Forums59
Topics1,039,328
Posts13,962,921
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: Doug E. Fresh] #6835841 11/11/11 10:52 PM
H
Hitch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I was kinda wondering the same thing.
Originally Posted By: Doug E. Fresh
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Our by-laws are posted on the web site for all to read. We don't hide anything and there is no good ole boy system. I have replied to all your e-mails Doug and I admit I was a little short in one And all I can do is apologize. I've been beaten up a bit this year it gets a little old sometimes. If you would like to talk about it, I can call you after work tonight, but don't trash a great Club over a personal difference you may have with me. And if you and Jack want to be Pres and Vice Pres in 2013, I'll vote for that ticket.

I have throughly reviewed them and nowhere is it written that you,me or any other member can be exempted into the championship. As your email to me stated , it was voted on in 2010, but you guess nobody remembered to add it to the bylaws(REALLY?) That is your story?? If it is not in writting I cannot start to believe it. So I guess the vote to allow the "special admits" was in violation of the club bylaws..

Interesting...

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6835844 11/11/11 10:52 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Reminds me of Ron Whites "diamonds are forever" routine.

FREYED KNOT

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: Doug E. Fresh] #6835898 11/11/11 11:14 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Our by-laws are posted on the web site for all to read. We don't hide anything and there is no good ole boy system. I have replied to all your e-mails Doug and I admit I was a little short in one And all I can do is apologize. I've been beaten up a bit this year it gets a little old sometimes. If you would like to talk about it, I can call you after work tonight, but don't trash a great Club over a personal difference you may have with me. And if you and Jack want to be Pres and Vice Pres in 2013, I'll vote for that ticket.

I have throughly reviewed them and nowhere is it written that you,me or any other member can be exempted into the championship. As your email to me stated , it was voted on in 2010, but you guess nobody remembered to add it to the bylaws(REALLY?) That is your story?? If it is not in writting I cannot start to believe it. So I guess the vote to allow the "special admits" was in violation of the club bylaws..

Interesting...

"Thoroughly" ?? You missed section 6.

"Section 6 - Voting-Each eligible voting member of the Ray Hubbard Bass Club shall be entitled to one vote on each matter of business, which may be introduced at any meeting of the Club. Voting on elections of Officers and Directors shall be by nomination and seconded and voting will be by voice or show of hands. A simple majority shall be required for approval of any issue before the membership unless otherwise specified in these By-Laws. Votes shall not be cumulative or by proxy. The November meeting is the only month members may make motions and vote on those same motions to amend the Club's By-Laws to be put into full effect the following year."

Its says at "any meeting" and "any issue".

Its unfortunate that you may not have been at this meeting due to work,etc. But the meeting was held anyway and a vote taken.I personally like the RHBC and appreciate all the work that the officers put into the club without compensation or expectations of compensation.For someone to be negative towards them or the club they represent is uncalled for.I want to thank Tom and all the other board members for the effort they put in to keep the RHBC a class act.For them to be attacked on this or any other forum is simply unfair and unjustified.

Last edited by Fish AKA Jerry; 11/11/11 11:38 PM.

FREYED KNOT

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6836311 11/12/11 02:05 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Not only did I appreciate the opportunity to fish against some of the best local anglers, but the free steak dinner sat night was very nice! I am thankful I was able to be part of it. I appreciate all the officers do to keep the majority happy. I was happy with the outcome and payout. I voiced my opinion before the meeting and got my answers. Thanks RHBC for the last few years. Hoping I can make a few next year with my hectic college schedule. My boat will be sold next week, as a few people are coming to look the next few days. Good luck in 2012!!

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: Fish AKA Jerry] #6836384 11/12/11 02:28 AM
D
Doug E. Fresh Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Interesting...

"Thoroughly" ?? You missed section 6.

"Section 6 - Voting-Each eligible voting member of the Ray Hubbard Bass Club shall be entitled to one vote on each matter of business, which may be introduced at any meeting of the Club. Voting on elections of Officers and Directors shall be by nomination and seconded and voting will be by voice or show of hands. A simple majority shall be required for approval of any issue before the membership unless otherwise specified in these By-Laws. Votes shall not be cumulative or by proxy. The November meeting is the only month members may make motions and vote on those same motions to amend the Club's By-Laws to be put into full effect the following year."

Its says at "any meeting" and "any issue".

Its unfortunate that you may not have been at this meeting due to work,etc. But the meeting was held anyway and a vote taken.I personally like the RHBC and appreciate all the work that the officers put into the club without compensation or expectations of compensation.For someone to be negative towards them or the club they represent is uncalled for.I want to thank Tom and all the other board members for the effort they put in to keep the RHBC a class act.For them to be attacked on this or any other forum is simply unfair and unjustified.

This has nothing to do with the rules over "voting" it has to do with the qualifications of each member to fish the championship. Which there is nothing in the bylaws about "special exemptions", the vote was perfectly with in the rules, the natuure of the vote was in question. Because of the questionable vote, which I was there when it occurred and voted against it, there were 2 others members at the next meeting that requested to be exempted into the tournament. Which now that the special provision was made were allowed in, follow my issue with it now? Where is the limit? Why wasn't everyone allowed to be exempted in ?

Its nothing personal , its just then I was told that this issue was voted in the prior year , but never was written into the bylaws. That to me makes it appear to be somewhat questionable. Especially since the 1st members exempted in didn't miss qualifying because of any hardships, just that they joined later in the year. Its all in the past now, congrats to Ronnie and all the others that did well.

I am done..

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6836585 11/12/11 03:44 AM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Again, section 6 says it very clearly. At any meeting they can vote on any issue they chose.Doesn't matter what issue.The club voted.You voted.The matter was decided.
Thats how fishin go.

FREYED KNOT

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: Fish AKA Jerry] #6836651 11/12/11 04:06 AM
D
Doug E. Fresh Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
Again, section 6 says it very clearly. At any meeting they can vote on any issue they chose.Doesn't matter what issue.The club voted.You voted.The matter was decided.
Thats how fishin go.

10-4

Last edited by Doug E. Fresh; 11/12/11 04:06 AM.
Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6838268 11/12/11 10:42 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
is there gonna be a writeup, results, or pictures of the championship???

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6838269 11/12/11 10:43 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Working on it later today Ronnie.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! [Re: SoCal Tom] #6838273 11/12/11 10:43 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
thanks.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide