Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Alwims] #7246293 03/05/12 03:01 PM
H
Hankys15 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Just got back from a 4 day trip at Falcon had a great trip with lots of big fish and crowds were not to bad. Day 2 however we were making a run to the very north end of the lake and the game warden stopped us to check us out. As we were talking and showing him everything he told us they were going to look at a dead body floating on the bank on the mexican side. I asked him if he was joking and he said no and asked if we wanted to come with him to check it out. I declined the offer and asked him when was the last time this had happend and he said they found a floater about a month back. We had no problems while we were there but still scary knowing bodies are floating around every couple of months.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Hankys15] #7246386 03/05/12 03:20 PM
A
Alwims Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Hankys15
Just got back from a 4 day trip at Falcon had a great trip with lots of big fish and crowds were not to bad. Day 2 however we were making a run to the very north end of the lake and the game warden stopped us to check us out. As we were talking and showing him everything he told us they were going to look at a dead body floating on the bank on the mexican side. I asked him if he was joking and he said no and asked if we wanted to come with him to check it out. I declined the offer and asked him when was the last time this had happend and he said they found a floater about a month back. We had no problems while we were there but still scary knowing bodies are floating around every couple of months.

American LEO going to check a dead body in Mexico????? confused Why do you think the bass grow so big down here? They get lots to eat with all the dead bodies floating around. crazy That may not be eggs in her belly, it may be Pedro. eek

Like me for what I am, or don't like me at all.

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Jmsteele] #7246624 03/05/12 04:14 PM
S
swampcat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Jmsteele
I fished down there from the 18th-23rd. We parked at the state park everyday. It was more crowded than our last trip to falcon but it wasn't to bad compared the way fork can get. The crowds were much more respectful on falcon also.

I have to agree on the crowd being more respectful at Falcon, for the most part. Last Friday, partner and I were pulling them off a spot and had a another boat about 50 yards off watching. Partner got a snag in the rocks a little deeper. As we moved the boat to get closer to his snag, that boat put their TM on high and raced to the spot we were catching them and started fishing... crazy!

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Hankys15] #7247312 03/05/12 06:49 PM
M
Mesquite Mark Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Game Wardens don't go to Mexico. Border Patrol, Coast Guard and Game Wardens can't and won't do anything for you in Mexico. So any floater in Mexico would still be there! Fishing on the Mexico side isn't very crowded at all when we were there week before last.

Two things in life you can never have to much of. Money or Fun!

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Alwims] #7247349 03/05/12 07:00 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Jersey Dan and I are killing it down here. He thought he had a big one and had the power tackle rod bent in a U. Turns out it was just a body. THis lake is viscous.

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Alwims] #7247593 03/05/12 08:16 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Make sure it ain't Red before you set the hook. I heard he was down there somewhere close to the border. At least give him a decent burial.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Okie Poke] #7247886 03/05/12 09:42 PM
S
sconnie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
How do you know where to go on the Mexican side of Falcon?

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Alwims] #7247898 03/05/12 09:44 PM
B
Bill Waldschmidt Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Trial and error?

It's mapped the same as the US side

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Hankys15] #7248079 03/05/12 10:26 PM
T
Troyz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

Tried to think of a diplomatic way to respond to this but all I could come up with is BS.

If you are not trying to BS everyone and just trying to make a joke, you need a lot of practice......

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Alwims] #7248171 03/05/12 10:46 PM
H
Hankys15 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Not a joke Troyz unless the game warden was messing with me. I asked him twice after he told me and his responce every time was the same that yes they were going to look at a dead body. I really have no reason to believe he was lying to me but you never know. Think what you want but I would not just come on here to BS people. Falcon is an awesome lake but just because you dont hear something on the news doesn't mean bad things are not going on.

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Alwims] #7248263 03/05/12 11:02 PM
T
Troyz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
If you say so, but LEO are not allowed to go into Mexico. Never met a GW down there yet that would try to pull that kind of joke on anyone. The ones I have met have been super nice to deal with but are serious about their business and the safety of everyone on the lake.

As much scrutiny as Falcon gets, if something happens down there word gets around in a hurry. It usually gets blown out of proportion, but it spreads in a hurry.

Re: OMG Falcon is Crazy Crowded [Re: Barrett] #7248343 03/05/12 11:18 PM
A
Alwims Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Barrett
Jersey Dan and I are killing it down here. He thought he had a big one and had the power tackle rod bent in a U. Turns out it was just a body. THis lake is viscous.

I just got back home from paying my storage bill at Falcon Heights for the month and the way the wind was blowing and is predicted to blow all week, you 2 picked a fine time to come back down. Oh well, you should have the lake pretty much to yourselves. Good luck.

Like me for what I am, or don't like me at all.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide