I had today off, so I headed out to the small state park lake I fish in the southeastern part Pennsylvania (I used to live in TX, I now live near Philadelphia). The bite really was slow for the first three hours, but I made a move, and caught two small ones pretty quickly off a point on a drop shot. I figured there were some more fish in the area, so I started cranking the top of the point with a Bluegill pattern DT6 I've had for at least five years. On about my tenth cast, a big fish smokes it, and starts dragging my kayak all over the area. I've caught five pounders in this lake and I've seen six pounders, so I was pretty excited. Then it jumps! I fogot to mention that I've also hooked into some pretty solid pike in this lake while fishing for largemouth. The pike was about thirty five inches and it was pissed about the mouthful of DT6 and KVD trebles that it had mistaken for a bluegill. For obvious reasons, I don't like bringing pike in the kayak, so I worked it toward shore, grabbed my work glove (which I have in the kayak for this reason) and pliers, and saved my trusty old crankbait. I was also able to release the beautiful pike back into the lake so that he can be caught again by the many pike anglers that frequent this lake.

All of this was done with ten pound test P Line CXX Extra Strong! Once the fish was released, I conducted an inspection of my lure and line to see if I needed to retie. The line was still in perfect shape, despite the ten minute battle with the nasty sharp teeth of that pike. I wasn't going to retie, but the I noticed that my DT6 was cracked down the middle and the top and bottom had almost seperated! The P Line survived but the crankbait did not!

If you haven't tried a spool of P Line CXX Extra Strong for crankbaits or jerkbaits, you need should. It's cheap, strong, and very durable.