Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,443
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: J Barlow] #9030963 06/13/13 06:49 PM
C
christian myrick Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Man. Its like you dudes are going down the amazon river or something. Not saying I don't believe prep is good...it is but some of these posts sound like a battle field medic. For an afternoon of fishing at your local lake or river how much is needed. I understand remote trips and such but how much more than a first aid kit is really needed?

Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: C-Frog] #9035317 06/14/13 09:41 PM
1st Class Tackle Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: C-Frog
Originally Posted By: 1st Class Tackle
Eppie pin and hydrocodone for those doing remote trips can save a life.

Both of these require a prescription. How do you get around that?

Carefully is the honest anwser.

My fiance and kiddo are able to get both for themselves and if I need one I have access.

However I have friends that simply explain to their doctor their needs. If you ever have to use the eppie pin you will have one heck of a story so it isnt like your going to be back every few months getting a new one. Most doctors can justify this and will write a perscription but if your not putting yourself in the wilds or have a high allergy risk then dont be upset when your doctor refuses your request.

I agree whole heartedly I carry too much stuff and my 1st aid kit is no different. However Im working on loosing weight elsewhere before I ever concider removing anything out of my 1st aid box for me its about piece of mind.

Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: J Barlow] #9035444 06/14/13 10:26 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
I don't carry much emergency stuff until summertime. Once the sweat starts pouring I usually have a bottle of Bausch and Lomb eye wash. Have been near blinded twice when the sunscreen and deet ran into my eyes in the hot sun.

http://www.bausch.com/en/Our-Products/Eye-Wash/collyrium

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: 1st Class Tackle] #9036642 06/15/13 12:21 PM
Pop1655 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

My fiance and kiddo are able to get both for themselves and if I need one I have access.

However I have friends that simply explain to their doctor their needs. If you ever have to use the eppie pin you will have one heck of a story so it isnt like your going to be back every few months getting a new one. Most doctors can justify this and will write a perscription but if your not putting yourself in the wilds or have a high allergy risk then dont be upset when your doctor refuses your request.

I agree whole heartedly I carry too much stuff and my 1st aid kit is no different. However Im working on loosing weight elsewhere before I ever concider removing anything out of my 1st aid box for me its about piece of mind.

This is a good idea for yourself and also for a guest who may not realize they need one. Once you've been in the position and "seen the need" you won't leave home without one. Easy to get a script. Just explain and ask.

At the minimum, carry some liquid Benadryl.
It'll get you a long ways.

My addition to the suggestion box is Windex.
Regular, original. It's the ammonia you're looking for.

A liberal spraying of Windex on a bee, wasp or scorpion bite neutralizes the sting and the affects almost immediately.
It works GREAT!

Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: Pop1655] #9036705 06/15/13 12:50 PM
C
christian myrick Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Pop1655

This is a good idea for yourself and also for a guest who may not realize they need one. Once you've been in the position and "seen the need" you won't leave home without one. Easy to get a script. Just explain and ask.

At the minimum, carry some liquid Benadryl.
It'll get you a long ways.

My addition to the suggestion box is Windex.
Regular, original. It's the ammonia you're looking for.

A liberal spraying of Windex on a bee, wasp or scorpion bite neutralizes the sting and the affects almost immediately.
It works GREAT!

Wow! Windex?!?!?! Very intresting. Even if you don't carry in the yak its good info. Thanks.

Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: J Barlow] #9037176 06/15/13 04:43 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Very seldom do I bring one in the yak. Most of the time I'm by myself, so as long as I can keep myself from getting hurt too far away from the truck I'll be fine. However when I do, it consist of neosporin, band-aids, maybe some advil, alcohol pads, and burn ointment, probably a good bit Pendleton too.

I'd be willing to bet either getting super sunburned, or touching something too hot while cooking happens to someone on every overnight trip so burn ointment is a biggie.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Kayakers Emergency / First Aid Kit [Re: J Barlow] #9039322 06/16/13 04:45 PM
1st Class Tackle Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Finale bit in my first aid kit I must have pain relieving antiseptic cream. It makes little annoying scrapes go away in seconds and it stops the flesh eating bacteria which is my only real concern. The pain reliever is a nice bonus though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide