Page 37 of 144 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 143 144
Re: Humminbird 788 ci HD Di [Re: Grady Glass] #7755568 07/13/12 02:56 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Grady Glass
I just bought this unit(788ci HD Di) and the second time out, when I would turn the boat motor off the unit would lock-up are start flickering when I re-started the boat motor. I would have to take the unit off of the mount to get it to work again..Any ideas?

Sounds like low current to the unit. I would makes sure power supply is to the battery and if you extend use 14-16 Gauge Wire with soldered connections and blade style fuse.

Sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Dobyns Rods, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, Omega Custom Tackle, Browning Eyewear, Elite Tungsten Co., Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson.

Re: Humminbird 788 ci HD Di [Re: jsplinter] #7755569 07/13/12 02:56 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
NEW from ICAST 2012

Humminbird 598ci HD SI - MSRP $899

http://youtu.be/k-FQLpNQxH8

Humminbird 800 & 900 Series NEW HD and LED Backlight Screen

http://youtu.be/a_L3jTLecaM

Humminbird 360 Imaging (Best of Show Winner) with KVD

http://youtu.be/i6U6xGge-7M

LakeMaster Features

http://youtu.be/QDA8TE9pMnk

MinnKota iPilot Link

http://youtu.be/TD1iGJCRejE

MinnKota Precision Chargers

http://youtu.be/3zgfp8GlC7A

Sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Dobyns Rods, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, Omega Custom Tackle, Browning Eyewear, Elite Tungsten Co., Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson.

Re: Humminbird [Re: jsplinter] #7759949 07/14/12 01:51 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I am thinking about jumping into the new world of depth finders. I have been a Lowrance man for many years but I do have an open mind about the different brands. My questions is " How is HB's customer service? How long will HB support my units?". I am not interested in spending $2000-3000 only to find out that 3,4,5 years or so down the road there is no support for the units (excuse-- no parts available). Anyone willing to answer?

Re: Humminbird [Re: jsplinter] #7760469 07/14/12 05:28 PM
J
Junk Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
i have a 858 up front and a 1197 at console. They are interlinked....or at least they were at one point. I cant get the 858 to get GPS anymore and also its not showing that the interlink is connected. I checked the plugs on the interlink and they seem fine. Any idea where to start looking for the problem????? I just updated the software to see if that helped any, but nothing. Advice please!!

Visit our webpage: www.fatsackfishing.com
Re: Humminbird [Re: jsplinter] #7760500 07/14/12 05:43 PM
P
Procowboy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
I have a HB 798 HD SI unit. When i switch to the side imaging mode, I am only getting the left side picture. I have had the head unit checked and it showed ti be fine. Mark at BPS at Grapevine said to switch from left to right on the screen and listen for clicking sounds from transducer. I hear clicks from both sides when I switch from left to right. Anyone else have this problem? My unit is not even a year old. This just started and my transducer hasnt moved. Help!

Re: Humminbird [Re: DLALLDER] #7760654 07/14/12 06:43 PM
W
Wayne P. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: DLALLDER
I am thinking about jumping into the new world of depth finders. I have been a Lowrance man for many years but I do have an open mind about the different brands. My questions is " How is HB's customer service? How long will HB support my units?". I am not interested in spending $2000-3000 only to find out that 3,4,5 years or so down the road there is no support for the units (excuse-- no parts available). Anyone willing to answer?

Humminbird will support their units as long as the circuitry and memory can handle the software updates and new features being added.
The first SI unit was marketed in 2004, in January 2010 when Down Imaging was introduced, those units got software to add Down Imaging also. As far as hardware fixes are concerned they will repair a unit as long as compatable parts are available.
They actually repair the units at the place of mfg and return your unit to you.
You can figure out what other companies do.

The electronics industry is always improving their products, at some point the old stuff will not be serviceable no matter what the product or brand is.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N,
Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL
Re: Humminbird [Re: jsplinter] #7775236 07/18/12 03:13 PM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
The Best Video I've seen done on Humminbird 360 Imaging...goes in deep on details of the system and opertion.

http://youtu.be/an5XH7YNzvg

Re: Humminbird SONAR, How to Enter Coordinates [Re: jsplinter] #7794599 07/23/12 01:18 PM
K
KayakMichael Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I am about to pull the plug on a new Sonar/DI unit with chart plotter. Unit is an 858c DI. Do you guys have a recommendation on a decent Navionics or lake master chip for fishing the Texas coast (within 30 miles offshore) and north Texas lakes?

Re: Humminbird [Re: DLALLDER] #7797479 07/24/12 02:04 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: DLALLDER

Humminbird is still support the Units when I made the Switch to Humminbird in 2004. The first Side Imaging Models 981c and 987c are still receiving Software Feature Updates plu Humminbird repairs their units in-house in Eufuala Alabama same place the units are manufactured. So Service, Support and Manufacturing in the same place. As far as service from those that I have heard having to use them the unit is normally in shipping longer than it takes to repair.

Re: Humminbird [Re: Junk] #7797486 07/24/12 02:06 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Junk
i have a 858 up front and a 1197 at console. They are interlinked....or at least they were at one point. I cant get the 858 to get GPS anymore and also its not showing that the interlink is connected. I checked the plugs on the interlink and they seem fine. Any idea where to start looking for the problem????? I just updated the software to see if that helped any, but nothing. Advice please!!

Have you reset the INterLInk

Re: Humminbird [Re: KayakMichael] #7797494 07/24/12 02:10 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: KayakMichael
I am about to pull the plug on a new Sonar/DI unit with chart plotter. Unit is an 858c DI. Do you guys have a recommendation on a decent Navionics or lake master chip for fishing the Texas coast (within 30 miles offshore) and north Texas lakes?

I love Lake Master and they have Coverage Offshore included on the Texas/Oklahoma Chart http://www.lakemap.com/gulfcoverage.aspx

Love the Exclusive features and the details. Bar none best in the industry.

Re: Humminbird [Re: Doug Vahrenberg] #7797513 07/24/12 02:14 AM
K
KayakMichael Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted By: Doug Vahrenberg
Originally Posted By: KayakMichael

I love Lake Master and they have Coverage Offshore included on the Texas/Oklahoma Chart http://www.lakemap.com/gulfcoverage.aspx

Love the Exclusive features and the details. Bar none best in the industry.

Ordered one this morning. Thinking that I am going to enjoy those exclusive features as well, since they will be very helpful in the waters I fish where there are sudden shallows that I can highlight. Have to say, watching your video on their website really helped to persuade my decision. Thanks for the product review and for the helpful information.

Re: Humminbird SONAR [Re: jsplinter] #7799217 07/24/12 05:23 PM
F
FlippinMad Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I have a 500 series HDDI and I cannot seem to get the detail I expected from the DI. When I go over a brush pile, I am seeing more of a blob than a detailed image of the brush(image that shows individual limbs etc). Can anyone recommend some settings for me to start with(sensitivity, noise filter, surface clutter) and i can try to fine tune from there. Is it possible that I have the sensitivity too high?? Usually run it at 18 and have my surface clutter and noise at a minimum.

I watched some of Dougs video's and wrote down a few notes. One problem is that I believe I have always had my chart speed too fast. I will be slowing it down to match my speed when idling.

Something else mentioned that it was best to set DI on 800khz for shallow water and 455khz for deep water. My question is, what is considered "deep"? I fish freshwater lakes exclusively and rarely fish deeper than 35'-40'.

Re: Humminbird SONAR [Re: jsplinter] #7801585 07/25/12 03:06 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
On the DI Only Models the coverage area is not adjustable but you can change frequency to change coverage area. 455kHz or 800kHz. 455 KHz will be the widest. Sensitivity sounds way to high. Adjust it down to get on the data you need. Cranked up to 18 would over power the readings and make a blob. I'd run more in the 8-12 Range...you can stop the screen and adjust this to get the best level to see more details. Also match scroll speed to boat speed to begin with.

Re: Humminbird SONAR [Re: jsplinter] #7802496 07/25/12 02:41 PM
F
FlippinMad Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Thanks Doug.

Should I primarily be using one over the other for more detail? Or does that depend on depth. I rarely fish more than 30'-35'.

Also, once I get my graph set up the way I like it, will those settings also apply to when I'm running in split screen mode, or will I have to play with the settings in split screen as well.

Example: If I have my 2D set up on 12 sensitivity and my DI on 9 sensitivity,, while on split screen, will those settings apply? Or on split screen, is the sensitivity the same for both?

Page 37 of 144 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 143 144
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide