Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: TIM CLINE] #6309500 06/18/11 04:38 PM
Fatalwishes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
If you expect it, you must first teach it.

That is written on my 5 year old's elementary school wall.

If it is an unwritten code, somebody should take the time to tell the new guys what the code is.

I don't know what the unwritten rules are and I'm pretty confused on this one.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: USA-1] #6309560 06/18/11 05:00 PM
C
Cloud Dancer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: USA-1
I have a question. JVD is a rookie right? Well if its an UNWRITTEN RULE how was he suppose to know he was "violating" it?

Perhaps there were no expections? Perhaps, the way he did it is how you learn?
In any case, he knows it now. And now, he can go forward.

Need to improve my LMB fishing, running out of time.
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: Cloud Dancer] #6309677 06/18/11 06:11 PM
B
bassman72 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I was prefishing a tournament at Ute about three weeks ago, coming out of a pocket heading down the bank. When I came out of the pocket another boat was cutting across to the same bank. He knew I had the bank before him and stopped he ask me if I was going to fish the bank. I told him yes and then ask him if he was fishing sun county tournament he said yes I told him go ahead. On his second cast he had one around five after netting the fish he looked back at me then his partner got one around three. They then came back to me and thanked me I told them I was going to follow behind but looked like the wind had sacked them on this bank. I pulled off and let them have it, if the guy hadn't of had the courtisey to ask I wouldn't have let him have the bank. (COURTISEY) LEARN IT.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: USA-1] #6313691 06/20/11 06:45 AM
J
JD/76708 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: USA-1
I have a question. JVD is a rookie right? Well if its an UNWRITTEN RULE how was he suppose to know he was "violating" it?

Seriously...... noidea very hard to fathom that he was unaware of any such 'rule'..

[img]http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z451...ser_media_share[/img]
We all stumble and make mistakes. When you stumble, do you want your brother to help knock you down or to help set you back on your feet?
JD
PB: 8.4 (Lake Fork)
Psalms 83:18 (Our God has a name)
Matthew 24:14, 44
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #6313733 06/20/11 09:53 AM
A
AR0G Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
KVD is going to beat up DB for starting [censored] with his familia!

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: AR0G] #6313784 06/20/11 11:18 AM
O
OneStrike Offline
Angler
Angler
O
There was an episode on Ultimate Match fishing recently where Mark Davis talked about this unwritten rule while telling his competitor not to fish his fish. I think if someone goes to spot because they seen you catching them there and they didnt find spot thenselves then thats chicken sheOt.

Joe Moss
CAST Northeast Director
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: JD/76708] #6313807 06/20/11 11:37 AM
J
Jigfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I guess JVD new the unwritten rule. Did JVD just get on top of DB. If JVD kept his distance that's a different story.

Thanks,

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!
Jigfish

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: Fatalwishes] #6313810 06/20/11 11:39 AM
T
Troyz Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Fatalwishes
If you expect it, you must first teach it.

That is written on my 5 year old's elementary school wall.

If it is an unwritten code, somebody should take the time to tell the new guys what the code is.

I don't know what the unwritten rules are and I'm pretty confused on this one.

JVD is the new guy. He is trying to be a participant in an organization that has been in operation for years and years. It is his responsibility to find out what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. I know it is not taught in schools anymore but a person should stand up and take responsibility for their actions.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: OneStrike] #6313819 06/20/11 11:50 AM
S
ssj3goten Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: OneStrike
There was an episode on Ultimate Match fishing recently where Mark Davis talked about this unwritten rule while telling his competitor not to fish his fish. I think if someone goes to spot because they seen you catching them there and they didnt find spot thenselves then thats chicken sheOt.

I saw that episode and thought it was interesting how they worked that whole deal out. Mark Davis had 6 in the boat and took a cast. I thought it was weak of Davis to not allow the free run time.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: ssj3goten] #6314001 06/20/11 01:33 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
the unwritten rule is common courtesy and respect a lot of tournament fishermen dont know anything about. that is why there has to be so many rules .

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: ssmith] #6314064 06/20/11 01:58 PM
J
Jigfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I thought it was crappie of Davis to not allow free run time either. My wife screams at the TV, " what a prick". I might have just turned around and fished his area.

Thanks,

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!
Jigfish

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: Jigfish] #6314436 06/20/11 03:30 PM
drharvey Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
i really dont like commenting on these discussions, but seems not everyone read all there was to read. I remember reading JVD's marshall blogged about him losing the two big fish on day one (while on the water-live blog)before any of this was released by DB. I AM CERTAIN of this because i read it twice. Now how did JVD know that DB was leading on the first day while they were still fishing. It seems that JVD did just as he said, he didnt back down as others did when DB pressured. And to boot just about anyone else that fished that piece of structure on day one and felt they could be in contention without a little bad luck (losing fish) would be right back there. They are fishing for 100k. Again, just seems to me after reading this thread there are a lot of comments from people who have not read the whole story, just snippits that did not elaborate fully. Not one person has mentioned the most important part, the marshall blogged about losing the fish on day one. Seemed obvious he established himself in the area as does most anglers on the elites do at most every tournament in crowded places. He just had a run of bad luck. Personnally I like DB better than JVD so im not partial to JVD. Just thought there was pertinent info ignored or not read.

Last edited by drharvey; 06/20/11 03:31 PM.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: drharvey] #6314467 06/20/11 03:37 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
This event was aired yesterday on ESPN....it would answer a lot of questions people had. There was several guys in that backwater lake. They were fishing off shore. Very specific spots and depressions with chunk rock (while some focused on brush piles with hard bottoms around them). They would make cast after cast to these small areas. Swindles GPS couldn't even show the waypoint cause he had so many tracks over that small area. JVD must have been pretty close to DB for something to be said. Nothing was mentioned in the show...beside JVD mentioning he was going for the win on the last day.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: drharvey] #6314495 06/20/11 03:42 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: drharvey
i really dont like commenting on these discussions, but seems not everyone read all there was to read. I remember reading JVD's marshall blogged about him losing the two big fish on day one (while on the water-live blog)before any of this was released by DB. I AM CERTAIN of this because i read it twice. Now how did JVD know that DB was leading on the first day while they were still fishing. It seems that JVD did just as he said, he didnt back down as others did when DB pressured. And to boot just about anyone else that fished that piece of structure on day one and felt they could be in contention without a little bad luck (losing fish) would be right back there. They are fishing for 100k. Again, just seems to me after reading this thread there are a lot of comments from people who have not read the whole story, just snippits that did not elaborate fully. Not one person has mentioned the most important part, the marshall blogged about losing the fish on day one. Seemed obvious he established himself in the area as does most anglers on the elites do at most every tournament in crowded places. He just had a run of bad luck. Personnally I like DB better than JVD so im not partial to JVD. Just thought there was pertinent info ignored or not read.

Was JVD fishing the exact spot DB had been fishing or the general area? If it was exact spot he deserves a whip.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: grout-scout] #6314525 06/20/11 03:51 PM
drharvey Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
exact is relative. the photos i saw from the helicopter looked like 80 yards or so. JVD stated he was never two casts from DB bouy marker.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide