Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! #7656797 06/17/12 02:01 PM
Lakeguide Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
I'll tell ya what, the past year has been one of the weirdest weather years I've ever tried to figure out. Winter went great, but we didn't really have a Winter. Spring patterns started early, I think we saw big fish school this year in February. Then the water warmed up and we got some great rain that we needed and put the warming trend in a holding pattern. I've been expecting the Summer patterns to kick in for weeks now, but they are just getting started. hammer Heck if I know rolfmao Lets just say, there has been no predicting what is about to happen lately.....BUT.....I'm going to try anyway grin I have finally seen the gizzard shad on their spawning grounds, and brother when that happens, them big 'ol hybrid are right in there after them! Started out yesterday morning on Wolf where there has been some pretty good action early all week and no boats to speak of, but it quickly turned into a parking lot. Fish blew up for 10 seconds and then poof...vanished. Started to try another spot, but 3 boats fired up and were following in my boat wake, so I did donuts out by the timber until they figured out what I was doing mad Anyways, back to the story....Got the phone call from Jimmy and Joe that the bigguns are blowing up in another spot, so I run over there with my pants on fire, but missed it again. It only lasted a couple minutes and I was about 2 minutes too late.... But when i stopped, I looked through my binoculars at a spot I've been watching for weeks - it looked like a minefield. Zoomed over and it was nothing but hybrid woot Gizzard shad were flying out of the water and landing in what looked like giant toilet bowl flushes everywhere. We had a three man limit in the boat in about ten minutes, then chunked 'em back for nearly an hour. Unreal. I think the only think that put an end to it was a bass boat and a pontoon that came in. Fish just wont stay up in 3 feet of water with outboards running. Anyways.... stick to sassy shad and 1/2 to 3/4oz jigheads from Moe's and might even be time to stock up on 5" sassies grin

Fish are also starting to stack up off the humps and on days they dont school, I've been putting limits in the boat dragging bait bolt Thats been kinda fun, but dang it is a mess....rolfmao What the heck is in a shad scale?? Superglue? Holy carp....I've been trying to scrape scales off my gear for a week. rolfmao

The sand bass fishing has been up and down. It's pretty good at times during the day, but I am hitting a dead spot mid morning. Seems like you can catch them schooling early, or ya just have to wait till about noon before they really load up on the drop offs. Most days they can be found in huge piles after noon on humps and points in about 16-20 feet. Just cover the water and eventually when you find the right one it will be covered. I've really started to like the new Pikwi slab from www.moestackleshop.com . Glad to see a new batch arrive thumb But just about any green slab works on Tawakoni, its just a matter of finding the right spot to sink one smile

So good news - I think is is fixing to be red hot on Tawokoni guys! I do have lots of openings in July, even some weekends. Gimme a call and lets put a hurt on those mama hybrid! The striper will be soon to follow. I can't wait to see what July brings woot

Now for a little complaining.... Guys, when you come out to the lake, try to find fish and not boats. It has been pretty bad here lately, and some other guides have made complaints as well. A lot of guys see reports on the internet and come out just looking for guides. Not everyone, but some do for sure. When fish are schooling on Wolf and Sun, everybody knows it and thats where everyone starts, but when a guy has found a little out of the way secret and four boats follow him and sit next to him at daylight, it is obvious. What really hurts is when that happens, sometimes you are out deep so as not to disturb the spot, and some guy get tired of watching you and idles all across a hump or flat and blows the spot before it happens. Thieves steal things. Services can be stolen too. Whatever makes you feel right. I sometimes catch a little flak for reporting, nothing too bad, but it does make me reluctant to give reports when other guys are being impacted by it.

Like I said, not everyone is doing it. There are only so many points and humps to fish and no one minds sharing them. It is public water and I don't own any of it. I am only talking about guys that follow to every spot or sit and watch you with binoculars. I see that all the time too. Sorry for the complaints, but others are getting it bad as well so I figured I might as well put it out there.

www.tawakonifishingguide.com (214)415-0166
YOUTH STATE RECORD STRIPER 16.51# caught with us!

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7656992 06/17/12 03:19 PM
fastguy� Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
We'll be driving past there Monday.......

It ain't easy making it look easy.

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657044 06/17/12 03:41 PM
B
Bluwave Mike Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Great points Matt. I watched a team of boats fallow Jimmy to a spot where I was going so I didnt go there. Well with in 20 min Jimmy came past me with all the boats fallowing him. The Honey Baggers are out in full force.

I want to bring up the guy in the blue CC with a T-top. why do you drive from area to area at FULL speed just looking for birds? hmmm bang You have a NICE boat and I will glad to show you how to find fish with out birds any time. Just PM me. The best advice I can give anyone is use YOUR electronics to find fish. Some of the guys are just bird watchers. So stay tuned for my Video where we go feed birds crackers its going to great thumb

Last edited by Bluwave Mike; 06/17/12 03:42 PM.
Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657073 06/17/12 03:52 PM
W
worm on a hook Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
I'm going to the Mrs. Baird thift store this week. They sale a garbage bag full of old bread for the birds for $5. Will bait up the birds hood with that.

Sorry to hear that. Bunch of pot lockers.

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657136 06/17/12 04:23 PM
H
Hydra Sport Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
wow good report thanks clete

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657438 06/17/12 05:52 PM
T
tawakpotlicker Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
So you make a post titled HYBRID MAYHEM! and you then you complain that us potlickers follow you around?

Its kinda simple. Cause and effect. Even a simple country boy like me knows that.

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657463 06/17/12 05:59 PM
E
etu Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
As always I appreciate the reports Matt.

Ed
Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657526 06/17/12 06:23 PM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
PM sent

Originally Posted by Derek
I do enjoy a good Squirt now and then.
Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657533 06/17/12 06:24 PM
W
Whites-chaser Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Its called respect for another mans way to earn a living but I am sure a simple country boy like you already knows that

Formerly joepoolwhites
Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: tawakpotlicker] #7657590 06/17/12 06:40 PM
Lakeguide Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: tawakpotlicker
So you make a post titled HYBRID MAYHEM! and you then you complain that us potlickers follow you around?

Its kinda simple. Cause and effect. Even a simple country boy like me knows that.

No I am complaining about thieves. Simple country boys like me know what theft is, even when it is a service they are stealing. I gotta advertise, but that's not an invitation to bring your boat for a free trip. And like I said, not everyone does it, but there are some who make a game plan of it. So if you are a thief, I guess you should take offense.

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657598 06/17/12 06:42 PM
Lakeguide Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Nice first post btw. Anonymity must be nice.

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657729 06/17/12 07:21 PM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Really???? Tawakpotlick, I hope you are joking if so it is funny if not that is pretty sad.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: tawakpotlicker] #7657772 06/17/12 07:37 PM
Paul Rogers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: tawakpotlicker

Wow. That's amazingly not cool.

Paul Rogers
www.RealtorRogers.com
Realtor @ City Real Estate, Ellis County
214-668-8467
Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657972 06/17/12 08:38 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: *Lakeguide*
Nice first post btw. Anonymity must be nice.
Sorry Matt! That was me playing Father's Day joke on ya........NOT!

But you may want to change your title to Potlick Mayhem?? You'll get more hits?

Re: Tawakoni Guide Report - Hybrid Mayhem ! [Re: Lakeguide] #7657988 06/17/12 08:44 PM
R
Richard Meadors Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Great trip - thanks Matt.

We did have quite a few shadows, but didn't stop us from limiting out grin

Beautiful day, good conversation and catching fish - can't beat that. Looking forward to the next trip.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former-Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide