Wife and I took the boat out on Texoma last Friday night. We got out there very late. Started fishing at about 7:45pm and only had a little over an hour and a half of daylight to fish. Regardless we caught about 30 stripers. They were surfacing when we got out there and didn't stop until it got dark. The catch........not one was any bigger than 6 inches. We first started fishing with large white twirly tail grubs and couldn't get a bite. They were too big. Switched to what I call Gully-Woppers. A cork with a line behind it, usually with two jigs attached. From that point on there wasn't a moment we didn't have a fish on the line. Several times caught two fish at a time, but nothing worth keeping ever came into the area.

I've fished there before, where the little ones come in early and then right before dark the big ones show up and you can catch them by throwing large grubs underneath the little ones on top. Didn't work that night. It was fun catching a bunch of fish, but wish we had something to put in the freezer.