Forums59
Topics1,042,347
Posts14,016,321
Members144,281
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: ChanceHuiet] #6287327 06/12/11 08:47 AM
A
AR0G Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
why didnt JVD fish on day 1?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: AR0G] #6287357 06/12/11 11:15 AM
D
dflipper Offline
Angler
Angler
D
I've never met Denny but on t.v. he seems pretty arrogant at times..almost like an old man at work that has been doing a great job for 30 years and don't like to see the young hard workers come in and steal his glory. My. 02. But he does have that Dale Earnhardt Mustache...maybe the intimidator of bass fishing?

"Money well spent Jake, both times!!!" -Gus McCray
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: ChanceHuiet] #6287381 06/12/11 12:02 PM
joeycan24 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: quackills05
If jvd woulda had good first day he be leadin..its just eatin denny up knowin the young guy is catchin fish and aint scared of him. Go jvd

That's kind of a weird thing to say, if that was a semi-sensible quote you could also say if Denny had a better day 3 he would still be in 1st..... Could woulda shoulda???

My opinion is- Denny probably dealt with it the 2nd day after JVD caught a good limit and made the cut to take home 10k. I do not see any reason to come back into an area and crowd the leader when he is leading by 10 pounds, on a place where a lot of guys didn't have 10 pounds in 2 days. JVD is a young guy who really doesn't need to have people against him at this point. It's hard on people mentally to be earning your stripes and to have people pissed at you.

It will be interesting to see how JVD handles the pressure of spectator boats and the fact of knowing a real "hammer" is putting the pressure on him.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: dflipper] #6287409 06/12/11 12:21 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
To me whether he found it in practice isn't the biggest issue. There maybe several guys that found it in practice. On some lakes more than several. They are pretty good at pickign a body of water apart.

To me it's what happens the first day.

If JVD has that as a primary area he is considering and chooses to go elsewhere on the start of the first day while Denny goes there and catches them then JVD has to respect that as the area Denny is fishing. He would be thinking, "darn I made a bad decision, Denny smoked them. I should have gone to that area, I knew it was good."

However, if Denny gets there first on the first day because he drew a lower flight number and JVD goes there as his first spot then JVD's probably going to fish closer than he would if he just shows up there later in the day.

Now he could work with Denny on fishing the area. If Denny choose not to then in the future he can't expect any consideration from JVD. Some will work together some won't. How many years Denny has fished BASS vs how many years JVD has fished BASS has nothing to do with it.

Same thing that happened on Pickwick. They all knew where Hite was fishing. Plenty knew that was a good area. Once Hite estabilished that area then they respected that. I believe Keith Poche fished close but he was there from day one also.

On a Lake like Conroe that's only 22,000 acres, there are guys who have a waypoint on just about every area that someone has caught a fish. That doesn't allow them to fish a area that someone else is already on. Well at least it should not.

A hard thing to determine is how big is a "Area". How close should you be fishing to someone? Everybody has a different out look on that. Usually I would say its at least several casts. Also depends on how he's working the area and the nature of the area. Is it one sweet spot or is it a huge grass bed. Not fishing for the same fish is a factor also. Better to just totally go somewhere else.

You really can't pass judgement on whats going on between Denny and JVD without knowing all the factors. Too many variables.

I don't believe BASS has any rules about fishing close to each other. Some tournaments do. That doesn't necessarily help keep such situations from happening.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: dflipper] #6287424 06/12/11 12:33 PM
T
Troyz Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: dflipper
I've never met Denny but on t.v. he seems pretty arrogant at times..almost like an old man at work that has been doing a great job for 30 years and don't like to see the young hard workers come in and steal his glory. My. 02. But he does have that Dale Earnhardt Mustache...maybe the intimidator of bass fishing?

I just really don't think Denny is worried about someone stealing his glory. I have met Denny and he is very nice to talk with and very friendly. Denny has been fishing at the professional level for about 30 years, had knee replacement surgery, had a few back surgeries and at 62 years of age is still competing with the best of them. Never met JVD and have no idea if he is hard working or not.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Troyz] #6287446 06/12/11 12:51 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Sorry, but whoever gets there first, that water is fair game. I do not believe in crowding in, either. That's why, in this professional sport, you had better be fully prepared to deal with every condition you may face. Have more than one or two spots to fish, period. cry cry cry cry

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Okie Poke] #6287659 06/12/11 02:53 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
What if it were KVD that stoped first

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: jwatts77] #6287772 06/12/11 03:55 PM
Dude Lebowski Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: C.A.S.T.
A lot depends on the water and fish available when it comes to crowding. If there are alot of fish in a small area, guys will tolerate crowding. When it comes to not so many fish and small areas, it gets testy! Now if a guy is not in contention for the win and he's crowding the leader he needs to do a self assesment! Crowding the leader when you're a middle of the pack contender is pretty ballsy to say the least, no matter who you are!!!

I agree with this. There should be an unwritten rule to give the leaders space.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Dude Lebowski] #6287783 06/12/11 04:01 PM
Fish Killer Online Happy
Big Sexy
Online Happy
Big Sexy
Rules or no rules, there is something called respect.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Okie Poke] #6287819 06/12/11 04:21 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Sorry, but whoever gets there first, that water is fair game. I do not believe in crowding in, either. That's why, in this professional sport, you had better be fully prepared to deal with every condition you may face. Have more than one or two spots to fish, period. cry cry cry cry

So if its a two day tournament and you know the leader caught them in a certain spot you are ok with the first boat out or fastest boat blasting over there?

It does not have to be against the rules to be wrong.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 06/12/11 04:22 PM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Fishspanker] #6287853 06/12/11 04:45 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
JVD said he fished the area within eyesight of Denny on the first day. he also said he jumped off two big fish and was revamping his tackle so he wouldnt lose them the next day. this was on the live weighin the first day

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: BoomBoom] #6287962 06/12/11 05:37 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: BoomBoom
Basically he said he was very proud of Brandon Palaniuk for backing off his spot yesterday. They talked this morning and Brandon realized Denny was on the fish to win the tournament. Brauer said that it takes cooperation like that to win tournaments these days. Then he mentioned that another angler wasn't as polite and Denny couldn't fish the sweet spot because of him. Then he said that angler was JVD.

Denny is in the right. It's a pretty common courtesy among the pro's. The DEFINITELY all do it for KVD......so why doesn't Denny get this respect?

It's wrong to crowd someone no matter if it's fair or not.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: woppercatcher] #6287987 06/12/11 05:50 PM
J
jranger Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
If denny was there the frist day, JVD had no business being there, if he know about that hole he wouldn't have zeroed the frist day, its called respecting someone water. I know people that will do it, it's not right i call it chicken____ .

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: jranger] #6287996 06/12/11 05:55 PM
J
jranger Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I have had it happen to me and it sucks, when u seat there and watch someone else sit there and catch fish that you had been catching, and they were no where around until they find out where you are fishing

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: jranger] #6288015 06/12/11 06:09 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: jranger
If denny was there the frist day, JVD had no business being there, if he know about that hole he wouldn't have zeroed the frist day, its called respecting someone water. I know people that will do it, it's not right i call it chicken____ .

+1

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide