Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Amac88] #8587245 02/14/13 12:51 AM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Todd Driscoll] #8587673 02/14/13 01:57 AM
B
basseditor Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Todd Driscoll
Originally Posted By: Amac
What about rough water ride anyone? Home lakes are Rayburn and Toledo, can get a little choppy to say the least.

Like you, my home lakes are Rayburn and Toledo. The rough water ride was the biggest selling point for me buying a Phoenix. I've had 3 now (2 721s and a 920). Like others have said, take one for a ride and the boat sells itself. If you want to go for a ride in my 920, let me know.

And I still have the same Phoenix 721 when Todd rode in mine at Rayburn before he got his. I love it. I'd like to get a 921 now, however.

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Chuck Priestly] #8588438 02/14/13 04:14 AM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Chuck Priestly
Originally Posted By: june-bug
I think they are priced in line with their competition but the fit and finish seemed to be subpar to the other brands. I agree with Javeline. Look at a lightly used 20ft for your home lakes. Can't go wrong with a Ranger. Lol.

Who would you say their competition is ? In my opinion they are in competition with every boat out there as many are making the move over to Phoenix . Fit and finish are second to only maybe Legend in my book . I just got out of a Bass Cat Jaguar and into a Phoenix 921 and I will just say I love this boat . The jag is a great boat also but man this Phoenix is really impressive . Dad has a Ranger and the ride , speed and handling do not even compare . He would have been soaked if he had crossed the lake I did yesterday without so much as even getting a little spray . If you haven't been for a ride in a Phoenix do yourself a favor and try to do so .

I was sharing my personal thoughts and opinion with Amac.
Looking into this boat. Reviews, thoughts, opinions anyone?

I recently bought another boat (Ranger Z21 of course Lol) and I did consider the Pheonix but I was unimpressed with 1/2" misalignment of the deck lids and subpar fit and finish (my opinion). So I did do myself a favor and bought my second Ranger.

Are you serious? Misalignment by 1/2" LOL .I tell you what Amec , please go ride in a Phoenix and then as many other boats as you possibly can and while you are at it inspect them thoroughly inside and out and then please report back .

Last edited by june-bug; 02/14/13 04:15 AM.
Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: basseditor] #8588553 02/14/13 04:45 AM
ModGuy56 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I have to agree on the misalignment also, every phoenix I've looked at has been like that, not downing on them I just know if I spend that much money on something just to go fishing it better be perfect

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Amac88] #8588596 02/14/13 05:00 AM
J
John Warden Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Just bought a new Ranger Z119 w/225. Worth taking a look at!!

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: ModGuy56] #8591625 02/14/13 10:58 PM
B
Berger Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Originally Posted By: ModGuy56
I have to agree on the misalignment also, every phoenix I've looked at has been like that, not downing on them I just know if I spend that much money on something just to go fishing it better be perfect

Can you please explain how they are misaligned? I can't imagine being able to openor close a deck lid on any boat that is off by 1/2". I am very interested in understanding what you are talking about.

Bernard Berger
2012 Phoenix 921 w/ Yamaha 250 SHO
Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Amac88] #8591815 02/14/13 11:54 PM
D
DEREKG Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
My 721 has roughly 250 hours on it and it still looks and performs just as good as the day I brought it home.. I have no doubt it will hold up perfectly for many years to come.. Only premium rigging components are used, and that is the stuff that usually starts to wear out and break first.. Mine is still flawless

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: june-bug] #8592558 02/15/13 02:38 AM
Chuck Priestly Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I think they are priced in line with their competition but the fit and finish seemed to be subpar to the other brands. I agree with Javeline. Look at a lightly used 20ft for your home lakes. Can't go wrong with a Ranger. Lol.

Who would you say their competition is ? In my opinion they are in competition with every boat out there as many are making the move over to Phoenix . Fit and finish are second to only maybe Legend in my book . I just got out of a Bass Cat Jaguar and into a Phoenix 921 and I will just say I love this boat . The jag is a great boat also but man this Phoenix is really impressive . Dad has a Ranger and the ride , speed and handling do not even compare . He would have been soaked if he had crossed the lake I did yesterday without so much as even getting a little spray . If you haven't been for a ride in a Phoenix do yourself a favor and try to do so .

I recently bought another boat (Ranger Z21 of course Lol) and I did consider the Pheonix but I was unimpressed with 1/2" misalignment of the deck lids and subpar fit and finish (my opinion). So I did do myself a favor and bought my second Ranger.

Are you serious? Misalignment by 1/2" LOL .I tell you what Amec , please go ride in a Phoenix and then as many other boats as you possibly can and while you are at it inspect them thoroughly inside and out and then please report back .

Yes I am serious, I didn't notice it until the guy standing next to me at the boat show pointed out how the lids on the deck did not fit flush to the ajoining lids or deck. the lids were shut completely and in the locked position. Some were as much as 1/2" above or below the ajoining areas. I did however notice this issue on a couple more boats at a local dealership a month or so later. It may have been an isolated run, but it reflects poor quality control to me. I'm glad you love your Pheonix and are happy with your decision. I'm in no way attacking them and I'm sure they build a fine boat. The question was simply ask to share one's opinion and experiences. And I do realize that not everyone can or wants to own a Ranger. LOL J/K. Anytime you mention Ranger on the forums it starts a firestorm.

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Amac88] #8593032 02/15/13 04:39 AM
B
Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I bet none of the production boats have the fit.and finish mine does since.I just did the carpet job, oh it was my first one too LOL. I really like the Phoenix boats they will be on my list to.demo when I buy my next one.

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Amac88] #8593642 02/15/13 01:49 PM
B
Badbasslures Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Phoenix makes a great boat. One my good friends bought a new 721 last year and we have put it through it's paces. I've fished out of every major brand of boat you can name and Phoenix is on par if not in some ways better than most. I have never personally seen a the misalignment issues referenced above, but every company will occasionally send out a product with an error it should have caught so I have no doubt it happened. Since several have referenced a Ranger in comparison (as is the norm in these type posts...), I'll run with that. smile Twp of my noramal partners are Ranger guys (one in 520c and one in z21) so I've spent considerable time in two of Rangers more popular lines, and have something to really compare Phoenix against. Phoenix has a great layout, platform is solid, and performance is not bad for a box boat. I would love to take most Ranger owners for ride in this boat, especially in rough water, and get an honest reaction about the perform and ride vs. their Ranger. There really isn't much comparison. Phoenix takes it all the way. Ride, handling, speed all go to Phoenix, and this is coming from a completely unbiased source who own's neither! Ranger makes a good boat but it is what is. They are no longer the dominating boats they once were in the market. Not because they have regressed, but because most others have made huge gains! I will say that Ranger is probably the most stable platform you can get to fish from once you set it down. Like standing on a rock, which is nice rough water. But that is just about the edge they have left.

If you have a 618 on your radar and are happy with the deal you are getting, go for it! I don't think you will be disapointed!

Last edited by Badbasslures; 02/15/13 01:50 PM.
Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Chuck Priestly] #8608128 02/19/13 04:48 AM
B
Berger Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
[quote=Chuck Priestly]I think they are priced in line with their competition but the fit and finish seemed to be subpar to the other brands. I agree with Javeline. Look at a lightly used 20ft for your home lakes. Can't go wrong with a Ranger. Lol.

Yes I am serious, I didn't notice it until the guy standing next to me at the boat show pointed out how the lids on the deck did not fit flush to the ajoining lids or deck. the lids were shut completely and in the locked position. Some were as much as 1/2" above or below the ajoining areas. I did however notice this issue on a couple more boats at a local dealership a month or so later. It may have been an isolated run, but it reflects poor quality control to me. I'm glad you love your Pheonix and are happy with your decision. I'm in no way attacking them and I'm sure they build a fine boat. The question was simply ask to share one's opinion and experiences. And I do realize that not everyone can or wants to own a Ranger. LOL J/K. Anytime you mention Ranger on the forums it starts a firestorm.
[/quote]
Well, I won't argue something I am not looking at. My front deck and lids do not match up in height either. That is bacause the padded deck carpet stands higher. The lids are not padded. I don't know why Phoenix didn't pad the lids but I am sure they have their reasons. Since I don't stand on the lids when I am fishing it's not a problem for me. By the way, I have seen quite a few Phoenix boats now and I have never seen any misaligned lids so far.

Bernard Berger
2012 Phoenix 921 w/ Yamaha 250 SHO
Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: 03svtsnakevert] #8608720 02/19/13 02:01 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: 03svtsnakevert
Overpriced

are you kidding? in the age of drastically increasing bass boat prices with little CPI and inflation elsewhere Phoenix has made a boat that competes with the big boys for $5-15k less.

Re: Phoenix 618 Pro [Re: Amac88] #8608759 02/19/13 02:14 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I think there are many out of touch people in this thread, all brands of bass boats have been increasing the MSRP about $5-10k a year for several years. If you last looked at Ranger prices 2-3 years ago and then looked at the new Phoenix prices they might be similar. Compare apples to apples a new 520 or 521 is how much, $75k? How much is a 2013 921, $60k? I'm A 520 owner FYI.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide