Print Thread
Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723337 01/26/06 06:06 PM
B
Bass'n Grannie Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Since we had a couple of beautiful days this week (and the wind wasn't blowing) Tuesday I had a chance to take the boat out and make sure everything was still working since it has been sitting around since our last tournament. A neighbor and I went to Purtis Creek and fished all day. She caught one and I caught nothing. Threw everything but the kitchen sink. The lake is in pretty good shape, not as low as I expected. Lots of grass everwhere but the water was clear. It was still a good day just being on the water. Since my luck was so bad I went to a private lake yesterday just to restore my confidence and caught several. I'm happy!!!

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723338 01/27/06 12:18 AM
Sharon Hill Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
As a matter of fact I did, today. Was very cold, and we caught about 5 crappie, 1 sandbass, and one yellow bass. fun to get out though, I know what you mean about checking out the boat, didn't know how mine would do after sitting for a couple of months. It started right up though,

[Linked Image]
Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723339 01/28/06 04:08 AM
B
bumblebee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Bass n' Grannie - what private lake do you fish? Can you say?

There is not much going on this way. Tawakoni is way too low.

I stopped by your Bass N'Gal booth at the fishing show and the lady there didn't know you by Bass n' Grannie. I couldn't remmeber your real name...sorry. But I did stop by to say "hi."

I will be soooo glad when these lakes come back up to normal level!

As a matter of fact I do fish like a girl!

Shopping with my husband is like fishing with the game warden!
Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723340 02/07/06 03:12 AM
L
Lady Luck Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Bass n' Grannie,

Well as you probably know I am back in school for the semester and things have gotten really tight, but never too tight that I can't go fishing. Easymoney and I have been putting together some open tournaments this winter and still fish at least one day out of most weekends. I unfortunately didn't get to fish for about 3 weeks and it drove me absolutely nuts.
This weekend we had a club tournament out at Bridgeport, where I caught one slot (17") and a 1.08# keeper (13"). There were no other Lady Anglers so by default I got it. We had about 42# weighed in total with Big Bass of 7.70# (24"). Brian Olsen, a new member had that pretty Bass along with 2 really nice spots. This weekend we will probably do another Easymoney Open on either Eagle Mountain or Lake Worth. Just don't know when to take a break. Lovin' Every Minute Of It!

Is it beginners luck or a great teacher!
Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723341 02/09/06 11:09 PM
M
MsBass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I have only been fishing once since before Thanksgiving. And we didn't do to well. I'm looking forward to more fishing real soon.

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723342 02/15/06 11:56 PM
M
Mibass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Sharon---Those are some nice fish but I just gotta say that is the ugliest little kid I have ever seen!

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723343 02/22/06 03:00 AM
L
ladygofish73 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
We went out Sat. (yeah, in the sleet, wind and below freezing temps) Lewisville is low too - we didn't catch anything but just bought a new new skeeter and just couldn't pass up the tournament to try her out.

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723344 03/10/06 11:55 AM
S
SowCommander Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Also, Ladies .. I am in the process of a divorce from a marriage of 20 loooong years . I'm a gentleman, passionate, kind, ruggedly handsome .. a little rough around the edges, in excellent bedroom condition ... somewhat independently wealthy .. building a new Euro style home on 200 acres with pool .. wanting to raise Tennesse Walkers. My children are raised and in college. So, if you know of a lady that could meet the following criteria .. please send me an email at fmattlage@texasinternet.com . I am the guy that let Cindy Sheehan ( the anti-war protestor) set up her camp a mile from the POTUS ranch on our property. Here are the criteria :

Single or almost single, a lady 35-45, in slender,string bikini condition .. that is fun-loving, has a good sense of humor, educated,speaks fluent and correct English, ( no " I seen its " ) .. intelligent, affectionate, wine-loving, likes to travel. Must be able to cook, keep an immaculate home, be able to wash trucks, clean guns and ducks, bathe Labradors .. must like to fish, hunt, care for horses and ride. Have magic hands is a plus ! Must be upbeat and energetic ... should love the peace and quiet of the country as much as the hustle of the city. I have somewhat of a weakness for the half white, half Latino ... caramel complected skin, or, a bronze tan. I prefer brunettes over blondes. Only the serious and fit need apply or respond. No fatties, pets or kids !

I am a man of word and honor, from Waco .. " Home of the Fightin Sows " .. it's hard to find a good woman here .. so please bear with me ..I have been accused in life of being brutally honest and direct . Some women appreciate that, other's don't .

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723345 03/10/06 05:40 PM
B
bumblebee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Sounds to me like you need to hire a maid...several of them to do all that you want done. flehan

As a matter of fact I do fish like a girl!

Shopping with my husband is like fishing with the game warden!
Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723346 03/11/06 01:12 AM
F
fishonfire Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Hey sow what woman would want anything to do with you? First how pathetic do you have to be to try to pick up women on a fishing forum? Second you brag about being a communist that helped out an an Anti American Jane Fonda wanna be. Also, you have all these demands of what you want in a women but you must be one ugly loser to be looking for women on here. I'm sure these women post on here in their own section to get away from scum bags like you. I hope this is a joke and you are really not this big of a tool.

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723347 03/11/06 08:21 AM
fishin'addiction Offline
Angler
Angler
Quote:
Originally posted by fishonfire:
Hey sow what woman would want anything to do with you? First how pathetic do you have to be to try to pick up women on a fishing forum? Second you brag about being a communist that helped out an an Anti American Jane Fonda wanna be. Also, you have all these demands of what you want in a women but you must be one ugly loser to be looking for women on here. I'm sure these women post on here in their own section to get away from scum bags like you. I hope this is a joke and you are really not this big of a tool.
rolfmao rolfmao

He left out

"Do you come here often?" and "I'm a Leo, my turn on's are sunsets and walks on the beach ......."

rolfmao

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723348 03/12/06 01:48 AM
T
TexasBlonde Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I doubt any woman here is that desperate to go fishing.

Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723349 03/15/06 04:55 AM
B
Bass_Lady_In_Plano Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
sow: i hear anna nicole's available again...

ok...enough thread hijacking.

grannie, i know just what you mean. the fall & winter fishing was just awful for me. i sure missed feeling the pull on the other end of my line. for the last 4 weeks or so, i've been trying my hand at sand bass for the first time. i'm quickly realizing how different your technique has to be for sandies vs LMB. it's a blast to get down into the creeks & 'figure them out' smile

-An original 'Yupneck' from the Appalachians
Re: Is Anyone Fishing Lately? #723350 03/16/06 05:32 AM
Sharon Hill Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Wow, get a life. I used to show Tennesse walkers for 18 yrs. I won at the National Walking Horse Celebration in 1974 on a Racking horse that I named the Great Gatsby. I also won in the Racking Horse World championship on a horse named Clown's Jester. I was 15 at the time and will never forget that experience, daddy(rest his sole)and I were the two happiest people that you would ever want to meet. That being said, if I were single, and looking for companionship, wouldn't answer this post at all.

You desperately need to find another avenue, and not the lady anglers section of the Texas Fishing Forum.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide