Page 1 of 2 1 2
Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) #10660352 03/02/15 04:58 AM
S
Slabrador Retriever Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
I thought a previous post by Tommy Ezell successfully highlighted the mood(s)regarding many on this forum. With that being said, I propose that maybe we work towards a solution to the perceived problems. The awesome thing about a format like this is that change is well within our control. I believe that change starts with an honest "self assessment" first. In my humblest opinion, I think that there are many times where "we" forget to value and appreciate the differences in each other. The reality is that this forum consist of thousands of individuals who are all unique and different in some way or another (whether it be personality types, posting styles, sense of humor, disclosure preferences, knowledge/expertise levels, culture, religious background, fishing styles, levels of education, upbringing, etc.)which simply means that it's highly probable for us to see or hear things that are completely opposite of us. That's ok (within reason). It's humanly for us to want others to conform to our way but the truth is..... our way of doing things is not the "only" way of doing things. That's the sheer beauty of creation. If by chance someone offends, communicate respectfully with that person and see if there is an opportunity to move forward without ill will. Starting with me, I want to allow optimism to fuel my steps into tomorrow and I wanna work on better valuing other's differences. I believe that if we can collectively do that with "consistency", this forum can be all that each person wants it to be. Am I being unrealistic? With all these great individuals....I don't think so. Well that's my 2 cents worth. What thing(s)do you feel we can collectively work on to restore or continue moving forward?

I started a new thread because I realize that many that posted on the "Expectations for Fishing Forum" will not read through that thread again and I would sincerely love some feedback from everyone(including those that don't post anymore). I'm a solutions kinda guy once a problem/concern has been identified. Ever hopeful for better days!!

Retrieving slabs one thump at a time!!! - Kyron
Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660414 03/02/15 06:41 AM
scruboak Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
RESPECT

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660416 03/02/15 06:57 AM
A
ACAMS Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Slabrador Retriever
I thought a previous post by Tommy Ezell successfully highlighted the mood(s)regarding many on this forum. With that being said, I propose that maybe we work towards a solution to the perceived problems.

I SEE NO PROBLEM!

I find that if you just enjoy what you have and don't nick-pick it to pieces, you will not worry about what you have and just enjoy it ..... but I am ALWAYS happy with what I have!!!!

I find enjoyment in almost all posts .... even this one!

><\\\(º>___><\\\(º> http://myfolderz.com/Jigs/Jigs.php_<º)///><___<º)///><

Free image uploader for TFF members: http://myfolderz.com/TFF/pics.php
Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: ACAMS] #10660435 03/02/15 08:19 AM
S
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S

Originally Posted By: ACAMS
I SEE NO PROBLEM!

I find that if you just enjoy what you have and don't nick-pick it to pieces, you will not worry about what you have and just enjoy it ..... but I am ALWAYS happy with what I have!!!!

I find enjoyment in almost all posts .... even this one!

I can appreciate your approach ACAMS

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: scruboak] #10660436 03/02/15 08:23 AM
S
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: scruboak
RESPECT

Thank you for chiming in scruboak.

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660441 03/02/15 08:46 AM
P
pepop Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Well Said my brother! I've only met you once or twice but I knew right off that you were a kindred spirit! I look at some of the posts (sometimes a single post is nearly a thread in itself) that I've heard others take exception to & I just leave it alone. This is an open forum with fairly relaxed rules which is what most like about it. On a personal note, I have read posts from 1 or 2 individuals that kinda bent me the wrong way but since have met those individuals and realized, just as you stated, the Good Lord made each of us unique and though someone's humor or writing style may not be my cup o tea, the individual's are just plain folks & I've actually made new friends in the process. So, my 2cents is LIVE & LET LIVE!

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660448 03/02/15 09:33 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
I mainly target Bluegill/Sunfish. Just started Crappie fishing a couple of years ago. The instructional information I have gained here in this section has really helped me out. There are a lot of good anglers who post here and I have always enjoyed reading their post and looking at their catches. I have also seen in this forum on numerous occasions people helping people through some very difficult times in their personal life. This along with the love of fishing and the outdoors is the TRUE CHARACTER OF THIS FORUM. I have enjoyed being a member and plan on being here for awhile if the good Lord allows it.

Side Note: Time to go fishing! fish

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660458 03/02/15 10:51 AM
P
plateboater Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Here to learn from others and remain as humble as possible.
popcorn

Everyone needs a hobby!
Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: plateboater] #10660472 03/02/15 11:31 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I've learned to type a post, read it, and then decide to not post it at all and erase it. Just not worth it. Like Ernest said it is a nice place to visit. Carry on.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660619 03/02/15 01:31 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
interesting scenario for sure Kyron , how do we move on ?
it would seem to me in many cases and I try to myself ,
to avoid some of the members that we disagree with on whatever level or do not like for whatever reason .
I met an individual yesterday that I don't know
he and the rest of us were NOT getting bites bang
when one of my friends shows up
he tells him ,,,,he has been there 2.5 hours and caught one fish
then he says but that guy over there ....ie ME ....
he keeps on talking about ketchn fish
he is the eternal optimist !
he is the reason we are all still here roflmao
the one thing that really matters in the end . and for sure this applies to all individuals
is that we enjoy the time and the opportunity to escape the reality of the everyday responsibilities thumb
so in closing my post on this subject I would say this to all
I remain optimistic that someday we all realize the importance of being different
and with that the importance to leave well enough alone as well
and BTW hope ya dont mind a lil .....
KABOOM
lizard

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: pepop] #10660625 03/02/15 01:37 PM
M
mayor (crappiepete) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: pepop
Well Said my brother! I've only met you once or twice but I knew right off that you were a kindred spirit! I look at some of the posts (sometimes a single post is nearly a thread in itself) that I've heard others take exception to & I just leave it alone. This is an open forum with fairly relaxed rules which is what most like about it. On a personal note, I have read posts from 1 or 2 individuals that kinda bent me the wrong way but since have met those individuals and realized, just as you stated, the Good Lord made each of us unique and though someone's humor or writing style may not be my cup o tea, the individual's are just plain folks & I've actually made new friends in the process. So, my 2cents is LIVE & LET LIVE!

Well said Pepop. I like the open forum. Read and move on. If U don't like what you read...don't go back. I have met a few and became friends. Just enjoy the success or failure of the post. We all can learn something new.

Using the site for a while...this is really great to share fishing ideas and success with others.
Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Bobcat1] #10660654 03/02/15 01:51 PM
B
BigDave1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
I've learned to type a post, read it, and then decide to not post it at all and erase it. Just not worth it. Like Ernest said it is a nice place to visit. Carry on.

Wise advise here! I sometimes do the same! BUT, I always feel better for having typed it AND not shared it!!! smile I guess I missed the thread that started this thread! Obviously, I just don't spend enuf time on these forums! smile smile smile

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660665 03/02/15 01:55 PM
watermelon orange Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I have been a part of many forums about many hobbies and subjects over the years. many of them are great places to hang out for years.This one here is by far the most successful.

Why mess with perfection?

every forum needs good guys, villians, and when you mix in a few profesional trolls, you have found the perfect world. There is a reason why this is the most interesting and well run forum that I know of. If everyone was the same, had the same demeanor, It wouldnt be as fun.

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660771 03/02/15 02:28 PM
DFW-fisherman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
As a new member, I am overwhelmed with the amount of info offered here, and am very thankful to be a tiny part of it! IMHO - respect and have fun should be/are a big part of this forum! smile

Re: Humbly Submitted (How do we move forward?) [Re: Slabrador Retriever] #10660830 03/02/15 02:45 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Treat each other with respect. It is OK to disagree with other members but the disagreement should be done in a respectful manner.

Don't start threads whose only purpose is to humiliate other member.

Don't make posts that constantly attack another member.

If you dislike other member then don't post in their threads.

Treat other members the way you would like to be treated.

I know saying treat each other with respect should be enough to cover the above points but sadly it hasn't been.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide