Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! #9878480 04/03/14 12:33 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Hey there, as most of you know I was recently diagnosed with MS. Things have been going pretty bad lately and we finally have nailed down the cause of the flare ups. STRESS!

I have a very demanding job in that they pay me salary but work me like a dog. (Excessive Mandatory Overtime). I am a pilot by trade but also have many other skills, one of which I have a passion for teaching and customer care.

Where the stress comes in is that I work in a male dominant industry but we have a scheduler at work who HATES men and has decided to make life miserable for a select few of us for no good reason. I have been working every end of the clock, 5 to 6 days a week and averaging 60 hrs a week while others are working 15 to 25 hrs a week.

I believe it's time to move on to a different venture!

What I am asking you men and women to help me with is this. Do any of you know of a job opening that would pay a livable wage? I'm not looking to get rich or to be married to my job, just a good people, enjoyable job that is available? My perfect job would be working with people and in the angling industry. But, I am not opposed nor am I to good for any job.

Fishing is my therapy, I'm sure most of you will agree that there is an amount of healing you go through when your out on the water just relaxing. My current job does not allow for this. I get my schedule on Friday at 1700 and by 0800 Saturday my schedule has changed then changes three to four more times throughout the week. No stability here!

If any of you are aware of a good ole family owned company that would be looking for an employee who will treat their customers right and be reliable, please send me a PM.

My neurologist is telling me that I need to get out of my current place of business or I'm just gonna get worse.

Thanks for reading!
God Bless you all!
Cevin

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878494 04/03/14 12:37 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
BEST OF LUCK!!!!!
There's nothing like a crummy job. I loved my job, but cannot do it anymore.
I hope you find something that makes life a joy to get up in the morning and go to work thumb

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878495 04/03/14 12:37 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Wish I could help you out but I will say a prayer for you in hopes that your health and job situation improves.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878502 04/03/14 12:40 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
we don't have any openings at our place , but I kan say its exactly what you are lookin for
I told the owner I am a bit stressed out yesterday after lunch and I need to go get me some ketchn therapy
he said see ya tomorrow thumb
hope you find something just like it brother

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Ketchn] #9878607 04/03/14 01:12 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Prayer said for health and job situation. We have openings here but it is HIGH Stress. Not a good fit for you.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878714 04/03/14 01:50 PM
K
kodys'papa Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Solid decision Cevin
I left my former profession two years shy of my retirement goal
Best decision I could have made for my mental well being
Hurt the pocketbook a little..
But, like everything else, that too shall pass

Hooking a fish is like playing string with a cat. The exact size, shape, color of string matters less than how you wiggle it- and little cats are easier to fool than big ones. John Gierach
Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878764 04/03/14 02:08 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Thanks everyone, what I have learned is that quality of life is so much more important than quantity. I have a business idea but not sure how to move forward with it. It would've in the medical supply industry. If anyone knows anything or anyone I would appreciate it. But with that said, I'm not too good to count minnows going into a bucket.

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878871 04/03/14 02:39 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Wish ya the best in your new adventure and can definitely empathize, as it will be 20 years of rotating shift work working 6 and 7 days strings. Weather doesn't take nights or weekends off. That being said, I have nothing to offer in my line of work, as you nee to have at least a 4 year Bachelor's degree in Atmospheric Sciences. I do wish ya the best though and agree about lack of time for fishing and the therapy it gives to ALL of us. Best of luck! cheers

Eric
--------------------------------------------------
"Fishing is to work, what aspirin is to headaches"
'Fighting Texas Aggies Class of 93'
Wanna-be senior meteorologist for the NWS in Fort Worth
Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878906 04/03/14 02:57 PM
G
GoldSpoonr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
All the best Capt Cevin!

Hope you find what you are looking for. Sounds like you have a number of transferable skills so I hope an opportunity comes knocking soon

GoldSpoonr

If you feel like a riot
Then dont you deny it
Put your good foot forward
Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9878949 04/03/14 03:12 PM
T
T. Dub Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I was diagnosed with MS back in 2010. Stress is DEFINITELY a big factor. I've been fortunate that my attacks haven't gotten worse, and other than putting the Mayo in the pantry, and the Peanut Butter in the fridge, I haven't had many issues. I was fortunate to get steered toward UT Southwestern after being incorrectly diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, and they have me on a twice a day pill. Other than Stucky76 REALLY getting on my nerves when he tries to keep me from the sweet spot on a brushpile, I've been able to manage my stress level pretty good. Best of luck to you, and if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9879000 04/03/14 03:41 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Sorry to hear about your health problems.

It might be possible that your current employer would provide a different position if you bring this to their attention.

If you can document what you stated, your employer could have problems for allowing this situation to exist. You may not do anything but leave but the odds one of the other people will get fed up and take legal action. So you would be doing them a favor by bringing this situation to their attention so they could correct it before it costs them a lot of money.

I am sure they would be aware of their potential liability once you bring it to their attention, not only from you but from the other employees to which this is being done. So once they are aware of it they should be willing to take steps to eliminate the problem for you, including the possibility of providing you a different position.

And if they do not care what is happening, then you deserve compensation for what they have allowed to happen in their work place.

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: ezgoing] #9879090 04/03/14 04:15 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
They are completely aware of what is going on. They also know I could retire on what they would have to pay me in a law suit. With that said, I am not the type to bring a suit against someone. It has crossed my mind but I firmly believe you reap what you sew. I have tried to transfer but you have to have aircraft specific skills to move. I just need out of there.

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: Cevin] #9879115 04/03/14 04:22 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I pray that God will help you find a good job. I understand this issue well. When I sold my company back in 2010, I had been working every waking hour and it had me just about dead. Took me about a year to get my health back.

Money ain't worth it. Never saw a brinks truck follow a funeral procession in my life.

Proverbs 23:4

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

4 Labor not to be rich; cease from thine own wisdom.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: T. Dub] #9879332 04/03/14 05:28 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: T. Dub
I was diagnosed with MS back in 2010. Stress is DEFINITELY a big factor. I've been fortunate that my attacks haven't gotten worse, and other than putting the Mayo in the pantry, and the Peanut Butter in the fridge, I haven't had many issues. I was fortunate to get steered toward UT Southwestern after being incorrectly diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, and they have me on a twice a day pill. Other than Stucky76 REALLY getting on my nerves when he tries to keep me from the sweet spot on a brushpile, I've been able to manage my stress level pretty good. Best of luck to you, and if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks T-Dub, I may send you a PM.

I went to the grocery store the other day and just stood there trying to remember why I went there. Old Age or MS?

Re: Reaching out to my TFF Buddies! [Re: PKfishin] #9879335 04/03/14 05:29 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: PKfishin
I pray that God will help you find a good job. I understand this issue well. When I sold my company back in 2010, I had been working every waking hour and it had me just about dead. Took me about a year to get my health back.

Money ain't worth it. Never saw a brinks truck follow a funeral procession in my life.

Proverbs 23:4

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

4 Labor not to be rich; cease from thine own wisdom.

AMEN TO THAT

Last edited by Capt. Cevin; 04/03/14 05:30 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide