Forums59
Topics1,041,392
Posts13,999,536
Members144,256
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: 10lberfork] #9322947 09/17/13 04:07 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: Gatorkidd
I have a place on fork think I will drive around public ramps and make sure your trucks and trailers stay safe this year have a safe tournament guys . flag

Much appreciated!

Gracias.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: Lil' Louie] #9323075 09/17/13 04:49 PM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
Originally Posted By: letsgofishin
Here's another rule----

DO NOT FISH IN THE BOAT LANES.

And if fish within 30-40 yards of a boat lane, don't give me a dirty look when I come by you on plane. I will throw less of a wake on plane than if I slowed down.

Some of the best spots are in the boat lanes, AND theres plenty of room to go around the fisherman not through them. If I am there and you have 200 yards to go around a group of boats your going to get more than a dirty look from me. Just sayin.

My friend, I'm gonna run from one buoy to the next this weekend. If you are fishing in that path, you're gonna get rocked a little.

Some of the best pavement to skateboard on is in the middle of the freeway. Would you go play out there?

This. especially with as low as the lake is.

Fishing in a boat lane is not illegal as far as I know. Creating a hazardous wake by "rocking someone a little" is. I had an idiot run on plane no more than 10 yards from me this past weekend (and no, I wasn't in a boat lane). Hit a stump, hit a wake the wrong way, and you could kill someone. Don't be ignorant.

And when you finish racing in to the weigh-in and get to take that polygraph, remember the state law that says creating a hazardous wake is illegal. See page 27: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_l2000_0014.pdf

Remember when Swindle was DQ'd from a BASS Elite tourney a few years back for running too close to other boats? http://www.bassmaster.com/swindles-day-2-catch-disqualified

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323077 09/17/13 04:50 PM
10lberfork Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
ok you see a 2011 white dodge pick up around the 515 by the resort and public ramp it will be me so rest assured its going be watched

[Linked Image]
Pro staff http://www.xcitebaits.com
(Im everyday average fisherman,But my day goes Pro. When I put on Xcite bait on and its fish on!!)
http://www.reeltimerods.com/
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323197 09/17/13 05:29 PM
Y
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Y
Alex:

You have a good point, but the difference in your case was you were NOT in the boat lane. Sounds like that guy was just a fool if he indeed was that close. That law is a very gray area. It's also illegal to run over someone with your vehicle, but if they are in the middle of the highway it's their fault if they get it.

Also, coming off plane throws a bigger wake than staying on plane. In either instance he's gonna get waked so technically you'd be breaking that law either way.

Lastly, if you're close to the boat lane and you are afraid the guy might hit a stump, lose control and hit you then maybe YOU should make the decision to get outta harms way. I know you said you weren't near the boat lane, but I'm just saying this in case someone ends up in this predicament.

Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323264 09/17/13 05:56 PM
Tree Shaker Offline
Angler
Angler
Fishing pattern for many is the "bent pole pattern" not a good idea!!

FISH ON! 9 by 9 = $$$
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323371 09/17/13 06:30 PM
ddantidwell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I know people fish a few of the humps in the boat run, but if you think it will be safe to do so on the Mcdonalds weekend, then HERE IS YOUR SIGN!!!!!! Thats all i got to say about that!!!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323843 09/17/13 09:06 PM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
YHRF: I personally come off plane before I get beside another boat. Of course, getting on or coming off plane next to someone will throw a bigger wake, but if we come off far enough in advance then it shouldn't throw much of a wake on them at all.

And I'm all about playing defense out there. That's why you won't find me fishing anywhere that someone can run before it's light outside, and I will launch before most guys wake up. And for this tournament, you won't find me fishing anywhere remotely close to a boat lane.

Good luck to all participants! It's a life changing event to win one of these.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: Alex Finch] #9323878 09/17/13 09:16 PM
Y
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
It's a life changing event to win one of these.

As YOU should know! thumb

Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323936 09/17/13 09:32 PM
S
SkeeterEater Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
yall have fun out there. BE careful. The only one of these we fished was the one where a man was killed near Mustang and Williams.

And I was just having a little fun. My dad's ole Skeeter ran like a top, most days but sometimes that ole Mariner would be tricky. No problems nowadays with the new skeeters.... They start up first try everytime. knock on wood. But I don't want to rush folks off. I figure if you get down the ramp and your boat ain't starting, get outta the way and wait for everyone else to launch.

Go ahead and launch. If you do it right, the momentum down the ramp will push you well back into the water even if your motor doesn't crank. If you're motor doesn't crank in 4 or 5 tries, hop up on the front deck and put the trolling motor down and ease over out of the way. This way you're at least in the water and can keep trying to crank it. Otherwise, if you pull up out of the water you can't try to crank it. Worse case is if you can't get it cranked, you can always troll off to a close bank and fish a little.

Dear everyone, please take this advice.

Last edited by SkeeterEater; 09/17/13 09:33 PM.

Take Dead Aim
I'd rather be lost on the water than found at work!
SkeeterEater
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9323983 09/17/13 09:53 PM
P
Peepaw on Fork Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
I have been out there plenty of times where people are not supposed to run but you would be surprised at the people that do

H. Burns
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9324010 09/17/13 10:03 PM
OzzieFish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Here's another rule----

DO NOT FISH IN THE BOAT LANES.

And if fish within 30-40 yards of a boat lane, don't give me a dirty look when I come by you on plane. I will throw less of a wake on plane than if I slowed down.

1+ I don't slow down if your fishing the boat lanes!!

Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: 10lberfork] #9324102 09/17/13 10:44 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Gatorkidd
I have a place on fork think I will drive around public ramps and make sure your trucks and trailers stay safe this year have a safe tournament guys . flag
thumbif I wasn't going dove hunting down south id be there with you.

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: Let's make some rules for the Big Bass Splash this weekend [Re: YankHardReelFast] #9324640 09/18/13 01:35 AM
TX5FISH Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
My happy butt will not be loading until i can see all those boats clearly!! then I'll run the lanes!
Y'all better get out of the way!

Fork on weekends
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide