Print Thread
Map Create 6 or Navionics Electronic Charts #669363 08/01/02 01:08 AM
N
nofish Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
N
I just bought a Lowrance Global Map 2400, and I'm considering buying either Lowrance's Map Create 6 or Navionics Electronic Charts. I've called both companies but neither will send me a sample map of my area. I would like to know how much detail each product has (are they similar to the Top Spot Maps - which shows reefs, depths, bayous, cuts, rigs...) and where I can see them in action. I've called Bass Pro, Boaters World, West Marine, and several other stores but no one has a unit with either installed. The area I'm interested in seeing is the Texas coast from east matagorda bay to Corpus Christi. Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Map Create 6 or Navionics Electronic Charts #669364 08/01/02 01:09 AM
N
nofish Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
N
I would just like to know anyone who owns either product what their opinions are. From what I do know about Map Create 6 you can add waypoints but I'm not sure about anything else (ex: draw in reefs, cuts, or other items of interest). I also know that Map Create 6 requires a mmc card and reader (can be bought at local best buy) whereas Navionics comes on a card. What I'm really after is how does the shoreline details compare, does either show reefs, wells, channels, or markers. If not can they be added. I've called several local dealers (ex: Bass Pro, West Marine, Boaters World, and several others) but none have a unit with either Map Create 6 nor Navionics installed. To beat all every place that I've called doesn't seem to interested in helping me. All would end well if I could just convince one store to show me either one and let me try it out (in the store of coarse). I guess I'm not like a lot of people who see a product on TV or in a magazine, rush to the nearest store, and plop down the cash. I like to know what I getting and will I be happy with it. Sorry if I offend or offended anyone, for all those who can respond with their knowledge I GREATLY APPRECIATE it.

Re: Map Create 6 or Navionics Electronic Charts #669365 08/01/02 03:36 AM
SkeeterHawk Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
nofish,

I have an Lowrance X-15 with uses the MMC cards.I have Map Create 5 and it sucks big time.Your better off buying the Navionics Electronic Charts for your area.It is a Hot Spots map on an MMC card and shows all the details.I've been using the Map Create 5 and the Topo Log CD for the lakes that are provided on the Topo Log CD.I have not bought one of the Navionics Electronic Charts as of yet.Don't buy the Map Create 6,if it's anything like the Map Create 5 it's not worth the CD it's burned on and I would tell that to the Lowrance Rep straight to his face.Now the MMC reader comes in handy.

P.S. you didn't put your location in your profile or I'd ask you over to check out the Map Create software and how it works.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SkeeterHawk (edited 07-31-2002).]

Re: Map Create 6 or Navionics Electronic Charts #669366 08/06/02 09:55 PM
B
Bernie Lee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
HI
I HAVE A LOWRANCE 1600 THAT CAME WITH MAP CREATE,THIS DOES NOT SHOW YOU ENOUGH IMFO..I NOW HAVE NAVIONICS FOR CEDAR CREEK AND IT SHOWS ALL CONTURE LINES.I WOULD GET THE NAVIONICS.STEVE ALSO HAS IT.

BERNIE

Bernie Lee
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide