Forums59
Topics1,041,188
Posts13,995,206
Members144,250
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8141905 10/23/12 12:53 AM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Specially wearing a crisp, high-rider trucker's cap w/mesh back. Mann's was my brand of "pro-staff cap" back then. Freddie Grant wore it better than anyone.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8141914 10/23/12 12:56 AM
S
Steve187 (A.K.A. GETFISHED ) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I understand the idea but seriously? A 96" megatron and a stripper pole on the back deck for all the guys that rear end the co angler.

How about a lifesize rubber replica of your personal best to wear around your neck on a tungsten chain ?

SERIOUSLY ?

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: fouzman] #8141921 10/23/12 12:57 AM
B
BASSNat56 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Bass, my best advice would be drink a couple 20's of water, a 12 of real fruit juice, a BC Powder and you'll come back strong! That's me that just put u over 42% btw dance2

Fouz- you are a good man

but in all honesty- guys- I dabble in jewelry and coins- as well as a few other things that is a part of my 'hobby'. My profession many would hate me- but those in construction know- I will do what it takes to keep you alive.

So the poll is what would you like to see that would last 10-20 years down the road that you can display when you are out on the water/at an event?

I like the decal idea that can be sewn on- the one on the boat will fade in time. I'm a Life member of a few fishing groups ie- B.A.S.S., NAFC, etc... so given that I am hoping to assist and promote our passion- not just LMB's- but other areas as well- I may be in Texas, and I gave up drinkin for my wife (deceased btw)- but I really enjoy showing off a few items when I'm out n about - peeps are always curious..

Yep- I have a made the '8' buckle and it sits proudly in a nice piece of cloth getting naturally toned due to its Silver content....

I really hate my fat fingers...

Last edited by BASSNat56; 10/23/12 12:58 AM.
Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8141924 10/23/12 12:57 AM
B
Brandon Dillard Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Just get on the forum and brag about it every 5 minutes. Really get em stirred up. Lmao

Who still wears satin??????

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8141941 10/23/12 01:01 AM
K
KnotEnuff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
I'm thinking this is a little late for Aprils Fool.

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8141942 10/23/12 01:01 AM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Dark dusty corner of my garage somewhere in a box under the airbrush paint rack and the 12 unused 3700 boxes I think is where they are at.
Don't get me wrong I am always happy to get one but outside of myself I ain't worried about anyone seeing them or what they may think of me as an angler. I fish tournaments for me and as long as I am happy the rest is all gravy.
I guarantee you I would NEVER wear a belt buckle or a ring that pertained to fishing. I also would never put my stats on the side of a boat. Just seems awfully cheesy to me. Then again I never got the whole name on your boat and engine fad either nor do I care to fish in jerseys for local tournaments, night tournaments or when fun fishing. That being said I am all for whatever makes someone else happy.

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8141971 10/23/12 01:06 AM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Dayyuumm Bass, after reading your last reply I feel like a bit of a douche. Fortunately, I still don't sound in as bad a way as you, so I'll get over it. May you be blessed with more comfort each day.

Precious metals is your answer. What better way is there to memorialize a special person? Jewelry.

A master engraver can turn an ingot into a ring, pendant or necklace of only one kind.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: Mark Perry] #8142036 10/23/12 01:16 AM
B
BASSNat56 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Dark dusty corner of my garage somewhere in a box under the airbrush paint rack and the 12 unused 3700 boxes I think is where they are at.
Don't get me wrong I am always happy to get one but outside of myself I ain't worried about anyone seeing them or what they may think of me as an angler. I fish tournaments for me and as long as I am happy the rest is all gravy.
I guarantee you I would NEVER wear a belt buckle or a ring that pertained to fishing. I also would never put my stats on the side of a boat. Just seems awfully cheesy to me. Then again I never got the whole name on your boat and engine fad either nor do I care to fish in jerseys for local tournaments, night tournaments or when fun fishing. That being said I am all for whatever makes someone else happy.

So in life Mark, nobody has ever asked you what you may have done as an accomplishment in your life other than being alive. Nothing to be proud of? c'mon- you must have one thing in life that has given you the drive to be who you are for what you have done.

I don't do accolades- like many folks in life seem to want- in perspective I look at movie stars that strive to get a 'Oscar' for acting- personally that is a field in life they chose to do to make a living- I want to ask- did it save a life, or help a child be a better person or did you do something special for mankind? A sports pro- kids look up to and say I want to be like ... one day, or man I want to be a cop/fireman/jet pilot when I grow up, add nurse, doctor someone who does give back- take lawyers and salesman out of this equation- they will suck your blood if they get a chance.

I would wear a belt buckle that shows i did something fun and had a good time doing it- and let those who ask know that I did not kill to get what I have- but to help our sport to grow by showing what can be done even when you have odds stacked against you. Fish do not invite themselves to the hook, nor do deer stand still in a field without a bit of 'help' from a toot of a call..we invoke to get our prize- but with fishing- many of us will return what we catch to live another day.

Bears are on a drive- I shall quit while I'm ahead

and when I advertise my thing- consider where I am going with it..

Enjoy life

it can be very short..

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8142080 10/23/12 01:23 AM
B
B_Thomas Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I am not what I would call a notable angler, YET. But I think word of mouth will portray the person and angler you are. If you are a good angler, people will notice when you put you boat in at the tournament. And if you are a good person as well as a good angler people will be talking about you off the water as well. Thats all I need and strive for. My name being associated with me as a good person far out weighs what people think of my fishing abilities. Just my two cents.

Wish All Fair Weather And Tight Lines!
Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8142088 10/23/12 01:23 AM
ShawnT Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Are you serious with the belt buckle? Is that a joke?

THURSDAY NIGHTERS
TIME: 6:30pm - 10:00pm
www.thursdaynighters.com
Find us on FaceBook
Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8142109 10/23/12 01:26 AM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I could see Dillard sporting a "LEW" grill.

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8142131 10/23/12 01:29 AM
T Gutierrez Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
When people recognize you without anything is when u have made it in this sport. When competitors fear your name is when you have made it.
That's the best accolade that can be given to a bass competitor. It's not a plaque or badge but a earned name.
Terry Oldham comes to mind. I have never met him but been in the same area as him several times and never knew it. I know his name and have wished my fish worthiness was in the same ballpark as him.

No tournament jersey,ring or plaque will ever equate to that..

[Linked Image]11.01

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: T Gutierrez] #8142143 10/23/12 01:31 AM
Brandon Dickenson Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Tgutie
When people recognize you without anything is when u have made it in this sport. When competitors fear your name is when you have made it.
That's the best accolade that can be given to a bass competitor. It's not a plaque or badge but a earned name.
Terry Oldham comes to mind. I have never met him but been in the same area as him several times and never knew it. I know his name and have wished my fish worthiness was in the same ballpark as him.

No tournament jersey,ring or plaque will ever equate to that..

Texas is FULL of those kind of names...

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)] #8142150 10/23/12 01:32 AM
B
Brandon Dillard Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)
I could see Dillard sporting a LEW grill

Like Mike Jones. Although I can't afford the diamonds. I will have to use foil. Lol

Re: You just won a MAJOR tournament how do you display this over time? [Re: BASSNat56] #8142154 10/23/12 01:32 AM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: BASSNat56
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

So in life Mark, nobody has ever asked you what you may have done as an accomplishment in your life other than being alive. Nothing to be proud of? c'mon- you must have one thing in life that has given you the drive to be who you are for what you have done.

I don't do accolades- like many folks in life seem to want- in perspective I look at movie stars that strive to get a 'Oscar' for acting- personally that is a field in life they chose to do to make a living- I want to ask- did it save a life, or help a child be a better person or did you do something special for mankind? A sports pro- kids look up to and say I want to be like ... one day, or man I want to be a cop/fireman/jet pilot when I grow up, add nurse, doctor someone who does give back- take lawyers and salesman out of this equation- they will suck your blood if they get a chance.

I would wear a belt buckle that shows i did something fun and had a good time doing it- and let those who ask know that I did not kill to get what I have- but to help our sport to grow by showing what can be done even when you have odds stacked against you. Fish do not invite themselves to the hook, nor do deer stand still in a field without a bit of 'help' from a toot of a call..we invoke to get our prize- but with fishing- many of us will return what we catch to live another day.

Bears are on a drive- I shall quit while I'm ahead

and when I advertise my thing- consider where I am going with it..

Enjoy life

it can be very short..

What I posted is my honest opinions. I have an occupation that allows me to be part of some life changing moments on a regular basis and I assure you away from that job you will never find me wearing/displaying anything that reflects that. its not a matter of not being proud its just more of what someone said earlier. When you are successful or good at anything you never have to tell people. They usually just know.
I have had some fun moments in fishing and got lucky a few times but I am nowhere near good but I hang around a lot of guys that are among the best we have in this state and none really wear their resume on their sleeves. Most are among the quietest, most unassuming guys you will meet. Before that I used to care a little more what others thought of me in regards to fishing but I also am smart enough to place myself around more successful people and then sit back and observe their habits and their approach and try to improve myself by taking some of that and applying it to my own fishing. I think humility and inner confidence go a long way.
That being said I am in no way trying to rain on your parade. You do things how its best for you but since you asked for opinions from the public I shared mine. It might not be right or wrong but its mine and I will stand by it.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide