Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: KidKrappie] #7357226 03/31/12 01:52 AM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
I hear you young man, and I appreciate your ethics as well as your maturity. Now I have asked you to come fish with me, and the invite is still open. I have a "crappie Guru" coming down from Oklahoma Sunday, and we're gonna' fish thru Wednesday. You're welcome Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday--you know where it is, and we'll be there at daylight every day. I can't fish from Thursday thru the following Monday. Let me know---come on out!

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7357914 03/31/12 05:47 AM
C
Coach Hark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
C
I just want to fish, I'm not bothering boats, eating out on the slips, stealing anything just dropping my jig and fishing. I spend about 30 bucks at Big Daddy's every time I go, put crappie condos in the water, nice to everyone I encounter and just want to fish. The prick that tries to put us in trouble never fishes his slip. That's my problem. He's turning us in for the same thing he's doing. Do I have to carry a portfolio of slips I'm allowed to fish in? Damned Obama!!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Rob Lay] #7358072 03/31/12 11:36 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
I grew up fishing slips, have done it 30 years now. what seems most logical and acceptable by most...

1) if slip renter is present he has exclusive to his slip.

2) you can fish any slip renter isn't present.

3) only renters and guests can fish slips on docks.

4) boats can fish slip if not tying up, renter isn't present, they don't tear anything up like pulling piles.
This is how we did it at Lewisville and Texoma. Sounds like there is a one problem out there and it's not the people catching the fish, it's the one not catching anything. There is always one though in every crowd.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358576 03/31/12 03:48 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Rules are rules, if Marina and the slip owners came up with rules then everyone should abide. These "slip townhouses" I have seen in Texas are a little different than the plain jane slips I grew up with boat only and a few Christmas trees. I love some of these built in bars, disco balls, and striper poles. laugh

Last edited by Rob Lay; 03/31/12 03:50 PM.
Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Bobcat1] #7358591 03/31/12 03:55 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Bobby, I'm sure not trying to be argumentative or smart--just trying to list the rules at our marina, which were established for the convenience and safety of the slip leasees. The marina does not rent out slips for just crappie fishing--only to boat owners.The slip leassee has exclusive access to his slip, unless he has given written permission for another party to use it--thus no one can just walk up and down the walkways and fish every slip at any time. I think that addresses your points.Please see my above post for the reasons for their rules. Sure the rules are tough for people who, even though nice, honest and courteous, do not have a slip lease that includes a boat. All I can ask is that you appreciate and understand them, even though you might not like them, or agree with them. Thanks for your understanding and courteous remarks.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358621 03/31/12 04:08 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Coach Hark: I'm sorry, but because of the rules at our marina, you can't fish like you want to. It used to be that way, but because of everything that's been said above, it isn't that way anymore at our marina. I'm sure, if you had a boat there and a nicely arranged slip, you would also appreciate the rules. We do have lots of people fishing our slips, but they all are slip lessees, or have written permission, or or a guest with the slip owner who is there fishing with them. Lots of time and money was spent to have conditions like we have, but it wasn't done for the convenience of the public---nor did we involve Obama in our situation. That was funny! Thanks!

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358623 03/31/12 04:09 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Rob--thanks for your comment.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Greatwhitefather] #7358701 03/31/12 04:55 PM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Greatwhitefather
Bobby, I'm sure not trying to be argumentative or smart--just trying to list the rules at our marina, which were established for the convenience and safety of the slip leasees. The marina does not rent out slips for just crappie fishing--only to boat owners.The slip leassee has exclusive access to his slip, unless he has given written permission for another party to use it--thus no one can just walk up and down the walkways and fish every slip at any time. I think that addresses your points.Please see my above post for the reasons for their rules. Sure the rules are tough for people who, even though nice, honest and courteous, do not have a slip lease that includes a boat. All I can ask is that you appreciate and understand them, even though you might not like them, or agree with them. Thanks for your understanding and courteous remarks.
I think you misunderstood me. I can appreciate the rules GWF. In completely understand why they are in effect especially around the Metro-mess. At 121 in Lewisville there were a few that did not want you fishing theirs. If we came up on one of those "slip condos" we wouldn't even think about fishing it. Most of the fishermen would fish each others and watch out for each others stuff. Then stuff started coming up missing and signs were posted. If your Marina has those rules I certainly would follow them.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358727 03/31/12 05:09 PM
C
CoachJC Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
So i will dock my boat in our slip so i will be special to. i also will take my boat and fish your slip anyway. you dont own the water under your slip. really no need to get into a pissing match. plenty of crappie for everyone. most slips are not like greatwhites. our slips dont have rules. they make them up as they go along depending on whos yelling the loudest. why not just be reasonable so that fishing can be enjoyable? Besides i have no problem with anyone fishing my slip. more fish will move in and there are plenty of spots to go around.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358747 03/31/12 05:17 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Thanks Bob Cat1. Appreciate your undeerstanding.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358782 03/31/12 05:35 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Kingfish1023---I'm really not trying to be smart--but in your boat, you are welcome to fish our slips anytime. My point is not with depleting the fish--you can't do that with crappie. We just don't want strangers IN OUR SLIPS without permission. I just don't think that is being unreasonable. Years ago we tried it without any rules, and boy was that a disaster. Slips invaded--sometimes you couldn't even get to your own slip--arguments, thefts, etc., etc. Now the marina has rules, as above, but sometimes they still get broken, and marina security gets it handled. Again, one day last year, I went to the slip, and found six people inside our slip, their lunch and drinks spread out on our tables, the place was a mess--the trash cans were full--and they were even using our basket for their catch; all they had was a metal stringer. I'm even talking dirty diapers in our trash can!
You may not agree, but I just feel so strong about this that I had to post some of the reasons behind the fairly strict rules. It didn't used to be that way. Wish it could still be one big happy family, but it just can't, and I'm sorry.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358787 03/31/12 05:36 PM
C
CoachJC Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Gwh. we arent fishing your slips. we have different rules. i personally wouldnt get a slip at your place with a boat or no boat. i like to move around too much! I dont have the patients to fish one slip. i certainly respect your rules and dont have a problem with them. we should have have been told this rule upfront and not after tbe fact after this one dude didnt like the fact that we were fishing the same row of slips as him. we werent close to his slips. We were minding our own business and tried to ne friendly. i have no priblem with you telling me not to fish your slip. but dont tell me not to fish the others around you especially when you do the same thing. I'm not fond of hypocrites.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: CoachJC] #7358797 03/31/12 05:40 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Kingffish--don't have a problem if you have permission. If you do, come on over--I'll even show you the best trees, buy you a soft drink and treat you like a friend and fishing partner. Love these kinds of folks.
Thanks for your nice response.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Coach Hark] #7358801 03/31/12 05:41 PM
C
CoachJC Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
GWH. i agree with you. I'm sure yalls set up is different than ours. i have never seen anyone do what you are describing. thats crazy. i would feel like you do though! This thing is different and s different situation than yours.

Re: Lake Grapevine slips [Re: Greatwhitefather] #7358804 03/31/12 05:42 PM
G
Greatwhitefather Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Missed something in the post---we only fish the 14 slips where we have written permission--nothing else.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide