Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
In Memoriam #9095201 07/03/13 11:18 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
In remembrance of TFF members who have left us for better waters and the rewards of the afterlife.

May you all rest in peace.
If you would like someone added, please PM a moderator.

Edward James "Jay" Hardin ("Dexter Wilcox")
From TFF member zargon1211

Edward James "Jay" Hardin was born March 27, 1959. He left this earth for the better one promised by our Lord on August 29, 2010. Jay grew up in Junction and attended school there and later Texas Tech University.

Jay worked for Bruce Thornton Air Conditioning in Lubbock for 10 years before moving back to Junction to join Hardin Plumbing, Inc. as VP. He would point with pride at the many projects he worked on and say, "I put little pipes together there..."
For 10 years Jay did a masterful job as Kimble County Democratic Chairman. Jay loved to play tennis, hunt, and fish with his special friends. He spent many hours at Morgan Shady Park doing everything from grounds keeping to customer relations.

Jay is survived by his wife Becky, son James, mother Laverne, brother Hardy, sister in law Cindy, sister Vicki, adopted brother J.D. Kidwell, adopted sister Kim Paxson, and aunts Karon Morgan and Dorothy Butch.

He was preceeded in death by his father Holbert Hardin, father in law Landon Saunders, grandfather O.E. "Scrap" Morgan and grandmother Helen Morgan.
The world lost a great man when we lost "Dexter"...

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095203 07/03/13 11:19 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Mike Green (broken rod)
From his son Mr.LEGEND

My dad was a down to earth go ole boy who had done every thing in his life that he wanted to. He was very proud of his family. He was a phenomenal father, husband, teacher and my best friend. He qualified 2 times to go to the world coon hunt in the UKC. He also qualified to go in the PKC. But he never got to compete in them due to finances. He always made sure family came first. My dad was very loyal to my mom. He grew up in the Lake Dallas area and attended school there.

He was the only person from Lake Dallas High School to receive an award from Austin for his outstanding knowledge of small engine mechanics. He is the only man I know at 18 years old to teach a mechanics course in high school. He loved fishing and was a very tough competitor on area lakes in north Texas. He was a guide on Lake Lewisville for years. He would give the shirt off his back to anyone and would not question it. He had his way of helping people. Whether it was marital, financial, or just questions about life he had an answer. He wouldn't sugar coat anything, he would tell you how it was.

May the sun rise on calm waters and the wind breeze from the west ... may the day bring peace and joy with every cast every hook set you will be in my heart and there to see what you helped raise out of tears joy and happiness. I love you dad and we got it under control down here.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095205 07/03/13 11:19 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Blake Anthony George (LKGFISHNBASS)
From his wife Louise George

Blake Anthony George, 07/21/1968 to 07/28/2008, born in Little Rock, AR, died in Hurst, TX.

Blake was survived by his wife Louise and children Joshua, Hailee and Alexa, parents Roy and Sandy George, and Paul and Grace Byrd. Also, he was survivied by sisters Rhonda, Kelley and Blyss, and brother Jim.

Blake was no angel, but he was our angel. Blake always put his family first, no matter what. He really took care of us. Blake always had numerous projects from fishing to football. He was always looking for another way to improve the quality of our lives financially.

Blake worked in many capacities most recently in the Tarrant County Judicial System, but was previously with the Tarrant County Sheriff's Dept for more than 14 years. Blake served in the Army National Guard in his younger days, his son Josh followed in his footsteps and is due to deploy to Iraq September 3rd.

Blake had many friends. He was always able to make you smile, no matter how your day was going. He was always ready to help a friend in need and on numerous occasions called me with the news that he had loaned someone money to pay a bill. He was a very generous man. He was a great example to me.

Blake was the love of my life, and unfortunately only came into my life 6 short years ago. I knew from the moment we met that he was someone different from the norm. He captured me with his love of life and passionate spirit. He pushed me beyond my comfort zones and introduced me to the sport of fishing, a passion that we shared.

I will miss Blake in so many ways. Most of all I think I will miss his sweet smile and fun loving nature.

I have had so many comments from people I don't even know about how Blake touched their life. Not in some astounding way, but in the small daily acts of kindness that he showed to so many.

Blake will be missed.
Louise George

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095206 07/03/13 11:19 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joe Sanderson (BBQ-man)

[Linked Image]

Joe Sanderson, 70, died Thursday, Jan. 15, 2009, at his home in Graham.
Mr. Sanderson was born Oct. 29, 1938, in Hefner to Irene Celeste Norwood Sanderson and the late Eugene Columbus Sanderson. Joe married JoAnn Caldwell on March 24, 1956, in Ardmore, Okla.

Joe was an inspector for Southwestern Laboratories in Fort Worth for several years before moving to Jacksboro where he and JoAnn owned and operated White's Auto. Joe moved to Graham in 1976 when he became the owner of Sanderson's Restaurant, formerly Pit Bar BQ. Joe had been a pilot since 1963 and enjoyed flying and trading for different airplanes. Joe loved fishing, golf, softball and traveling to the coast and the mountains.

Survivors include his wife, JoAnn Sanderson of Graham; daughter, Connie Boster and husband Rollo of Springtown; son, Ronnie Sanderson of Graham; mother, Irene Sanderson of Newark; six grandchildren, Jimmy Boster, Ronnie Sanderson Jr., James Sanderson, Jessica Sanderson, Caroline Hall and Sabrina Boster; four great-grandchildren, Katelyn, Jordan, Brandon and Spencer; five brothers, Virgle Sanderson of Newark, Clinton Sanderson and wife Mollie of Boyd, Gerald Sanderson and wife Jodie of Paradise, Ronald Sanderson and wife Sharon of Paradise and Mike Sanderson and wife Sharon of Haslet; two sisters, Becky Bricker and husband Joey of Newark and Billie Burkett and husband Bill of Jacksboro; and numerous nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins also survive.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095207 07/03/13 11:19 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Wes Littrell (AthensWes)

In loving memory of our fishing buddy Wes Littrell (AthensWes)

Wes was born Oct. 31, 1977 in Sherman to Mike and Lynne (Wetzel) Littrell. After graduating from Tom Bean High School in 1996, Wes earned a bachelor of science in forest and wildlife management from Stephen F. Austin State University. On May 3, 2003, he and Lynne Bender were married near Tom Bean in the former Cedar Methodist Church.

An avid fisherman and outdoor enthusiast, Wes was employed by Texas Parks and Wildlife as a wildlife biologist at the Gus Engeling Wildlife Management Area, and was an active member of numerous wildlife conservation organizations. Wes was a member of the First UMC in Athens where he played guitar for the church's Praise Team. Always the "family man," Wes will be remembered for his unconditional agape love of his family and his dedication and love for the Lord.

Wes Littrell is survived by his wife Lynne who is expecting their first child in November; parents, Mike and Lynne Littrell of Tom Bean; brother, Brad Littrell and wife Jenny of Hutto; niece, Madilyn Littrell; grandfather, Oscar Wetzel of Tom Bean; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Gary and Malinda Bender of Cresco, Pa.; brother-in-law, Randy Bender and wife Gwen of Mountainhome, Pa.; and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095210 07/03/13 11:20 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Kevan Louis Zalken (jignpig)

[Linked Image]

Kevan Louis Zalken, age 53, passed away Saturday, Sept. 10, 2011, at his home in Dallas, Texas after a hard fought battle with cancer. Raised in Jefferson City, Missouri, Kevan served in the U.S. Army from 1978 to 1984 returning to Missouri. He took a detour to New Zealand in 2001 and then settled in Texas in 2002. Kevan was brilliant yet humble and unassuming. He was quick-witted, kind and generous. Kevan was a wonderful man who touched many people's lives and he will be greatly missed by all that knew and loved him. Kevan's passions were fishing, music, horses, fishing and fishing. Kevan is survived by his loving partner in life, Cynthia Omar; his son, SSG Benjamin J. Ritter and his wife, Crystal and daughter, Shelbi; his daughter, Hannah Zalken and children, Makenzie Myers and Camden Lee Wright; and parents, Byron and Pat Zalken, and Linda Atkins; and sister, Laura Carrera. Kevan is also survived by Cynthia's children who love him dearly and whom he called his own and always introduced as his daughter and sons, Megan Omar, Aly Omar and James Southerland Jr. and wife, Jessica. Family and friends will gather for a private memorial service at Lewisville Lake on Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011. Memorial service inquires to kzalkenmemorial@yahoo.com and condolences may be sent to 9930 Buckingham Rd., #404, Dallas, TX 75243.

Kevan Zalken Trivia

1. Kevan was allergic to fish. Yep, couldn't eat what he caught so when he fished the barge, he always passed them on to someone who looked like they needed them. During his last visit in the hospital, they were going to give him an iodine test and pumped him up on Benadryl for 3 days. He had a craving for authentic fish and chips but I could not find them, however, he happily scarfed down 2 WhataCatches from WhataBurger.
2. Kevan was a minor league pitcher in the 80s. Yep, he pitched for one of Kansas City's farm teams. Loved it, but blew out his shoulder. Was pitcher all through high school. His senior year he got hit in his left eye, fracturing eye socket and causing eye damage.
3. Kevan was a Yoda fanatic. I created a rather large collection for him over the past 8 year. He loved talking like Yoda.
4. Kevan loved The Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Allison Krauss and Vince Gill.
5. Kevan played guitar and sang (beautiful voice). Preferred to play John Denver. We spent many a night with the TV turned off and him playing John Denver and us harmonizing. Sometimes he would actually let me sing lead.
6. Kevan loved the BBC mysteries and comedies on KERA.
7. Kevan had the complete collection of Carl Sagan's Cosmos on DVD.
8. Kevan loved to read Westerns.
9. Kevan was a MASH expert. We have all the seasons on DVD. He collected MASH memorabilia for 20 years.
10. Kevan was a Horse Whisperer. He was a true gentleman cowboy. Owned a horse farm in Missouri for 10 years. He was a heeler in a team roping team. He loved cutting horses, loved the calmness and he wanted to retire training cutting horses. We went to the cutting horse competition in Ft Worth each year.
11. After having raised his children, in 2003, Kevan fell in love with a two year old little girl named Megan. He was Daddy to Megan for 8 years. He lovingly called her doofus or his elfin princess (due to her ears), but "doofus" most of the time. Most men after having raised their own will not even consider doing it all over again. Kevan didn't blink an eye. It was love at first sight for the both of them.

Kevan was a true blessing in our lives and deeply loved. He will be greatly missed.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095211 07/03/13 11:20 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Richard Jenkins (rigginrich)

[Linked Image]

Richard Wayne Jenkins of Aledo, Texas was born on June 3, 1952 in Fort Worth, Texas to George and Ettie Jo Jenkins. He passed away on September 22nd, 2011 at his home.

Richard was a graduate of Poly Tech High School in Fort Worth, TX. He married Karen Kennemer Jenkins in 1980. They have two children, Christie and Brandon. Richard was a devoted husband, father, brother and friend, and he was "Paw Paw" to his only granddaughter whom he adored .

Richard lived for fishing and participated in tournament bass fishing events for the better part of his adult life. He was known by many for his kind demeanor and willingness to give advice even with those he was competing against. Richard leaves behind many friends and he went out of his way to make sure he had no enemies. He loved sharing stories about his experiences in fishing and in life with everyone and anyone. His excitement and enthusiasm for life will be greatly missed, it was second to none.

He is survived by his wife, Karen Jenkins, Son and daughter-in-law, Brandon and Jennifer Jenkins, daughter Christie Jenkins, granddaughter Amelia Jenkins, sister, Sandra Cooper, sister and brother-in-law Debi and Jerry Dunson, numerous nieces, nephews, family and friends.

On September 22nd, 2011, God got a new fishing partner and the world lost a great man. Rest in Peace. Paw Paw, we love you.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095212 07/03/13 11:20 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Howell Wayne Dodd (HalDodd)

[Linked Image]

Howell Wayne Dodd, loving son, husband, father, brother, son-in-law, uncle and friend, passed away Thursday, Oct. 21, 2010, at the age of 41.

Howell was born March 4, 1969, to Ron and Sissy Dodd in Midland. He met and fell in love with the love of his life, Jojo, and they were married Nov. 10, 2001. Howell loved music and played the guitar. He was an avid outdoorsman and owned H.D. Guide Service, a fishing guide service at Joe Pool Lake. He was always the entertainer and brought a smile to everyone's face.

Howell was preceded in death by his mother-in-law, Mary Jo Butler; stepdaughter, Taylor Lynn Colbert; maternal grandparents, Edwin Harvey Childers and Catherine Louise Donaldson Childers; paternal grandparents, Ira Edward Dodd and Mary Lee Winslett Dodd; and aunt, Mollie Eugene Childers Wagman. Survivors: Wife, Jojo Lynn Dodd; daughter, Kalli Jordan Colbert; parents, Ron and Sissy Dodd; brother, Dwayne Dodd and wife, Angie; father-in-law, Butch Butler; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins; a large host of friends; and his beloved dog, Pico.

From TFF member David Lee.

I had the pleasure of meeting Hal Dodd on Joe Pool back in 2003. We would get out and fish the humps when it was freezing cold outside. Hal passed out hand warmers at the ramp when we launched.

While out fishing you would see Hal go back to his console every 30 minutes or so and duck down. I did not think anything of it. We headed to the Oasis to grab a bacon cheeseburger, and I looked in Hals boat to see what he was doing. He had a propane heater tucked under his console that he would go warm up by. No wonder he said it was not so cold outside. We all got a good laugh.

I was fortunate to fish with Hal on many occasions on Joe Pool and Cedar Creek. Fished with Hal many times at the crappie house on Joe Pool, never caught many keepers but always had a good time. It was always a good day fishing with Hal. He would work his tail off to find fish and keep the laughter coming.

Hal would help anyone find fish on Joe Pool. If you were catching fish Hal was happy. I would laugh when trolling for sand bass on Joe Pool and Hal would get a Joe Pool �hybrid� (black bass). Hal was a good man and I feel very fortunate to have known Hal and had the opportunity to fish with him. He is deeply missed, but I am sure he is up there still handing out info on where to catch them on Joe Pool.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9095213 07/03/13 11:21 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #9927249 04/22/14 05:28 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
David Parsons (Davo)

[Linked Image]

David Parsons (Davo), 56, of Kerrville, passed away on June 20, 2013 in Kerrville, Texas. He was born in San Antonio, Texas, to J.B. and Dyphene McRae Parsons on October 30, 1956. He married Ellen Chambers on May 30, 1983 in San Antonio, Texas.

He graduated from Winston Churchill High School, San Antonio in 1975 and attended Southern Methodist University, Trinity University, UTSA and International Bible College in San Antonio. David enjoyed saltwater fishing in Port Aransas on the jetties and fishing for white bass on the Colorado River and spent many hours studying his Bible and discussing scripture. He enjoyed many discussions with friends on the Texas Fishing Forum.

David is preceded in death by his father, J.B. Parsons.

David is survived by his wife of 32 years, Ellen Parsons of Kerrville: son Jeremiah Parsons of Kerrville: mother Dyphene Parsons of San Antonio: brothers Brad Parsons of Manhattan, NY; John Mark Parsons (Loraine) of San Antonio; Frank Parsons (Cindy) of Tulsa, OK: sister CeCe Demarest of Killingsworth, CT: nephews Brey Parsons, Chase Parsons and David Demarest.

At 20 years old David gave his heart to the Lord and never looked back. From that day forward his life's goal was to learn all he could about God through studying the Bible and to try to live by the words in it. It is hard to believe he is gone and that his voice has been silenced, but he will live in our hearts forever and we will meet him again on the other side.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #10046429 06/08/14 11:27 AM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Ron Davis Phillips (Waumpus)

Ron Davis Phillips, 64, earned his angel wings on October 29, 2011 in Temple, Texas. Ron, "Tiny" was born on Oct 7, 1947, in Whitewright, Texas, to Samuel and Claudine Phillips. Ron was a courageous man, who retired after twenty-five years of service as a Deputy Chief at Temple Fire Department, where he diligently risked his own life to save others. If you knew Ron, you loved him. He was a caring father, family man and friend. He went the extra mile to tell each and every one of his family that he loved them every day. Ronald enjoyed many hobbies: hunting, fishing, boating, gunsmithing, playing poker with his family and just "Taking it Easy."

He was preceded in death by his father, Samuel Davis Phillips and brother, Donald Ray. Ronald is survived by his mother, Claudine Phillips, wife, Pamela K. Phillips, children: Angel Elkins, Dawn Watts, Davis Phillips, Amy Phillips, Meagan Phillips-McMahon, Shawn McMahon and sister Gail Sadler. In addition he had many loving grandchildren: Devin Rowland, Macy Rowland, Nick Phillips, and Caleb Elkins. "Tiny" also had two nieces: Sara Doyle, Katie Sadler, one nephew CK Sadler and great nieces Meagan, Taylor and Lauren Doyle.

So, from all his children, We love you! Smoxxx!

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #10647905 02/25/15 10:31 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Bradley Dean Volding (Brad)

GRAPEVINE -- Bradley Dean Volding of Grapevine passed away on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015, at a Fort Worth hospital.
Memorial service with public visitation and a reception will begin at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 28, at Good Shepherd Catholic Community, 1000 Tinker Road, Colleyville, 76034. Memorials: In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a higher education fund for Brad's daughters by inquiring via email at grapevinetexans@verizon.net. Or memorials may be made to the Good Shepherd Catholic Community Development Project, 1000 Tinker Road, Colleyville, Texas 76034.

Brad was born Dec. 30, 1966, in Dallas. He graduated from Countryside High School in Clearwater, Fla., attended the University of Georgia and graduated from the University of North Texas with a master's degree in accounting. He most recently worked in technology support at the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD. Brad loved to fish with his buddies anytime, anywhere. He was a great cook and knew the lyrics to every Jimmy Buffett and classic country song. Brad found the most joy in spending time with his wife, children, family, friends and colleagues. His sense of humor and smile will be missed by many.

Survivors: Brad is survived by his loving wife of 18 years, Andrea Barcia Volding; devoted daughters, Christen and Elena Volding; parents, Dennis and Nancy Volding; siblings, Jeff Volding and Vicki Volding Whitcomb; and nieces and nephews, Austin and Sarah Volding and Caraline and Matthew Whitcomb.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12962248 11/11/18 11:02 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Matthew Clinton Carroll (Jigum)

[Linked Image]

Matthew Clinton Carroll went home to be with the Lord August 30th, 2018.

Jigum, as he was very well known by the Crappie fishing community, was born May 10th, 1950 in Toledo, Ohio. Matthew attended college where he played basketball, being 68 in his prime. He had an incredible passion for Crappie fishing and was more than willing to spread his wisdom with others seeking his knowledge. Matthew started his own jig tying business after being fascinated that one could catch Crappie in that fashion. Jigum Jigs was created shortly after he mastered the craft in making some of the finest Crappie jigs known to man. This in turn grew his popularity and made his name well known by so many people that grew to love Matthew and become part of his family.

Matthew is survived by his two brothers, Terry and Mike, his daughter Christine Sharp, and two sons Blake and Jared Clark.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #13118485 04/09/19 02:25 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Wayne Huggins (n2fishin)

[Linked Image]

George Wayne Huggins was born on September 2, 1950 in San Francisco. Wayne spent the majority of his life living in Texas and married to his loving wife, Karan for 34 years before he was called home to the Lord on Friday, April 5, 2019 at the age of 68.

Wayne loved life and lived it his way. He enjoyed the retirement life which included his love of golf, fishing and riding his Harley. He enjoyed the friendship and love of his 69 classmates of L.D. Bell along with other close friends. Wayne loved to travel the world. Most favorite being Italy, Croatia and Capri. Wayne often told people that Alaska was indescribable and that God was showing off when He created it. He also loved to spend time with his family and took great care of his girls (dogs) Bella and Mya.
Wayne is preceded in death by his son, Christopher Wayne Huggins; both of his parents, Clifford and Margret Huggins; sisters, Lela Hammer and Theresa Wright.

Those left to cherish his memory and continue his legacy include his loving wife, Karan Wright Huggins; daughters, Karmen Stowe and her husband, Jason, Amy Herron-Smith; brother, Joe Huggins; sisters, Mary Silverstein and her husband, Dave, Leanne Young; brother-in-law, Paul Wright and his wife, Terri; grandchildren, Hailee Smith, Kade Smith, Peyton Stowe, Karson Stowe, Addison Stowe along with numerous other loving family and friends.

Re: In Memoriam [Re: TFF Staff 3] #13163394 05/22/19 11:18 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Charles Gordon Charlie Deich (grandpa75672)

[Linked Image]

Charles Gordon Charlie Deich died peacefully on Thursday, November 29, 2018 in Greenville, Texas at the age of 72.

A graveside service for Charles Deich will be held at 2:00p.m. Sunday, December 2, 2018 at Colonial Gardens Cemetery. Rev. Harold Coburn will be officiating the services. A visitation will be held from 6-8p.m. Saturday, December 1, 2018 at Downs Funeral Home.

Charlie was born on March 20, 1946 in Lakeport, California to Harold and Anna Deich. He graduated from North Central High School in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1964, and from East Texas Baptist College (now University) with a degree in Business Administration.

Charlie is survived by his daughters and sons-in-law, Marjorie and Michael Fyffe of Greenville, Texas and Jamie and Will Harris of Dripping Springs, Texas; his grandchildren, Logan Welcher and Allena Welcher of Greenville, Texas and Emily Harris and William Harris of Dripping Springs, Texas; and his former wife, Laurie Fyffe of Marshall, Texas. He is preceded in death by his father, Harold G. Deich; mother, Anna Marie Deich; and brother, Harold Bud Deich.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide