Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9230523 08/15/13 12:20 PM
S
Skipper Chuck Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Awesome Deal! Thanks for doing that Philip. You are the man!

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9230776 08/15/13 01:59 PM
S
spro Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Awesome! Good call on the solid body vs the split body. thumb

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9232266 08/15/13 09:44 PM
N
NTXGS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
What weight are your bullet heads?
??

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9232506 08/15/13 11:24 PM
RSR Lures Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
1/2 and 3/4 ounce with 3/0 hooks
1 ounce with a 4/0

www.rsrlures.com
214-448-9019
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9232569 08/15/13 11:51 PM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I've always liked a "solid" body........ Oh wait, we talking flukes. bolt
rolfmao

Reel Thrill’s Guide Service
Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: Kerry Dugan] #9233934 08/16/13 03:08 PM
famfish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Can I get those bullet jigheads with a drop eye? breakdance

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9235202 08/16/13 11:00 PM
T
T-MAC Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Looks good Phillip.

[Linked Image]

Take A Kid Fishing !!!
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9235485 08/17/13 01:49 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Hey RSR guys, can we carry on a useless conversation to keep this ad up top? bolt
rolfmao

Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9235551 08/17/13 02:22 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Forgot one thing....... Happy thanksgiving! grin

Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9235572 08/17/13 02:32 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
cheers

Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9235599 08/17/13 02:45 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I woke with something in my head
I couldn't escape the memory....

Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: gborg] #9236862 08/17/13 08:04 PM
A
ATM97 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
Originally Posted By: gborg
BTW Philip will make the lures u need for ur home lake , just explain what u need , he will make it without an up charge . Great customer service and follow up

Sorry to hijack this thread and go completely off topic but I really agree with gborg here. If it has lead and hooks, Philip will help you get whatever you want. I have slabs to try out from him that aren't even listed on his site. I know some will say any slab will catch fish anytime and sometimes that is the case, but in my limited experience some slabs will outperform others especially in certain conditions. My home lake is Palestine and it can be very fickle at times. If you want to catch fish consistently you have to be know how to use your electronics, cover a lot of water, and catch fish (especially hybrids) quickly before they are gone.

That being said, don't wish for dead sticking time to be here just yet because there is still a solid bite that at times can be amazing. Yesterday was one of those days for me. Finished the day with over 50 hybrids with 40 or more coming on Philips 1.5 Frog slab. Early this spring he sent me an order of these slabs unpainted and I experimented with what powder paint color works best on Palestine and came to conclusion that chrome just kills.

This type of slab bite is probably my favorite bite all year now. As far as how to be most effective using this bait, you really need side imaging at a minimum to do this and preferably an I-pilot as well. This search technique I learned from fellow TFF'er Curlydawg. On Palestine the most productive depths for spring and summer are usually 15-20 fow for hybrids and 10-20 fow for whites. Pull up a gps map and find humps and points preferably wind blown at these depths that drop off in to deeper water. We will usually follow 16' contour line and run the TM on high watching SI for fish. When you mark fish hit the spot lock and as the bow spins around you will get a circular distorted sweep but the more you get used to looking at it you will get a better idea of where and how many fish are out in front of the boat. After deciding where is the biggest concentration of fish, make as long a cast as possible with this slab and after it hits the bottom fish it back to boat in same manner Dennis Christian fishes his Mepps. Five quick reels then free spool back to bottom then repeat. Usually farther from the boat you will get hit on 3rd, 4th or 5th crank and as you get closer back to boat you will start picking up more on the free spool. Usually fish it on medium heavy rod with 30# power pro. The frog slab is super thin so it has the fall of a flutter spoon but the castabilty and feel of the heavy lead slab especially in wind that allows you to cover a lot of water quickly. In the water the chrome color (would imagine the silver holo is same) has the same flash and look that you see in your cast net when it is loaded with shad. Have had several epic days on Palestine this summer using this and have also had luck with this bait and technique on Tawakoni as well. The strike with this presentation is absolutely addictive, especially on the braid line.

My other two favorite RSR slabs for Palestine are his flutter lure slab in 1 oz also in chrome all thru the spring and his half once casting slab in chrome or white for the finicky summer whites that are feeding on the much smaller fry.

Sorry for the long post and few will probably even read it but just wanted to say thanks to Philip for his fantastic service and products. I have made purchases from just about every vendor on the TFF and he is a pleasure to do business with just like the rest. Whenever I need to make a reorder I will probably try to talk him in to getting some chrome powder paint if he doesn't already have it so I don't have mess with that step of the process anymore.

Big fish yesterday going just over 26" and 8-15 on the digital scale a few others that have come to the boat.

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: Kerry Dugan] #9237068 08/17/13 09:32 PM
S
Skipper Chuck Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Kerry Dugan (Benbrook Guide)
Hey RSR guys, can we carry on a useless conversation to keep this ad up top? bolt
rolfmao

Sure, as long as you don't insult my math skills!

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: ATM97] #9237394 08/17/13 11:42 PM
Capt. Michael Littlejohn Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ATM97
Originally Posted By: gborg
BTW Philip will make the lures u need for ur home lake , just explain what u need , he will make it without an up charge . Great customer service and follow up

Sorry to hijack this thread and go completely off topic but I really agree with gborg here. If it has lead and hooks, Philip will help you get whatever you want. I have slabs to try out from him that aren't even listed on his site. I know some will say any slab will catch fish anytime and sometimes that is the case, but in my limited experience some slabs will outperform others especially in certain conditions. My home lake is Palestine and it can be very fickle at times. If you want to catch fish consistently you have to be know how to use your electronics, cover a lot of water, and catch fish (especially hybrids) quickly before they are gone.

That being said, don't wish for dead sticking time to be here just yet because there is still a solid bite that at times can be amazing. Yesterday was one of those days for me. Finished the day with over 50 hybrids with 40 or more coming on Philips 1.5 Frog slab. Early this spring he sent me an order of these slabs unpainted and I experimented with what powder paint color works best on Palestine and came to conclusion that chrome just kills.

This type of slab bite is probably my favorite bite all year now. As far as how to be most effective using this bait, you really need side imaging at a minimum to do this and preferably an I-pilot as well. This search technique I learned from fellow TFF'er Curlydawg. On Palestine the most productive depths for spring and summer are usually 15-20 fow for hybrids and 10-20 fow for whites. Pull up a gps map and find humps and points preferably wind blown at these depths that drop off in to deeper water. We will usually follow 16' contour line and run the TM on high watching SI for fish. When you mark fish hit the spot lock and as the bow spins around you will get a circular distorted sweep but the more you get used to looking at it you will get a better idea of where and how many fish are out in front of the boat. After deciding where is the biggest concentration of fish, make as long a cast as possible with this slab and after it hits the bottom fish it back to boat in same manner Dennis Christian fishes his Mepps. Five quick reels then free spool back to bottom then repeat. Usually farther from the boat you will get hit on 3rd, 4th or 5th crank and as you get closer back to boat you will start picking up more on the free spool. Usually fish it on medium heavy rod with 30# power pro. The frog slab is super thin so it has the fall of a flutter spoon but the castabilty and feel of the heavy lead slab especially in wind that allows you to cover a lot of water quickly. In the water the chrome color (would imagine the silver holo is same) has the same flash and look that you see in your cast net when it is loaded with shad. Have had several epic days on Palestine this summer using this and have also had luck with this bait and technique on Tawakoni as well. The strike with this presentation is absolutely addictive, especially on the braid line.

My other two favorite RSR slabs for Palestine are his flutter lure slab in 1 oz also in chrome all thru the spring and his half once casting slab in chrome or white for the finicky summer whites that are feeding on the much smaller fry.

Sorry for the long post and few will probably even read it but just wanted to say thanks to Philip for his fantastic service and products. I have made purchases from just about every vendor on the TFF and he is a pleasure to do business with just like the rest. Whenever I need to make a reorder I will probably try to talk him in to getting some chrome powder paint if he doesn't already have it so I don't have mess with that step of the process anymore.

Big fish yesterday going just over 26" and 8-15 on the digital scale a few others that have come to the boat.

Ive said it before and i'll stick to my word. I've caught hundreds of Palestine hybrids in my days of living in Tyler...AND, they are STILL the most colorful hybes anywhere. Got to be tha' water...

Good report and nice to see the bluewave dirt'eeeed up a bit! thumb

Michael Littlejohn's Full-Time Lake Tawakoni Guide Service
www.tawakoniguideservice.com
Click HERE for Recent CATCH Photos!

Re: Your Dead-Sticking Headquarters [Re: RSR Lures] #9239194 08/18/13 07:21 PM
RSR Lures Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Thanks for the kind words.

www.rsrlures.com
214-448-9019