Forums59
Topics1,039,696
Posts13,968,999
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: catslayer] #8710640 03/15/13 08:29 PM
K
kscatman76 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
[quote=catslayer]Scat man first off check the rules on image size in you sig, that thing is super annoying...

Sorry about that. I have it fixed now.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8711065 03/15/13 10:39 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I have fished Falcon for 30 years. I have fished Amistad for the same amount of time. I do not see alot of difference in either when the lake goes down so low. Except, Amistad will grow grass and the fish will come to it. Falcon will not have grass so there will only be a few catachable Bass up where they are suppose to be.
This is what I truly believe from my experience on both. When the lake do down the Big Bass leave. They were not shot over in Mexico or killed by the bloom coming down the river. They just simply leave for deep water and they perfer to get against the steepest walls they can find. Parks and Wildlife can't shock them up. So they only write the report due to what they did get up shallow.
The Elite Pros will have a few good stringers and almost all of them understand where the big schools of Bass are hidding but that don't mean they will bit. They will have to drop it in front of them when the Shad are coming down the wall in that time frame then they will bring in some big fish. The ones that do not hit it at the right time will suffer the rath.
I have seen them so thick on the depth finder at Amistad in 80 ft. of water that you could not believe what you were seeing. I have not done this on Falcon; but I believe if you talk to the right person who knows where those deep bluffs on the river channel are then you will see the screen light up.
I have fish for them at Amistad for weeks on end during low water periods, hot summer time and in Winter months. These are the times that they are not in the shallows. The bite is so hard to get and you can't understand how you could be dropping it in on thousands of 5 to 10 lb. Bass and not be getting a bite.
Then all of a sudden if you are at the right depth at the right time it is as simple as dropping a 1 oz. bullet on 12 lb. line rigged with a brush hog and just load the boat in a matter of a few minutes.
And yes, you will be looking at thousands of big Bass; and at the same time you will be making every excuse in the book why they are not biting, like those must be carp, crappie, whites, gar and most people just thinks it is clutter on the screen from dropping off from shallow to deep so fast. Some depth finders want even make the read correctly. If you are in 20 ft. of water and you know the wall is near, when you drop off to 100 ft. they will flash, flash and keep flashing until you jump back up to 20 ft. where the top of the ledge is. So those finders are worthless to see the fish and fish for them. Now you can come in from deep water (100 ft.) making good reads and as you approach the wall you will see all the fish stacked up. When the boat goes over the wall to the 20 ft. water it will start that flashing and will not stop. These are very expensive units that you would think could handle it; but they can't without making some manuel adjustments. A cheap depth finder is the best unit to have to fish the vertical walls with. They will lock on quickly and not flash as much, giving you a good clear image of the school and allow you to move in and out on the wall. If the wind is blowing forget it. You just can't hold against that wall in the wind off shore because that band of fish is narrow and right against the wall.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8711120 03/15/13 11:01 PM
E
El Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
Excellant write up Don(aka The Fishing Teacher)!!

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Donald Harper] #8711193 03/15/13 11:31 PM
S
salex Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Donald,

Wow! that is true in-site. Posts like that keep me reading the TFF.

Steve Alexander
salexander@privatewaterfishing.com
www.privatewaterfishing.com

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8711230 03/15/13 11:48 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I have seen Falcon come back 3 times in my fishing history. Everyone says the same thing every time, where have you Big Girls been?
Don't fool yourselfs; they did not die, they haven't all been caught in a net and the pressure did not hurt them at all. They are just laying down there and watching us run over the top of them, waiting for the lake to fill up.

I have not been lately because of the distance and lack of interest; but has anyone tried dropping a wag-tail worm streight down in any of the river trees? They will spawn in these deeper trees that set in 20 ft. of water. This has been very successfull on Lake Falcon when it is low. When the worm gets down about 7 to 10 ft. they will kill it. We pulled a 39 lb. stringer of the deep trees once before when the lake was low. These trees set out on the end of a point over on the Mex. side about a mile from the dam.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8712048 03/16/13 03:36 AM
B
bknightg Offline
Angler
Angler
B
He's right when the water comes up so will the bigguns...

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8712145 03/16/13 04:11 AM
F
fish hard for fun Offline
Angler
Angler
F
There are factors to pay attention to during fish sampling other than simply numbers. The condition of the fish may help answer questions as to what caused a decrease in abundance. It might be interesting to know what percentage of Bass that were shocked here had chunks missing out of them.

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Strait1277] #8712210 03/16/13 04:43 AM
10 lbs or bust Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Strait1277
Just got back from four days of fishing at falcon. All I can say is you better have a guide. A good one. We fished first 2 days and caught 4. Fished with guide next 2 days and caught 26.

Im currious......who was your guide? They did a fine job for sure, a little good publicity would help them out.

Martin (Jay) Greishaw 956-754-0626
Full time local Zapata Falcon Lake bass guide
http://highstakesbassin.com/
"Like" Highstakesbassin on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/highstakesbassin
Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8715514 03/17/13 03:32 PM
B
big fish2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Still no guide name??? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8715563 03/17/13 03:54 PM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
We caught fish shallow and descent sizes bit you had to throw right into the trees. One thing we noticed was when we fished a pile of rocks we would catch one fish off of it and no more. My BIL lost the biggest fish at the boat but it was caught in deep water. Again, after he caught it we fished that spot a while with no more bites. I am no expert but I do think there are still lots of big fish but they are deeper and spread out all over the place. I think from my one experience on this lake that the elitez will figure that out and will be running allover the lake.

Team Wolfs
Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8715608 03/17/13 04:10 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I haven't fished the lake since the 70's so what I'm saying is what I've read. I moved from San Antonio to the DFW area in 71 and only went back to Falcon a few times after that.

I have kept up on the lake a little bit and have always been amazed at how good the lake has been over the years. Its not Fork or Tbend or Rayburn that has the best catch rates over the years. Its been Falcon.

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: big fish2] #8716243 03/17/13 08:44 PM
B
Bkr10 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Gill nets were catching fish before falcon got hot. Sugar has more gill net that falcon ever thought about having and its one of the best BASS lake is the world to this day. One might think the nets have hurt but a lot of the experts do not think so. Some have said it helps a lake. As for me Im still not sure.

Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8716260 03/17/13 08:51 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

The way it's been hammered in the last two years, it might as well have been in the Metrocluster.

Pressure.
Let's find another one to pound on.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody read about the latest shocking report on falcon [Re: Barrett] #8716453 03/17/13 10:14 PM
E
Easy Fisherman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
HAD A FRIEND WHO CAME BACK LAST WEEK FROM FALCON AND IF HE HADN'T HAD HIS NET CUTTER KNIFE RIGGED UP HE WOULD STLL BE THERE - PCV PIPE WITH CARPET CUTTER TAPED IN SIDE OUT - CUT SEVERAL NETS ON THE TEXAS SIDE HIS MOTOR WAS TANGLED IN

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide