Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9154415 07/22/13 09:19 PM
Bissett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Pretty good points but I feel like the tryouts or auditions are from the Opens and other similar tournaments where you can prove you are right for the "job".

However, you are right about the money situation. It is almost impossible to chase this dream unless you have a good amount of money. There's too many expenses in this sport for an average person to chase the dream full time.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: Bissett] #9154424 07/22/13 09:23 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Bissett
Pretty good points but I feel like the tryouts or auditions are from the Opens and other similar tournaments where you can prove you are right for the "job".

However, you are right about the money situation. It is almost impossible to chase this dream unless you have a good amount of money. There's too many expenses in this sport for an average person to chase the dream full time.
or if you're married and struggle for cash. Single guys can sleep in truck and eat beans from a can. Married guys....... not so much.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9154452 07/22/13 09:28 PM
Bissett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
^^^^ That's the truth. I'm about to find that out in less than two months

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: snickers] #9154462 07/22/13 09:32 PM
James Biggs Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: snickers
You did a heck of a good job
Originally Posted By: James Biggs
Either way I got my taste of it this year. I'm back to weekend warrior status. Lol

Thanks. I'm going to get my money in order, build up more vacation time at work and make another run in 2015.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9154581 07/22/13 10:09 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Video is funny. Some truth to it. I know at least one guy that its pretty much a carbon copy of. I was at the TTBC and there he was signing autographs along the fence with Bobby Lane. That at least gave me a good laugh.

He said it would not be fair for him to fish the local Sunday tournament since he was a pro. I told him KVD can fish it if he wants to.

In the end he really isn't hurting anyone acting like a clown.

Competition gets stouter at every level.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9154669 07/22/13 10:35 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Hmm let me see if I am correct
pro's and non pro's on this Talk Forum please answer something for me?

Is this a talk Forum ?
Can you post your opinions on here ?

And most of all didn't I apologize to everyone about any disrespect that I might have caused

Sorry I didn't continue arguing last night I was tired and went to bed
And today after I was done with work I posted again
Not because I was waiting for my opportunity to change my story
Opinions are just that an OPINION

ONCE AGAIN I AM SORRY FOR THE DISRESPECT THAT I MAY HAVE INFLICTED ON SOME PEOPLE I did not intend to sound like that.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9154684 07/22/13 10:40 PM
M
mike 266 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Depending on the age of the OP, he could still become an Elite Angler. However, I suggest picking up a copy of Malcolm Gladwell's book, "Outliers", and reading the chapter that speaks about the "10,000 hour rule".

For those that are unfamiliar, it speaks about the success of the Beatles, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. and how not only were they extremely talented and driven individuals, but they were also very lucky- they were in the right place at the right time to gain the experience and knowledge to become experts in their field while others were still learning the basics.

I don't know if it would take 10,000 hours on the lake to become an elite pro, but if you aren't spending 8 hours a day doing it, you might as well just have fun and take some pictures of these awesome creatures that bless us with tight lines and big smiles.

Good luck to ya.

Fish on hook! Reel him in, slowly.
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: mike 266] #9154975 07/23/13 12:23 AM
Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: mike 266
Depending on the age of the OP, he could still become an Elite Angler. However, I suggest picking up a copy of Malcolm Gladwell's book, "Outliers", and reading the chapter that speaks about the "10,000 hour rule".

For those that are unfamiliar, it speaks about the success of the Beatles, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. and how not only were they extremely talented and driven individuals, but they were also very lucky- they were in the right place at the right time to gain the experience and knowledge to become experts in their field while others were still learning the basics.

I don't know if it would take 10,000 hours on the lake to become an elite pro, but if you aren't spending 8 hours a day doing it, you might as well just have fun and take some pictures of these awesome creatures that bless us with tight lines and big smiles.

Good luck to ya.

+1

Chris Davis | 214-616-5693
chris.davis@usabasstrails.com
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9156509 07/23/13 01:16 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Here is my comment about the money: If you don't have enough passion and internal desire to do what it takes to save the money to atleast go fish the Opens, then there is no way that you have the passion and internal desire to be a Pro. Taking a second job, changing your spending habits for two years, working on weekends to make extra money any way you can....these are all things that take significantly less commitment and less heart than it takes to get up EVERY day that you can and be on the water regardless of weather, lake, region, how you did the day before or the event before and stay focused on what you are doing to try to win enough money to be a Pro. Someone GIVING you money can NOT give you the passion that it will take.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9156609 07/23/13 01:47 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: chilli31
Hmm let me see if I am correct
pro's and non pro's on this Talk Forum please answer something for me?

Is this a talk Forum ?
Can you post your opinions on here ?

And most of all didn't I apologize to everyone about any disrespect that I might have caused

Sorry I didn't continue arguing last night I was tired and went to bed
And today after I was done with work I posted again
Not because I was waiting for my opportunity to change my story
Opinions are just that an OPINION

ONCE AGAIN I AM SORRY FOR THE DISRESPECT THAT I MAY HAVE INFLICTED ON SOME PEOPLE I did not intend to sound like that.

Anyone can express their opinion on here. No one is saying you can't, but when you step out there like you did you better be ready to stand some pretty strong rebuttal.

You not only stated an opinion, you pretty much talked smack by saying you could fish with any pro. That my friend, opened you up to a being a target. That's just how the cookie crumbles on here.

cheer

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9156917 07/23/13 03:25 PM
-
-Shawn- Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
-
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

This made me laugh!

You really think there is no different in a "regular guy" and an Elite fisherman?

Excuse me from this conversation, the Texans need a free safety and I'm gonna go sign on with them.

popcorn2

Are you an elite fisherman if so congratulations but that's no reason to down others for stating their ideas and as far as there being no difference yes I believe there is no difference what so ever
Except for the fact that the elite fisherman has everything a lot easier
Let me see and correct me if I'm wrong
They get
Boat
Reels
Rods
Baits
Trucks
Money
Yeah I guess my head would be in the clouds too.
But if a regular angler were to say this and truely had a good idea I might be more open to the idea !!!!!!!!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your original post. I took it to basically say there's no difference in a regular guy on the water and KVD, Rojas, Martens, Evers, etc.

Is that what you said?

Are you , Kvd, Evers, Rojas, Martins ? No well me neither but put me in the same area fishing and I will keep up with them if not beat them

THEY PUT ON THEIR PANTS JUST LIKE I DO thus there is no difference to how they fish compared to how I fish fishing is all about location and timing some skill but bass are optimistic hunters they would bite my bait as well as there's that being said being in the right place at the right time is key those guys do their diligence of being pros

I was simply saying that it would be cool to see offers like what I mentioned to see them develop into something real

Dude, if you think this way you are no where close to being ready to fish against these guys.........

Sorry, but there is a HUGE difference in skill between a weekend club angler and an elite angler.... HUGEEEEE!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide