Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: YankHardReelFast] #8758486 03/27/13 06:13 PM
Traybird Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
So if y'all are saying everyone should give the leader his space and basically concede, then why not just end the tournament on Saturday? What's the purpose of Sunday?

The purpose is that hopefully other competitors have found their OWN fish and will go fish for them, not the leaders.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: SATopWater] #8758515 03/27/13 06:20 PM
W
Workfishngolf37 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
My buddy and I sometimes fish our own boat but sometimes meet up and he will follow me or ill follow him while we are on our trolling motors. The follower will stay back about 30 yards enough to fish and still be able to talk to each other. We are both able to catch fish. So how much space do ppl need to fish? This is starting to sound like NFL football pretty soon there's so many rules. We can simply computer animate who will win and save a lot of time.

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: scalebuster] #8758518 03/27/13 06:22 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
If I were in Alton's situation I would meet Rojas at the ramp on the next practice day and see if he wanted to run his mouth face to face.
If I was in Rojas's situation. We would have went to the bank to discuss it. [censored] him, he should not have took over his area. That is bs. He needs to find his own fish not somebody else's.

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: JeffLStevens] #8758546 03/27/13 06:30 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
Do you not see a difference in giving space and not fishing at all.....really? I'm done....some things you just can't fix
Go back and review the 2010 Bassmaster Classic. KVD had to run Takahiro Omiro out of the back of Beeswax creek on Lay Lake. Because Takahiro wanted to take over KVD's spot. Same deal... you don't take over one of the leader's area. That don't fly. That is what asswulpings were made for.... duel

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: SATopWater] #8758557 03/27/13 06:33 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
LOL...

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: Fast Lane] #8758576 03/27/13 06:36 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: Fast Lane
Do you not see a difference in giving space and not fishing at all.....really? I'm done....some things you just can't fix
Go back and review the 2010 Bassmaster Classic. KVD had to run Takahiro Omiro out of the back of Beeswax creek on Lay Lake. Because Takahiro wanted to take over KVD's spot. Same deal... you don't take over one of the leader's area. That don't fly. That is what asswulpings were made for.... duel

There's the difference! KVD had the balls to speak his mind and settle it right there. That's what grown men should do. Rojas wants to whine on tv about it.

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: Fast Lane] #8758611 03/27/13 06:45 PM
M
MikeSouza Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Fast Lane

What about the two anglers that were next to KVD on the final day of the classic of the Louisiana Delta during the classic. Should the other two anglers left because KVD was leading the last day, even though they gushed there all week?

[Linked Image]
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: SATopWater] #8758666 03/27/13 07:00 PM
Traybird Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
If you guys all went to eat at an "all you can buffet", would you be pissed off at a guy who came and ate off of your plate? Its the same food on the buffet, you all found it together, or would you expect him to respect your space and plate? It would piss me off! And would piss me off even more if he did that while talking about what a good Christian he is.

Last edited by Traybird; 03/27/13 07:02 PM.
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: SATopWater] #8758681 03/27/13 07:04 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: Traybird
I rode with Dean Rojas the first day of the tourney. The area he was fishing was a small stretch between two bridges mainly, kriet was past us beyond the second bridge. We stayed there ALL day. Alton might have come into bayou dinh, but he NEVER came up that far. But regardless Alton should have left that water to Dean since he had a chance to win. Its just respectful and he would want the same courtesy shown to him.

Originally Posted By: Chris@1750
I can verify this for sure. I rode with Alton jones on Thursday and we fished that spot on Thursday. He only needed three keepers at the time to fill his limit. Once he caught his three keepers to make his limit he left hoping to save those fish for the rest of the weekend. He also said he had seen Jeff Kreit practice in there. So the information about Jones moving in on Rojas is wrong to the fullest extent, Dean Rojas was not in that hole on Thursday.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: Traybird] #8758686 03/27/13 07:05 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
If you guys all went to eat at an "all you can buffet", would you be pissed off at a guy who came and ate off of your plate? Its the same food on the buffet, you all found it together, or would you expect him to respect your space and plate? It would piss me off! And would piss me off even more if he did that while talking about what a good Christian he is.

AJ wasn't grabbing out of DR's live well! LOL
The comparison you're trying to make is this --

If you we're in a town and found a restaurant with a good buffet, would you mind if others came and ate there, too. The town is full of restaurants but there's only a couple of good ones. Can't blame a guy for spending 2-3 days eating at the other restaurants then finally finding the one with the good buffet and eating there a couple of days in a row...no matter who is there.

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: fouzman] #8758699 03/27/13 07:09 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: fouzman
I rode with Dean Rojas the first day of the tourney. The area he was fishing was a small stretch between two bridges mainly, kriet was past us beyond the second bridge. We stayed there ALL day. Alton might have come into bayou dinh, but he NEVER came up that far. But regardless Alton should have left that water to Dean since he had a chance to win. Its just respectful and he would want the same courtesy shown to him.

I can verify this for sure. I rode with Alton jones on Thursday and we fished that spot on Thursday. He only needed three keepers at the time to fill his limit. Once he caught his three keepers to make his limit he left hoping to save those fish for the rest of the weekend. He also said he had seen Jeff Kreit practice in there. So the information about Jones moving in on Rojas is wrong to the fullest extent, Dean Rojas was not in that hole on Thursday.

From these two Marshals, sounds like Alton went into the bayou three fish short of a limit on day one. It also sounds like he never went all the way up to where Dean was, per Alton and Dean's Marshals. Therefore, Alton did NOT fish there on Thursday. The bayou yes, Dean's stretch, no.

Dean was leading after day one and as Alton expanded on the bayou, he saw Dean and the stretch Dean was fishing on Day 2. Alton should have never gotten on that one stretch.

This boils down to two TFF camps sounds like. Those who believe in sportsmanship and those who believe in winning at any cost. I guess the Golden Rule doesn't apply when tournament fishing, for some.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: txwhitetail] #8758705 03/27/13 07:11 PM
M
Mike_Soriano Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
Lots of armchair drama queens here biting on whatever the TV show told them.

Ha.

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: fouzman] #8758726 03/27/13 07:15 PM
P
Panhandle Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P

From these two Marshals, sounds like Alton went into the bayou three fish short of a limit on day one. It also sounds like he never went all the way up to where Dean was, per Alton and Dean's Marshals. Therefore, Alton did NOT fish there on Thursday. The bayou yes, Dean's stretch, no.

Dean was leading after day one and as Alton expanded on the bayou, he saw Dean and the stretch Dean was fishing on Day 2. Alton should have never gotten on that one stretch.

This boils down to two TFF camps sounds like. Those who believe in sportsmanship and those who believe in winning at any cost.

With all due respect, I think a lot of it is because Alton's Christian reputation. I know I have really been surprised by all of this Fouz. And as I said earlier, you know a lot of these guys. I don't. But it's still pretty hard to believe. For me any way.

Special Delivery Adoption Agency

"Lord let me be the person my dog thinks I am."
Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: SATopWater] #8758730 03/27/13 07:15 PM
L
LukeMcFarlane Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Fouz and Trey Bird are right. It sounds as if AJ was in part of the bayou late thursday. He should have stayed in his section of the bayou the rest of the tournament. If Rojas saw AJ was leading on his section would it have given Rojas the right to go fish by him?

Re: A. Jones and D. Rojas [Re: JeffLStevens] #8758748 03/27/13 07:21 PM
K
kcudd25 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Perfect

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide