Forums59
Topics1,039,879
Posts13,971,507
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fisherman's supply] #7098686 01/27/12 08:17 AM
F
FootAndAHalf Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
cya at the split in 5 years when its paradise again

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: MWilkins (a.k.a. Keeb)] #7099705 01/27/12 04:38 PM
M
MikeSouza Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: MWilkins (a.k.a. Keeb)
What part of Texoma are you on Mike? I've got a place up on Preston point. We ride 4 wheelers all over the place up there and have never had a problem. There are some really good trails over on the OK side. West bank going in to Bay of the Cross.

I'm on the Oklahoma side. We ride the creek bottoms when they're dried up, or have very little water in them. We stay out west around the Lebanon, red river area

[Linked Image]
Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: tx_basser] #7099734 01/27/12 04:43 PM
T
TDR2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: tx_basser
You're kidding yourself if you think there will be.no fish up the.river. They have already bought their tickets and heading up there.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think that the river hasn't taken a MASSIVE step backwards after this drought.

P1
Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fisherman's supply] #7102512 01/28/12 06:03 AM
J
Jeff_S2 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Massive step back how?

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Jeff_S2] #7102798 01/28/12 02:03 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
The river is depndent on Lavon and Ray Hubbard for water quality and food source. Do you think when the water started going down that the fish just sat there and decided to wait it out? They did what fish do when water levels fall and went south to the lake.The lake had 2 feet of water in it for a mile south.I don't think the fish hung out there waiting for rain so they could all return that day.

FREYED KNOT

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: MikeSouza] #7102828 01/28/12 02:16 PM
TIM CLINE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: MikeSouza
What part of Texoma are you on Mike? I've got a place up on Preston point. We ride 4 wheelers all over the place up there and have never had a problem. There are some really good trails over on the OK side. West bank going in to Bay of the Cross.

I'm on the Oklahoma side. We ride the creek bottoms when they're dried up, or have very little water in them. We stay out west around the Lebanon, red river area

No wonder all my deer left!!! Next time take a shovel and dig out a few creeks for me! LOL

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Jeff_S2] #7102898 01/28/12 02:57 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted By: LastCast27
Massive step back how?

You think those bank bangers and day users that fished the deep holes practiced catch and release? Not a f'n chance.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fish AKA Jerry] #7103295 01/28/12 04:55 PM
J
Jeff_S2 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
The river is depndent on Lavon and Ray Hubbard for water quality and food source. Do you think when the water started going down that the fish just sat there and decided to wait it out? They did what fish do when water levels fall and went south to the lake.The lake had 2 feet of water in it for a mile south.I don't think the fish hung out there waiting for rain so they could all return that day.

Of, course thats what they do, however I also believe if a certain area has historically offered the most conducive environment, I would think the fish would be inclined to return.

And there's always bank beaters...and yes they probably occasionally keep a couple bass, but I dont think that is of any worry.

Anyhow....took a trip up there yesterday, and of course it was the color of chocolate milk, but there is still lots of green green grass up there, alot more than the previous year due to the hard freeze, which makes be think the bass will find it.

Idk maybe Im way off base...oh ya, lots of driftwood on the way..wouldn't attempt it if you've never been.

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fisherman's supply] #7103314 01/28/12 05:02 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I think you're underestimating what bank beaters can do to a stranded population of fish.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fisherman's supply] #7103769 01/28/12 07:54 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Those bank beaters would rape a school of fish in a weekends time!! They keep everything !!

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #7104143 01/28/12 10:54 PM
M
MWilkins (a.k.a. Keeb) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
The areas of the river that still had any amount of water left in it when the lake was low got beat to hell by the bank beaters.

It was no problem to get to all areas of the river by 4wheeler from the main lake. All of the trails were viable for cars to get back there, and there were many almost every weekend. Pure evidence is all of the trash that was left behind by them. It is a complete mess up there because of them.

No one to come back there and check fishing licenses or to check if your catch is legal. The undesireables that were fishing from the bank would literally keep everything they caught. Guaranteed the fish population up there was dramatically reduced.

Yes more fish will make their way back up there but it will take some time. What's not going to help the situation is all of the people that now know how to get in the river. Everyone is going to be making that run and sticking what fish are left up there. The ones fishing tournaments will be removing those fish from the area.

Really not a good situation for the river fish IMO.

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: MWilkins (a.k.a. Keeb)] #7104164 01/28/12 11:02 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
The areas of the river that still had any amount of water left in it when the lake was low got beat to hell by the bank beaters.

It was no problem to get to all areas of the river by 4wheeler from the main lake. All of the trails were viable for cars to get back there, and there were many almost every weekend. Pure evidence is all of the trash that was left behind by them. It is a complete mess up there because of them.

No one to come back there and check fishing licenses or to check if your catch is legal. The undesireables that were fishing from the bank would literally keep everything they caught. Guaranteed the fish population up there was dramatically reduced.

Yes more fish will make their way back up there but it will take some time. What's not going to help the situation is all of the people that now know how to get in the river. Everyone is going to be making that run and sticking what fish are left up there. The ones fishing tournaments will be removing those fish from the area.

Really not a good situation for the river fish IMO.

Keeb, you sound like you know a little too much about whats going on up the river when its been down. So when is that fish fry??

FREYED KNOT

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fisherman's supply] #7104237 01/28/12 11:19 PM
F
Fisherman's supply Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
F
Hey Jerry just some food for thought about my opinion on your post, which we know isn't worth much! Lol. But when the water was down and had 2 ft of water in it a mile south like you said, your thinking the fish got out. Its been that low before though, and people could run duck boats in at that depth, and thats when it had some of the best fishing. So all those fish we know where still in the river. Even when it was just inches to get in and mud moters n jet boats got in the fishing was on fire. So it seems to me all those fish didn't use their ticket out when they could of. In times past it would get to that point and fill back up. This time it got to that point and just kept on drying up. So I tend to think most were lost.

Re: Question about river on Ray Hubbard [Re: Fisherman's supply] #7104398 01/29/12 12:11 AM
Jim Gilbert Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Can't do anything about fish loss due to the drought. However, I sure would encourage you guys to call the Game Warden if you see or even assume illegal fishing going on. Don't even think they can't or wont go to the "Tough to get to places". They will zealously protect those fish.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide