Forums59
Topics1,039,811
Posts13,970,657
Members144,220
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8601410 02/17/13 06:32 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
By the way Jerry, i had to look hard to find out how many jigs were in a package for the price...I suggest you refocus on the quantity/price instead of just the price...It appears like you are trying to sell ONE jig for $4.99 instead of FIVE...also, I see no options for bulk purchases 10, 20, 25, etc., OR for assortments...Hope this info helps...

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8601450 02/17/13 06:57 PM
J
Jerry T. Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Crapicat..... I see what you're saying (all counts).. thanks.

I don't know if I can easily change the strikethrough font but will change the package font/size/location as well as the Crappie Talk section...

Great feedback, will update when fixes are applied, perhaps you can look again, then?

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8601475 02/17/13 07:07 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
You bet...when you get it revised, advise me via a PM and I will be happy to offer any suggestions/assistance that I can...You get an ATTABOY from me for linking Mathhew, Lane, etc., on your website...tells me you are a good guy and you are trying to do the right thing for all the right reasons!!! Hard to find that mentality these days...

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8601539 02/17/13 07:36 PM
J
Jerry T. Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
@BRT, thanks for the compliment, best wishes for your Brazos River Cabin.

@texboxer appreciate the input, what phone do ya have (iphone or android, etc..). Easy to forget about checking on phones.

@Jigum.. thanks bud!

@Rojo... 'preciate the kind words. We're pretty lucky (as fishermen) to have such seasoned guys around who're willing to offer advice/help, etc. fish I'm sure there's a ton of good guys I've yet to meet but I've been fortunate enough to get to know Matthew, Robert, and Lane and really believe they deserve the endorsement.

@crapicat moved the TFF banner, surely it'll catch attention now... noidea Changed the package font/size/location.
I understand what you mean about the discussion scrollers and I'm still "on the fence" as to whether I should keep them - mixed feedback about 'em. I think, if they slow down the website I'll remove them (gonna test 'em).
As for the Facebook coupon, I worried about whether the coupon would get used. I think I'll leave it how it is and see if it gets used. If it doesn't I'll remove it. Again, I really appreciate the feedback. Feel free to give further advice about the changes. (About to tackle the strike-through font on sale items).

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8602400 02/18/13 12:57 AM
1tex Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Site looks great! I dont care for the share a cart feature.Although Im single there are some married guys that wouldnt really want their wives knowing they ordered more tackle lol.I would suggest you scrap that discount and add it to the Grand opening discount or Tff discount.The point is one discount for every one and not discriminate against those that dont do the social media sites.I would be glad to share your site on facebook without the discount.

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: 1tex] #8602715 02/18/13 02:12 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: 1tex
Site looks great! I dont care for the share a cart feature.Although Im single there are some married guys that wouldnt really want their wives knowing they ordered more tackle lol.I would suggest you scrap that discount and add it to the Grand opening discount or Tff discount.The point is one discount for every one and not discriminate against those that dont do the social media sites.I would be glad to share your site on facebook without the discount.

way to speak up 1Tex! soap

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8602833 02/18/13 02:33 AM
F
FishinASAP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Looks great! Do design for a living... only suggestion I have is maybe to shoot lighter color jigs (whites/yellows) on a darker background, and making sure images are color correct. Other than that, looks great! Very user friendly.

Work. Fish. Eat. Sleep.
Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603088 02/18/13 03:25 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Yes, Jerry I like the TFF location now, I noticed it right off!....after trying to think of options to address the (from 4.99) issue...you may want to just consider dropping that part all together. It doesn't appear to add any strength to the sale discount. Each of your jigs are $4.99 for a pack of 5, which is prominently displayed just to the left of your ON SALE section...therefore, when you list them under the ON SALE portion, you only NEED to list the sale price. If you want to add something to hi-light the sale/discount amount you could just list it in the sale heading ( ON SALE-SAVE 10%) or ($4.50 save 10%) or (10% off all on sale jigs)....These are just some musings/thoughts for your to consideration...

Your pictures are incredible..I like the way you got the individual hairs pulled out of the tail feathers. Also, the paint jobs on those heads have tremendous eye appeal. The more I looked at your pictures...I could just see myself catching fish on those jigs!

I have one final thought, you may want to consider consolidating your tax/shipping information to one page or separate area, instead of under each of the jig descriptions (assuming it is practical/economical to do so.)

Overall, you have a really nice website, easy to move around, good descriptions, your hard work shows. Godspeed and good luck!

thumb

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603178 02/18/13 03:44 AM
T
texboxer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I use Android.

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603266 02/18/13 04:04 AM
J
Jerry T. Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
@1tex - thanks for the feedback.

@FishinASAP.... thanks for the input. I am going to get a photo booth set up (sometime in the coming months)..but appreciate the advice, I know those types of things make a difference.

@Crapicat.... you pretty well just typed my thoughts on the sale feature. I've contacted a programmer as it's a built in function on Wordpress (the platform I use to build sites). One would think it's an easy fix.... not so easy when it's woven into my theme and sales platform. I usually am able to fix most anything.
Thanks for noticing the attention to detail. Soon I'll post group pictures to show consistency throughout my tying.
Hmmmmmmm @ the tax/shipping info. I think you're right. Would be streamlined with "CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING"... or moving it under it's own tab, I'm just afraid someone will go to checkout and be surprised by the tax/shipping. Wanted it to be highly visible?

@texboxer - thanks again.

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603373 02/18/13 04:32 AM
J
Jiggin Griff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Looking good man!

Griff
Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603438 02/18/13 04:57 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Hey Jerry, I understand your concern on surprising people with tax/shipping issue. They are sore subjects with a lot of folks these days. I am sure that you will surprise/aggravate some folks with these issues, regardless of how you present it to them...(eg., "I get mad every time I have to pay tax to a broken system "or "you mean shipping isn't included?) Unfortunately, despite your efforts to be forthcoming...you can't please all the people all the time! However, you can handle it correctly when someone actually complains. All Texas businesses have to collect tax on purchases from Texas buyers, and we are keeping shipping as low as possible (it costs money, materials, time) and it is cheaper than driving to the store! That's reality these days...

When I perused your website in earnest, the tax/shipping info disclosures under each description, really jumped out at me, which detracted from the strength of the pictures and accuracy of each jigs description. In reality, it takes the focus away from buying your fantastic jigs and puts it squarely on the cost of shipping/handling...After I saw those disclosures for the third time...I caught myself thinking I don't really need more jigs, I have enough already, but they sure look good....

Just my perspective from the outside looking in...you are the master of your universe.

azn

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603547 02/18/13 05:52 AM
C
CRAPPIEJIGN Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I have reviewed the site several times over the past couple of days. I wanted to refrain from making comments to see what transpired in the hours that followed.

1) Homepage. Top left corner. It reads HAND TIED JIGS and to the right is the graphic of the crappie. **I'd like to see your name or the name of the business above the words HAND TIED JIGS. I have no idea who I am dealing with as I navigate the website. I'm sure some people would like to have a telephone number below the HAND TIED JIGS so they do not have to search for your telephone number deeper into the site.

2) Homepage. Far right margin. I'd like to see the removal of Sale Jigs, Featured Jigs and Recently Viewed Jigs. **It bothers me for a few reasons #1-The images are much smaller it detracts from the flow of the page. #2-Speaking of flow. In our country we read from left to right and with the smaller fonts and images you're requiring me to read those from top to bottom. #3-It feels like too much repetition and could make for a cleaner and smoother flowing Homepage.

3) I would suggest that you direct viewers to click on the SHOP button to see the complete product line. Some average computer users may see your site and think the HOMEPAGE is your complete offering.

4) You might want to include information related to what model and size of hook is used in each of the weights offered. Some people make purchase decisions based on hook model and size. It could save you time in having to repeatedly having to answer that type of question.

Other than feedback already presented by others I will leave my comments at those few items for the time being.

Jeff

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603567 02/18/13 06:05 AM
G
gotreal formerly known as getreal Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
geez.holy [censored]. it looks great. it looks fine.

yup

if ye aint been skunked, ye aint been fishing! <<al einstene
IAMCOUNTRY
texas made lures. getcha some

Re: Website Launching Soon! (Need Help, Please) [Re: Jerry T.] #8603857 02/18/13 01:14 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Great site & SUPERB lookin products. I have to agree with Crappiejign on #3 I thought that was all the jigs offered.
I saved the site & now have a few more items on my "Wish List" - LOL
When do you expect to go live?????

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread