Outdoorsman
T
FISHING.........

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9258 06/23/03 09:45 PM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
UH....Skeeterman,

The title of this thread has the word "cheater" in it. If you don't wanna read about the topic, pick another post.

Pretty easy, eh?

I'm still curious how things turned out.

KD

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9259 06/23/03 09:50 PM
T
THE SKEETER MAN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
IT said cheaters do you know more smart guy.

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9260 06/23/03 09:54 PM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Sure, I know more...How's this?

If you wanna control the content on the Texas Fishing Forum, read the title of the thread. If it's not something you wanna read about, DON'T CLICK ON IT! (SEE, OTHERS CAN YELL ALSO)

This thread has had lots of responses, and is now 3 pages long. Obviously SOMEONE has an interest in it, or it would have fallen off the page.

That's what I know.

I see from you're profile you've contributed a whopping 3 posts to the Texas Fishing Forum! Those 3 are all right above this one. Welcome to the TFF, the best place on the Planet to talk about fishing!

Lots of betters ways to make an entrance, don't ya think?

Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly Denham (edited 06-23-2003).]

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9261 06/23/03 11:04 PM
T
THE SKEETER MAN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Look Mr Denham im not look for a FIGHT
all Im saying is get off Jerry's back.
I've fished with jerry and fished against
jerry people have been saying he has been
cheating for years. I have yet to see that. Now as far a you go Mr Denham who cares what you think, it must take a cheater to know a cheater.NOW IM DONE.YOUR FRIEND SKEETER MAN

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9262 06/23/03 11:56 PM
Sharon Hill Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Skeeter Man, Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy and probably have enjoyed this site for awhile. I understand how you feel, however this post does mean alot to alot of people, so just pass it by. Sharon

[Linked Image]
Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9263 06/24/03 12:47 AM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Skeeterman,

If you've known Jerry, and have an opinion, then that's all you had to post. I commend you for standing up for someone that you know and obviously trust. That says alot about Jerry and this incident. I'm sure you feel like people are ganging up on him, but I really think most here just want to know the truth, and if he's not guilty, I don't think anyone wants to see him suffer anymore hardship than he already has. I can think of nothing worse than to a competive angler and be called a cheater!

My only gripe was for you to come on here, first post ever, type in all capital letters (admitting you knew it was yelling) and to try to run things, telling people what not to talk about. If these people had been standing around having a conversation, would you have walked up from no where and said the exact same thing? Probably not.

I have not made any comments on this thread, up until your comment. But, an alleged incident of cheating in a bass tourney, the passing/failing of a polygraph afterwards, the resulting reaction from the competitors and the alleged participants outcome in another tourney with an observer in the boat is something I have a HUGE amount of interest in, as do probably most bass anglers in the State of Texas.

I never said he was a cheater, nor did I personally attack you and call you anything. I am not a cheater, as you insinuated, and doubt seriously you would say that to any mans face that you've never met. Again, I can't think of many things you could say to an angler worst than that.

Again, welcome to the TFF! We really are a good bunch of folks, but we do stand up and defend the board and it's policies, just as you are defending your friend. We're not so different, now are we?

Kelly Denham

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9264 06/24/03 01:14 AM
J
j.steve Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Ditto what pdeibert says!
THE SKEETER MAN, at the bottom of the page are 2 buttons, REPLY and POST NEW TOPIC. Choose post new topic if you want to start a new thread. This one is on topic and a lot of people would like to know how Jerry did. From what I have read, Jerry has done no wrong and has been accused/tried unjustly. That is why I ditto'd what pdeibert said. It seems that there are just too damned many wannabe bassmasters out there that thinks if they get beat the guy must have cheated. If I had fished these tournaments and heard all that was said and knew of the 4 tourneys where an observer was put in his boat and he won 2 of those, I would assume that he was just that good and if I was competing against him I would just be trying to luck out and beat him. I think the guys that protested and the ones that even thought of starting trouble if Jerry fished that Sunday ought to be man enough to apologize for it but I would not hold my breath for that to happen. Some people are just sore loosers and are not NEAR as good as they think! That's my .02 on the subject.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9265 06/24/03 01:59 AM
R
rod Offline
Angler
Angler
R
I see that THE SKEETER MAN list as his occupation:auto. I think his horn may be stuck.

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9266 06/24/03 03:35 AM
T
THE SKEETER MAN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
FIRST!IF YOU KNEW I ME I WILL SAY THAT TO ANY MAN OR WOMAN TO FACE.but thats not why
i posted my words.I haved fished over 35 years 10 com.you will always hear about someone cheating,joking or not.BUT i know we are talking $ here.But i hope there are honest people that love to fish.It takes alot to walk away and hear the [censored].but i will leave you alone.we will meet on the playing
field MR DENHAM(lake)and we will seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. YOUR FRIEND
THE SKEETER MEN............

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9267 06/24/03 08:27 AM
J
Jim Murray Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I know it will never happen, but I think it?s time to put the Jerry Gold issue to rest.

After he took and CLEARED the polygraph last week, it should have been settled, but yet there have still been skeptics. I was told by several that ?Clinton and OJ passed polygraphs, so they aren?t worth a $&#@!!!

On the TFF, there has been a lot of discussion about polygraphs during the last few weeks, and because of this, I have done an extreme amount of investigation, and have found out some very interesting information.

1. Clinton and OJ didn?t really pass their examinations. They weren?t asked the proper questions, and it is the general consensus among reputable polygraph examiners that have reviewed their charts, that they were deceitful.

2. Jerry Gold didn?t take your average old ?back seat? bass tournament polygraph, but he took one from one of the best examiners in the state, in an office without distractions, on the absolute latest ?state of the art? equipment, and he was grilled for hours. He was cleared of any wrongdoings, period. The type of polygraph that Jerry took, is the same type administered by the FBI, CIA, and several other ?sure enough? serious organizations.

3. Personally I don?t think he cheated, and for anybody who thinks that they can lie on one of these types of polygraphs, and get away with it, I?ve got a way for you to make a quick $10,000. An individual (not Jerry) has agreed to put up $10,000 against $5000, for anybody that can ?beat the box? on a polygraph administered by Pat O?Burke of San Antonio.

If you can lie and pass one, or know somebody that can, all you have to do is put up your $5000, clear the test, and walk away the other $10,000. We can arrange for a third party to handle the list of questions, hold the money, etc. It?s time to put up or shut up. We can publicize the results right on this forum.

On Sunday morning, I decided not to put an observer in the boat with Jerry, even though he had requested one. Jerry and his partner caught 3 small fish during the tournament. The team that won the week before only had a few small fish also.

During the tournament, there were several fish weighed in (not by Jerry) that looked absolutely pitiful. Two were so bad that we decided not to even filet them. Quite a few people saw them in addition to myself. No one raised any questions about them.

One of the teams that did real well, had a couple of fish die early, and they confided in me that after what had happened to Jerry the week before, they were really concerned about what people would say about them. This issue is going to cause some paranoia for sure.

What this past week has done to me, it to convince me that 95 percent of the tournament fishermen are great people, but the other 5 percent are pure unadulterated pricks. That 5 percent are the same people that embarrass you in restaurants, park in handicapped parking spaces without a permit, want everything their way, yada, yada, yada.

FOR SALE: Pretty nice weigh in trailer, complete with 3 sets of scales, remote display, 2 built in wash tubs with ?golden rule,? 1 free standing wash tub with golden rule for contestants, 150 gal tank with aerator, plenty of heavy weigh in bags, plenty of plastic weigh in bags, PA system, and much more. Call for more information.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Jim Murray

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9268 06/24/03 12:00 PM
Sharon Hill Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
As always insults and profanity are not a part of the forum. Discussion is, and alot has been learned. Sharon

[This message has been edited by sharonwilson01 (edited 06-24-2003).]

[Linked Image]
Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9269 06/24/03 12:36 PM
an_average_joe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Jim - Please tell us your not serious - I hope your not serious - but e-mail me your telephone number if you are colemaij@ev1.net (about the equipment)

------------------
220 Million ----- the number of Acres designated as National Park, forests and wildlife refuges by Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Re: I hear S.Texas dont need polys yo catch cheaters!?? #9270 06/24/03 05:56 PM
R
RonJR Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Jim is serious.......stick a fork in him...

As far as the Gold incident.....I've fished since I could hold and cast a rod/n/reel.....and I'll be damn if I knew that I was not a cheater (and I know that I'm not)I would never walk from a two day tourny with a 3 pound lead over 2nd place after the first day.......I don't care who is threating to kick my a$$....the phrase "handwriting is on the wall" seems to be proper here...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide