Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 06:31 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Club will be holding our monthly meeting this Thursday October 6th at Weekends Restaurant in Bayview Marina on Lake Ray Hubbard. The meeting starts at 7:00PM. Topics on the table will include last months Cedar Creek tournament. Last months Top Six tournament. This weekends Open tournament at Ray Hubbard. We will need to discuss running the lake. It’s very low right now and there are hazards that most have never seen before, especially if you have not been out there for a while. If you have been there, please bring any information you have to the table to make sure all our people and their equipment are safe!

We will discuss the November Championship Tournament on Sandlin/Cypress.

We will also discuss our all important November meeting which will include By laws changes, Officer Elections and Lake selection for 2012.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions or for more information.

Hope to see you Thursday!

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 11:40 AM

Ya'll need to figure out Barefoot Bay Ramp on Sandlin.

It will be a cluster since it's about the only one to use and lines will be long for launching and loading

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 01:14 PM

Barefoot Bay on Sandlin, and Overlook Park on Cypress Springs. We usually put in before everyone else, so it shouldnt be a problem. Running the lake in the dark will be the problem if you dont know what you are doing. Sandlin has new stickups everywhere, and Cypress has some really long points that are 1' or less 50 yards off the bank.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 02:01 PM

I am not to concerned about the launch in the morning

It is waiting 1 hour to put the boat back on the trailer.

I fished it a few years ago when it was this low, it was crazy trying to use barefoot

We need to have extended hours that day- or beach our boats for weigh in

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 04:19 PM

We'll talk about it at the meeting. This is why everyone needs to be there. Everyone needs to start doing their rain dance so we don't have to worry about it as much.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
We'll talk about it at the meeting. This is why everyone needs to be there. Everyone needs to start doing their rain dance so we don't have to worry about it as much.

Or switch lakes...........

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 05:53 PM

BOOO! LOL!! reagans would be mad.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/03/11 07:02 PM

We can't do that to them. We'll talk about it Thursday.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/06/11 06:26 AM

Tomorrow night!

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/06/11 01:59 PM

first round is on Jay and Tom!!! smile

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/06/11 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: RonnieManning
first round is on Jay and Tom!!! smile

I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 12:15 PM

Update Please?

Too far for me to drive, and no major highways from Frisco to Ray Hubbard

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 01:05 PM

sandlin on sat, and cypress on sunday of the championship. Just like last year. Jay is cooking steaks, we all need to find out what Tom needs us to bring to assist the club bought steaks. he said he has you and your partner down for a room at Reagans.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 01:11 PM

What is launch time? And Weigh in time on Sandlin?

Good deal on the room

I hope ya'll do some more drinking on Friday nite, I was the lone alcholic friday nite.......

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 01:13 PM

LOL! times will be determined next month at that meeting- along with all the voting and decisions for the next year club-wise.

Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Good deal on the room

I hope ya'll do some more drinking on Friday nite, I was the lone alcholic friday nite.......

Jack you got paroled?

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Good deal on the room

Jack you got paroled?

Yep, Grand Jury No Billed me..........

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 10/07/11 08:55 PM

Launch times for the Championship will be determined at the November meeting along with Officer elections, lake selection for 2012 and by-laws changes. If you are going to make the trip down for one meeting, this should be it. E-mails were sent out to everyone staying at Ragans for what your room number is, so check you e-mail for the one time this month Jack. smile

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 10:15 AM

I could not make it due to work.

How many sets of rules did yall vote on to have for 2012.

Never have I seen a more "clickish" club that screws the membership for the sake of keeping the good ole boy system in tact.

Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 11:33 AM

Doug email or pm but keep it off the forum.

until you have the entire story keep your opinion to yourself...

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 01:57 PM

I already emailed Tom , got a rather arrogant return email, basically enforcing the "good ole boy theme" in the club.

Trust me, I do have the whole story ......

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 05:04 PM

Never have I seen a more "clickish" club that screws the membership for the sake of keeping the good ole boy system in tact.

From what I have seen most clubs are "Clickish", it is just the nature of the beast.

Tom will be President next year, and I thought he said it would be his last year, he has done a great job.

Doug, just fish RHBC this upcoming year and put in your name in the hat for President, and I will be your Vice President.

Just in case you get assassinated............

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 05:39 PM

From what I have seen most clubs are "Clickish", it is just the nature of the beast.

Tom will be President next year, and I thought he said it would be his last year, he has done a great job.

Doug, just fish RHBC this upcoming year and put in your name in the hat for President, and I will be your Vice President.

Just in case you get assassinated............

Maybe you would need to be the head of my secret service ..

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 08:14 PM

Our by-laws are posted on the web site for all to read. We don't hide anything and there is no good ole boy system. I have replied to all your e-mails Doug and I admit I was a little short in one And all I can do is apologize. I've been beaten up a bit this year it gets a little old sometimes. If you would like to talk about it, I can call you after work tonight, but don't trash a great Club over a personal difference you may have with me. And if you and Jack want to be Pres and Vice Pres in 2013, I'll vote for that ticket.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 08:54 PM

I don't have the patience for it..

I will vote for jack though

Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/08/11 11:47 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5852661/Bass_Club_Info#Post5852661

We're lucky to have so many great choices and great fishing in North Texas.

I'm new to the "Club". I had a pretty cool year, learned a lot, and made some new fishing buddies. Hell, Tommy M and I were on some fish this weekend and had to get towed in so stuff happens. I liked hearing about your experience around Ray Hubbard and your insights on fishing the lake. I figure that's what a "Club" is about - a little competition, some learning, and a cold beer once a month away from the wife, work and little women of my household.

But, man, if it was that bad a year for you that you want to flame all over TFF, maybe this is the link that will help.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/09/11 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Simmonsdlwa
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5852661/Bass_Club_Info#Post5852661

We're lucky to have so many great choices and great fishing in North Texas.

I'm new to the "Club". I had a pretty cool year, learned a lot, and made some new fishing buddies. Hell, Tommy M and I were on some fish this weekend and had to get towed in so stuff happens. I liked hearing about your experience around Ray Hubbard and your insights on fishing the lake. I figure that's what a "Club" is about - a little competition, some learning, and a cold beer once a month away from the wife, work and little women of my household.

But, man, if it was that bad a year for you that you want to flame all over TFF, maybe this is the link that will help.

flush

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/11/11 05:16 PM

Our by-laws are posted on the web site for all to read. We don't hide anything and there is no good ole boy system. I have replied to all your e-mails Doug and I admit I was a little short in one And all I can do is apologize. I've been beaten up a bit this year it gets a little old sometimes. If you would like to talk about it, I can call you after work tonight, but don't trash a great Club over a personal difference you may have with me. And if you and Jack want to be Pres and Vice Pres in 2013, I'll vote for that ticket.

I have throughly reviewed them and nowhere is it written that you,me or any other member can be exempted into the championship. As your email to me stated , it was voted on in 2010, but you guess nobody remembered to add it to the bylaws(REALLY?) That is your story?? If it is not in writting I cannot start to believe it. So I guess the vote to allow the "special admits" was in violation of the club bylaws..

Interesting...

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/11/11 05:30 PM

Posted By: Alton K

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/11/11 10:31 PM

Ya'll just send Doug a "Best Sportsman" award trophy and all this will be settled!

LOL

-Alton

Posted By: Hitch

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/11/11 10:52 PM

I was kinda wondering the same thing.

I have throughly reviewed them and nowhere is it written that you,me or any other member can be exempted into the championship. As your email to me stated , it was voted on in 2010, but you guess nobody remembered to add it to the bylaws(REALLY?) That is your story?? If it is not in writting I cannot start to believe it. So I guess the vote to allow the "special admits" was in violation of the club bylaws..

Interesting...

Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/11/11 10:52 PM

Reminds me of Ron Whites "diamonds are forever" routine.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/11/11 11:14 PM

Interesting...

"Thoroughly" ?? You missed section 6.

"Section 6 - Voting-Each eligible voting member of the Ray Hubbard Bass Club shall be entitled to one vote on each matter of business, which may be introduced at any meeting of the Club. Voting on elections of Officers and Directors shall be by nomination and seconded and voting will be by voice or show of hands. A simple majority shall be required for approval of any issue before the membership unless otherwise specified in these By-Laws. Votes shall not be cumulative or by proxy. The November meeting is the only month members may make motions and vote on those same motions to amend the Club's By-Laws to be put into full effect the following year."

Its says at "any meeting" and "any issue".

Its unfortunate that you may not have been at this meeting due to work,etc. But the meeting was held anyway and a vote taken.I personally like the RHBC and appreciate all the work that the officers put into the club without compensation or expectations of compensation.For someone to be negative towards them or the club they represent is uncalled for.I want to thank Tom and all the other board members for the effort they put in to keep the RHBC a class act.For them to be attacked on this or any other forum is simply unfair and unjustified.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 02:05 AM

Not only did I appreciate the opportunity to fish against some of the best local anglers, but the free steak dinner sat night was very nice! I am thankful I was able to be part of it. I appreciate all the officers do to keep the majority happy. I was happy with the outcome and payout. I voiced my opinion before the meeting and got my answers. Thanks RHBC for the last few years. Hoping I can make a few next year with my hectic college schedule. My boat will be sold next week, as a few people are coming to look the next few days. Good luck in 2012!!

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Interesting...

"Thoroughly" ?? You missed section 6.

"Section 6 - Voting-Each eligible voting member of the Ray Hubbard Bass Club shall be entitled to one vote on each matter of business, which may be introduced at any meeting of the Club. Voting on elections of Officers and Directors shall be by nomination and seconded and voting will be by voice or show of hands. A simple majority shall be required for approval of any issue before the membership unless otherwise specified in these By-Laws. Votes shall not be cumulative or by proxy. The November meeting is the only month members may make motions and vote on those same motions to amend the Club's By-Laws to be put into full effect the following year."

Its says at "any meeting" and "any issue".

Its unfortunate that you may not have been at this meeting due to work,etc. But the meeting was held anyway and a vote taken.I personally like the RHBC and appreciate all the work that the officers put into the club without compensation or expectations of compensation.For someone to be negative towards them or the club they represent is uncalled for.I want to thank Tom and all the other board members for the effort they put in to keep the RHBC a class act.For them to be attacked on this or any other forum is simply unfair and unjustified.

This has nothing to do with the rules over "voting" it has to do with the qualifications of each member to fish the championship. Which there is nothing in the bylaws about "special exemptions", the vote was perfectly with in the rules, the natuure of the vote was in question. Because of the questionable vote, which I was there when it occurred and voted against it, there were 2 others members at the next meeting that requested to be exempted into the tournament. Which now that the special provision was made were allowed in, follow my issue with it now? Where is the limit? Why wasn't everyone allowed to be exempted in ?

Its nothing personal , its just then I was told that this issue was voted in the prior year , but never was written into the bylaws. That to me makes it appear to be somewhat questionable. Especially since the 1st members exempted in didn't miss qualifying because of any hardships, just that they joined later in the year. Its all in the past now, congrats to Ronnie and all the others that did well.

I am done..

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 03:44 AM

Again, section 6 says it very clearly. At any meeting they can vote on any issue they chose.Doesn't matter what issue.The club voted.You voted.The matter was decided.
Thats how fishin go.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
Again, section 6 says it very clearly. At any meeting they can vote on any issue they chose.Doesn't matter what issue.The club voted.You voted.The matter was decided.
Thats how fishin go.

10-4

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 10:42 PM

is there gonna be a writeup, results, or pictures of the championship???

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 10:43 PM

Working on it later today Ronnie.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday October 6th! - 11/12/11 10:43 PM

thanks.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum