Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
fishing as a pro for a tournament #9150984 07/21/13 08:45 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Wouldn't it be cool if companies actually took a chance in people. Like they did in the past

Back in the past any person could be a pro bass fisherman and companies actually had Faith in people and their word

Now if you think about it. How different is a regular angler like myself or any other regular angler? different from the pro's

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!
I have my own opinion but I will keep my opinions to myself

Here is my idea
How about an open with companies that will actually help pay for costs
Like rod companies
Reel companies
Bait companies
Boat companies

Heck make it a show on how a regular joe can go from fishing in local tournaments to becoming pro

Imagine this two anglers one is a professional the other is a regular angler
Place them both in the same area and just watch to see if the regular angler can keep up to the professional if not beat him or her in a tournament .

Professional baseball , basketball , football

They all have auditions for becoming a pro ball player
But lately I have noticed that it is almost impossible to become a bass pro unless you're financially stable to do so

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9150990 07/21/13 08:51 PM
W
WWJ Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
You may be onto something.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9150998 07/21/13 08:53 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: chilli31
Now if you think about it. How different is a regular angler like myself or any other regular angler? different from the pro's

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh!

You really think there is no different in a "regular guy" and an Elite fisherman?

Excuse me from this conversation, the Texans need a free safety and I'm gonna go sign on with them.

popcorn2

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151000 07/21/13 08:55 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Yeah might be but even with several pro's even on this page or even companies might read my post but I'm sure nothing will be done about it I have tried time and time again and nothing happens

Oh well

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151015 07/21/13 09:01 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
In todays time; it is like getting a good job. It is who you know not what you know.

If you have friends in higher places you can be anything you want to be.

Now the adverage joe can't do this; so he has to work his way up and first time he stumbles he is finished. If he doesn't draw a check every time he is financially finished.

The big companies will come through about once a year for the adverage joes to strut their stuff, but there want be anyone there recruiting like in football.

So here you are fishing every trail you can afford to fish trying to win a thousand bucks and spending two thousand to win it.

Now that I have become older and wiser all that money could have been spent catching a 100 Bass per day instead of 5.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 07/21/13 09:02 PM.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151025 07/21/13 09:05 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Here is my take. If its your dream then YOU make it happen. Don't rely on handouts or free rides from companies to fish. Commit 2-3 years of working as much as you can and saving every penny you can. Set yourself up so that you can give it a go on your terms. If you have that much faith in yourself that you will succeed then do it on your own dime.
This is still America and any dream is possible as long as that person will put in the time and sacrifice to get there.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9151034 07/21/13 09:08 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh!

You really think there is no different in a "regular guy" and an Elite fisherman?

Excuse me from this conversation, the Texans need a free safety and I'm gonna go sign on with them.

popcorn2

Are you an elite fisherman if so congratulations but that's no reason to down others for stating their ideas and as far as there being no difference yes I believe there is no difference what so ever
Except for the fact that the elite fisherman has everything a lot easier
Let me see and correct me if I'm wrong
They get
Boat
Reels
Rods
Baits
Trucks
Money
Yeah I guess my head would be in the clouds too.
But if a regular angler were to say this and truely had a good idea I might be more open to the idea !!!!!!!!

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151044 07/21/13 09:12 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
You are also dreaming if you think ALL Elite/FLW pros are getting everything free. There are plenty that are paying for boats, electronics, rods and reels and even baits. Some just get product discounts.Hell the world's biggest bait/gear company(Berkley/Pure Fishing) dropped a ton of BASS/FLW pros from sponsorship in the last year. Those guys at that level are struggling to get "real" deals these days.
If a guy like Jay Yelas with his resume can get dropped by Berkley and Daiwa then what do you realistically think you can do for them that he could not?

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9151054 07/21/13 09:19 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
[quote=chilli31]Now if you think about it. How different is a regular angler like myself or any other regular angler? different from the pro's

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!
Come on man. There's a huge difference. So you think it's just the money that keeps you from fishing against the likes of KVD, Ike, Martens, Etc? These pros worked themselves up the ranks, they don't all have lots of money like you might think. Some still sleep in their trucks because they can't afford rooms. Money doesn't make these guys Elite, their skill and ability to adapt in every possible situation makes them Elite.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151055 07/21/13 09:19 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh!

popcorn2

Are you an elite fisherman if so congratulations but that's no reason to down others for stating their ideas and as far as there being no difference yes I believe there is no difference what so ever
They get
Boat
Reels
Rods
Baits
Trucks
Money
But if a regular angler were to say this and truely had a good idea I might be more open to the idea !!!!!!!!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your original post. I took it to basically say there's no difference in a regular guy on the water and KVD, Rojas, Martens, Evers, etc.

Is that what you said?

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9151092 07/21/13 09:37 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh!

popcorn2

They get
Boat
Reels
Rods
Baits
Trucks
Money

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your original post. I took it to basically say there's no difference in a regular guy on the water and KVD, Rojas, Martens, Evers, etc.

Is that what you said?

Are you , Kvd, Evers, Rojas, Martins ? No well me neither but put me in the same area fishing and I will keep up with them if not beat them

THEY PUT ON THEIR PANTS JUST LIKE I DO thus there is no difference to how they fish compared to how I fish fishing is all about location and timing some skill but bass are optimistic hunters they would bite my bait as well as there's that being said being in the right place at the right time is key those guys do their diligence of being pros

I was simply saying that it would be cool to see offers like what I mentioned to see them develop into something real

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151095 07/21/13 09:37 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Go to the FLW and write a check, Im sure its easy. LOL Not to mention a bunch seem to be broke, you got a few big names making it, you got a bunch that had money long before they went "pro",then you got guys doing jobs at night to pay the bills. I'll keep my day job and pay for my stuff.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151098 07/21/13 09:39 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
its not like you can tell them apart anyway with all the wraps, stickers, jerseys, etc.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151100 07/21/13 09:41 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I also think a guy should probably dominate locally and regionally before he thinks he can do it at that level. Those guys will take your money and send you home broke. Anyone that thinks real talent is not at that level is dreaming.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151101 07/21/13 09:42 PM
B
BassinButch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Time on the water makes a huge difference.... Just remember that in different bodies of water, climate, etc

Ephesians 6:13 KJV
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide