Over the weekend, my father and I went fishing each day.

On Friday, we went to Boddecker road(around 4 PM) and fished the bigside waters with shrimp, cutbait, and berkley chartreuse 4/10 inch mullet baits. We caught one keeper flounder on cutbait from a croaker we cut up.

On Saturday, we started out fishing underneath the 45 causeway (there is a boatlaunch there with large rectangular concrete blocks) with cutbait and shrimp. Then, we moved to 8 mile road north Jetty and didn't get anything. After that, we moved to seawolf park(with HIGH FEES) and caught nothing. The only fish we saw caught was about an 8 lb sheephead, caught by someone else off the pier. The fishing was so bad that a crowd gathered to look at the only fish caught.

On Sunday, we fished from 1:00 until 7:30 on the broken bridge (take a left just after the ferry - or left before the store, passing joe's bait business), with shrimp, cutbait, and those berkely artificials. We caught two flounder, one a keeper, and one too small(on berkely artificial, both). I watched a very hefty man break the line twice in a row on something big, hooked on shrimp at Bolivar location. I could tell that he was horsing the fish in rapidly,without the idea of letting the fish wear itself out. I wanted to scream at him that he was doing it wrong. But I simply cheered him along and wished him the best.

I am new to bankfishing in this area. Are we doing something wrong, or are there serious dry spells where fish do not bite? Is this a tough time of year for reds, flounder, trout, etc?

We are pretty good freshwater fisherman, with plenty of experience and knowledge finding crappie, catfish and bass.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

greenlee father and son

(edited to explain what bait we caught two flounder on at bolivar)

Last edited by Greenlee; 05/14/14 01:04 AM.