the sons and daughters of America's middle class have something to do.
Face it folks....its not the Chinese or the Mexicans or the Japanese or the Germans....its us we made this happen. We better wise up to the politicians and their political parties or all of us will be out of work and headed for the middle east. God Bless America...we need it right about now flag 2cents

Re: Made in China [Re: Bois d'arc] #10670770 03/05/15 04:42 PM
TallBaldCypress Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: boisarc
Its not the Chinese that made this happen...its our gov't, and the Chinese, amoungst others, just filled the gaps. Our gov't has allowed foreign companies to undercut US manufacturers on just about any product you can imagine.
Examples I'm very familiar with: Semiconductors (Japanese companies dumped their cheap products on the US, with no response from our gov't. Now only a few major semiconductor manufacturers are left...Texas Industries is one).
Tires: Kelly Springfield plant in Tyler closed the doors. (Hankook tires filled the gap).
Steel: Tyler Pipe Industries is closed. Lonestar Steel..likewise. (Japanese steel filled the gap).
Auto: I worked for MAG Industries located in Detroit....made auto and heavy machinery parts...now making brake pads. (Japan and Germany filled the gap).
Poor Mexico needed a special deal from the US so our gov't made NAFTA a reality. (Mexico took IBM, HP, and many other computer manufacturers. Now Mexico is one of the largest producers of aviation technology in the world...(Mexico just filled the gap our gov't made)
How does the gov't protect our jobs? They make 15 year long wars so the sons and daughters of America's middle class have something to do.
Face it folks....its not the Chinese or the Mexicans or the Japanese or the Germans....its us we made this happen. We better wise up to the politicians and their political parties or all of us will be out of work and headed for the middle east. God Bless America...we need it right about now flag 2cents

Gov't and the Unions can probably share the blame equally.

Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10670784 03/05/15 04:47 PM
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Good grief! All of the sudden, 'buying American' is not the 'smart thing to do'?
Sure, want the best product, no matter what, for the lowest price but, I do want a quality product, not some 'knock off junk'. Remember, wasn't long ago, American markets were flooded with 'knock off/poorly made' junk! All kinds of stuff....made cheap to sell cheap and fit the bill,"You get what you pay for!"
When, where I can, if there is a good brand that is American made, you bet, I'll chose that every time.
I like the idea of keeping our $$ here and supporting American companies and American workers.
JMO
God Bless

http://www.finfeatherresort.com/index.asp - Best Folks on Toledo Bend !!!
http://bassclubofthewest.angelfire.com/ -West Ft Worth Bass Club
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason (Toledo Bend Guide)
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827
Re: Made in China [Re: Lee in Texas] #10670853 03/05/15 05:05 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Good grief! All of the sudden, 'buying American' is not the 'smart thing to do'?
Sure, want the best product, no matter what, for the lowest price but, I do want a quality product, not some 'knock off junk'. Remember, wasn't long ago, American markets were flooded with 'knock off/poorly made' junk! All kinds of stuff....made cheap to sell cheap and fit the bill,"You get what you pay for!"
When, where I can, if there is a good brand that is American made, you bet, I'll chose that every time.
I like the idea of keeping our $$ here and supporting American companies and American workers.
JMO
God Bless

Who is saying buying American is dumb? I see guys saying if the quality is there then by all means you buy it. Like I said earlier when I start getting an American discount I will happily pay a few bucks more to buy American. I know the Toyotas and Skeeters I bought damn sure supported a lot of really good American people. Some are really good friends of mine. That being said I bought them because they were what I wanted and because to me they are quality built. I will not buy anything because someone is waving an American flag trying to cater to my patriotism. I buy what I can afford and what I feel to me is the best bang for my money.

Re: Made in China [Re: Mark Perry] #10671003 03/05/15 05:41 PM
G
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
G
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Made in America does not automatically mean its great quality. There is plenty of stuff made here that is junk.

I always heard that argument when I bought my first Toyota Tundra yet everyone at the factory in San Antonio, everyone at the dealership and bank that financed it were all American and getting paid from my purchase. In addition Toyota does so much if not more for bass fishing in Texas and the U.S. than any other vehicle manufacturer.

Heard the same argument about buying a Skeeter yet the 2-3 times I have been at the plant its all hard working Est Texans. All the guys at Fun N Sun were American too.

If American companies want our business they need to first make a great product. I am not paying more for an item simply because it was made here. Last I checked I don't get a discount for being an American. To me playing the buy American sympathy card will not get it done. Build a great product and back it with great service and I will definitely place it at the top of my list.

clap

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Re: Made in China [Re: TallBaldCypress] #10671078 03/05/15 05:59 PM
T
Todd Ivins Offline
Angler
Angler
T
The stuff that is sold By American companies such as Strike King et al that buy from china are about the bottom line, profit. If they can get the chinese to make a quality product for half in America they are dang sure gonna do it. Its basic business 101. Not saying I agree with it, but that is life fellas. Don't know why someone thinks Government's fault, this is private companies choosing their market strategy. I personally use the lures that catch fish, regardless of where they are made.

Last edited by JT Jerkbait; 03/05/15 06:00 PM.

"My Dad taught me how fish relate to structure....he left out how women relate to fishing."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide