Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,000
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: Clint Wr] #8747023 03/25/13 04:58 AM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Clint W.
I don't care if they fish from the bank, Elite series tournaments should not be postponed due to wind. (At that level, they should have enough common sense to fish and navigate safely, even in "wind").

So if they're fishing for enough money, their safety, the safety of the Marshals, the TV crews and any spectators crazy enough to go out with them doesn't matter? Where is the cash cutoff? Champs? Opens? How much money is someone's life and limb worth? I don't think you're thinking clearly. Would you have taken customers of yours from the public ramp to the dam on Falcon today??

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: BassinBilly] #8747052 03/25/13 05:29 AM
200Hawk21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
At that level , they have enough sense to know when it is not safe to be out on the water. Live to fish another day.

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: SoCal Tom] #8747089 03/25/13 06:36 AM
C
Clint Wr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
I don't care if they fish from the bank, Elite series tournaments should not be postponed due to wind. (At that level, they should have enough common sense to fish and navigate safely, even in "wind").

So if they're fishing for enough money, their safety, the safety of the Marshals, the TV crews and any spectators crazy enough to go out with them doesn't matter? Where is the cash cutoff? Champs? Opens? How much money is someone's life and limb worth? I don't think you're thinking clearly. Would you have taken customers of yours from the public ramp to the dam on Falcon today??

So the only place to fish between the county ramp and the dam, is the dam?? Just because the dam is too windy, they postpone, what about the rest of the lake. We deal with danger every time we are on the water... (Stumps, sand bars, ski boats, drunks, fog, night, list goes on and on). I am thinking clearly, I know Falcon too and there are areas to fish, even though it is windy. Maybe not the dam, but there are plenty of places. No doubt it can be miserable, but the Elites shouldn't be easy.
As far as what level should cancel due to wind, that's not up to me. But, you ask anyone that has fished the Mcdonalds tournament on Sam Rayburn every April and ask them if Bob Seally cancels due to wind.. Answer: Heck No. Big Sam is MUCH worst when windy than Falcon, those "Amatuers still fish".
Not to beat on this, but go back and review some of the Elites on the Great Lakes. Makes Falcon waves look like a bird bath and those were not cancelled.

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: BassinBilly] #8747102 03/25/13 07:00 AM
200Hawk21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Clint,
As long as everyone left fishing in this tournament decided it wasn't safe to fish and they wanted to wait another day until the conditions were better it was their call. Just because it may be possible to fish in 50 mph winds doesn't mean anyone wants to do it if they have an option.

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: 200Hawk21] #8747107 03/25/13 07:28 AM
C
Clint Wr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: 200Hawk21
Clint,
As long as everyone left fishing in this tournament decided it wasn't safe to fish and they wanted to wait another day until the conditions were better it was their call. Just because it may be possible to fish in 50 mph winds doesn't mean anyone wants to do it if they have an option.

Great point. If everyone was ok with fishing tomorrow, then hey, its all good.
Also, it is a stupid question to ask me if I would take clients to the dam from the county ramp in a 50 mph wind... Of course I would cause I am CRAZY!! smile j/k

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: Clint Wr] #8747109 03/25/13 07:33 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

So the only place to fish between the county ramp and the dam, is the dam?? Just because the dam is too windy, they postpone, what about the rest of the lake. We deal with danger every time we are on the water... (Stumps, sand bars, ski boats, drunks, fog, night, list goes on and on). I am thinking clearly, I know Falcon too and there are areas to fish, even though it is windy. Maybe not the dam, but there are plenty of places. No doubt it can be miserable, but the Elites shouldn't be easy.
As far as what level should cancel due to wind, that's not up to me. But, you ask anyone that has fished the Mcdonalds tournament on Sam Rayburn every April and ask them if Bob Seally cancels due to wind.. Answer: Heck No. Big Sam is MUCH worst when windy than Falcon, those "Amatuers still fish".
Not to beat on this, but go back and review some of the Elites on the Great Lakes. Makes Falcon waves look like a bird bath and those were not cancelled.

Are you under the influence, bitter or just plain delusional?

You may "know fishing and water" better than most, but I know bailing people's a**es out of jams for the past 20+ years better than most do. And I will say that any reasonable and responsible TD would hopefully do the same as BASS did on Sunday.

Your scope of thinking seems to come across to me as you think these guys are "cowboys" in the wild west, well brother they are just men and shouldn't be expected to go out and risk their lives knowingly during very high winds and unpredictable weather to catch a few fish and win some cash.

If and when someone got into trouble and needed "assistance" on the water ,then you have now endangered more lives by the risk rescue workers would be taking in trying to help out the people that shouldn't be out there in that type of weather.

Like I said earlier your message comes across as irrational, to say the least, to me....

#MFGA
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: Douglas J] #8747122 03/25/13 09:30 AM
C
Clint Wr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Are you under the influence, bitter or just plain delusional?

You may "know fishing and water" better than most, but I know bailing people's a**es out of jams for the past 20+ years better than most do. And I will say that any reasonable and responsible TD would hopefully do the same as BASS did on Sunday.

Your scope of thinking seems to come across to me as you think these guys are "cowboys" in the wild west, well brother they are just men and shouldn't be expected to go out and risk their lives knowingly during very high winds and unpredictable weather to catch a few fish and win some cash.

If and when someone got into trouble and needed "assistance" on the water ,then you have now endangered more lives by the risk rescue workers would be taking in trying to help out the people that shouldn't be out there in that type of weather.

Like I said earlier your message comes across as irrational, to say the least, to me....

Your right, wind can be dangerous, never said it wasn't. But, there are plenty of dangers with fishing, look at where Mike Iaconelli ended up at the Sabine. Trees and narrow passage ways are dangerous, but they still let them run 70mph through them. To me getting empaled by tree limbs at 70 mph is irrational.

Check out this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4GGTOCJaH8 about rough water.
Rough Water Link - Click Here

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: BassinBilly] #8747139 03/25/13 09:55 AM
F
Falconer Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I am coning to chime in . First of all Falcon is a very nasty lake with a hard north wind. I have clients that travel from far away and sometimes we get hit with this . I tell them what I can do and not do in this situation and give them the option if they want to go out. With this said , even with this nasty north wind, there are options that can be fished on this lake. I do think that BASS made the right decision,based on everything involved, Anglers, Media, etc. Yes they could have fished , but the coverage would have been very tough to do and alot of people that follow this would not have the opertunity to see it unfold, and no TV show to watch in a couple pf weeks. This tournament is a spectaters sport. Also this will give all 12 pro a chance, otherwise the ones fishing way south would not have a chance. It is going to be a dogfight out there today and that is the way it should go down.

www.FALCONLAKEGUIDE.COM
Falcon Lake Record Holder at 15.63 pounds
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: Falconer] #8747146 03/25/13 10:03 AM
C
Clint Wr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Falconer
I am coning to chime in . First of all Falcon is a very nasty lake with a hard north wind. I have clients that travel from far away and sometimes we get hit with this . I tell them what I can do and not do in this situation and give them the option if they want to go out. With this said , even with this nasty north wind, there are options that can be fished on this lake. I do think that BASS made the right decision,based on everything involved, Anglers, Media, etc. Yes they could have fished , but the coverage would have been very tough to do and alot of people that follow this would not have the opertunity to see it unfold, and no TV show to watch in a couple pf weeks. This tournament is a spectaters sport. Also this will give all 12 pro a chance, otherwise the ones fishing way south would not have a chance. It is going to be a dogfight out there today and that is the way it should go down.

Wise words, great points.

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: BassinBilly] #8747255 03/25/13 11:50 AM
C
Cloud Dancer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
That's correct.
Their ball, their rules.

Need to improve my LMB fishing, running out of time.
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: Clint Wr] #8747258 03/25/13 11:51 AM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R

So let us know...How many did you catch out there yesterday? Did they weigh 30lbs? What didyou catch them on?

Last edited by rbspots; 03/25/13 11:51 AM.
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: Clint Wr] #8747276 03/25/13 12:05 PM
S
ssj3goten Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
to me. But, you ask anyone that has fished the Mcdonalds tournament on Sam Rayburn every April and ask them if Bob Seally cancels due to wind.. Answer: Heck No. Big Sam is MUCH worst when windy than Falcon, those "Amatuers still fish".
Not to beat on this, but go back and review some of the Elites on the Great Lakes. Makes Falcon waves look like a bird bath and those were not cancelled. [/quote]

I fished one I think in 2008 and on the Saturday there were thunderstorms and one guy was struck on only lived because he had on his life jacket. The next day the north winds kicked up and waves were really big and several boats were swamped. Nuts for sure/ I fished from the bank the whle time and wateched the chaos.

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: ssj3goten] #8747595 03/25/13 02:01 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Fishing in those conditions would have been absurd, lives would have been at risk, including the folks trying to rescue the folks on the water that were spectating, filming or fishing.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: BassinBilly] #8751353 03/26/13 02:40 AM
K
Kens3313 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Does anyone know when it will be televised?

Re: Zapata wind is ready to take on the Elites today [Re: BassinBilly] #8751461 03/26/13 02:56 AM
H
hawg hunter nm Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Idk how everyone is down playing the waves at falcon.....I've been swamped there on the Mexico side right before sunset and its not pretty. Probably the worst conditions I've ever been in. Maybe there are other places with worse conditions but I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than fish falcon in 50mph winds.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide