Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: Chad711] #6155287 05/07/11 01:21 AM
Fatalwishes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: Chad711
The stupidest thing I have done so far was on one of those days where nothing is going right. The day before the fishing was awesome, everything was just going right. Never hanging up, didn't lose any fish or lures, perfect!

Next day, snags, losing fish, the ones that would bite, losing lures left and right, etc.

Well I had my very last sun perch chatterbait tied on and had a cut in my line and had to pull line off and then re-tie it. I pulled all the bad line out, cut lure off, tied it back on and threw the lure into the water. As I get up and grab my reel I see the old line going over...to late lost it. I tied it to the other end of the bad line! LOL

LOL I did the exact same thing today with a black and blue jig at grapevine today. Tied the prettiest knot on it, threw it overboard, picked up the pole......nothing but string.

freak

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: fish fear me] #6155310 05/07/11 01:26 AM
Fatalwishes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: fish fear me
I know a guy that was getting ready to leave the dock one morning before sun up and decided to put on some sunscreen. He reached in the glove box and grabbed what he thought was sunscreen. He covered his arms and face with it, he rubbed it in real good.

Several hours later he went to the marina for lunch, standing in line he could smell a nasty smell but he just played it off as a marina smell. He did notice a few people looking at him but didn't put it together in his head.

That night when he got home his wife pointed out that he was stinking up the place. He went out to his boat and looked in the glove box.

He found a bottle of crawfish fish attractant, no sunscreen.

Was he sunburned lol?

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: Fatalwishes] #6155331 05/07/11 01:33 AM
C
chawk3101 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Today I was coming in beached the boat started to the pickup and turned around and my boat was gone the wind blowed it away lucky for someone across the lake caught it and brought it back for me.

Fishing for Christ
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: chawk3101] #6155363 05/07/11 01:48 AM
E
elkhartdom Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
E
the list never ends, bilge plugs left out, transom savers on, ratchet ties still on, power pole left down, how bout you haull back to throw, suddenly its very heavy, when you reel in, you cell phone you had on your windshield is now clinging to your lure......top that one lol

at the sound of my name, fish tremble
HI HO SILVER AWAY!!!ranger Z521,250 sho,black and silver
TD: BMET 6263
http://theboatcentertx.com
bmoet@facebook
"I humble myself before God, there the list ends" Sam Houston
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: elkhartdom] #6155439 05/07/11 02:08 AM
B
Bassenmyer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
1.Took off from the house, stopped at the store to get a moon pie and I was dragging my extension cord. 2. Same situation but left my motor down, skeg was filed down pretty good. 3. My old driveway was on an incline unhooked my boat but didn't choke the wheels pull away and my boat rams into the back of my truck

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: Bassenmyer] #6155518 05/07/11 02:29 AM
S
snmcc Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Just got threw pulling the extension cord.....I really need to remember to unplug that.

Boatless for minute
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: snmcc] #6155537 05/07/11 02:36 AM
E
elkhartdom Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
E
Originally Posted By: snmcc
Just got threw pulling the extension cord.....I really need to remember to unplug that.

been there, done that, forgot that one bang

at the sound of my name, fish tremble
HI HO SILVER AWAY!!!ranger Z521,250 sho,black and silver
TD: BMET 6263
http://theboatcentertx.com
bmoet@facebook
"I humble myself before God, there the list ends" Sam Houston
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: elkhartdom] #6155568 05/07/11 02:45 AM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Measure a fish then throw it back instead of putting it in livewell spool a reel on the trolling motor and jump in the lake for a rod with my cellphone in my pocket atleast I got the rod tho

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: Chad711] #6155620 05/07/11 02:57 AM
M
Mike_Soriano Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
The stupidest thing I have done so far was on one of those days where nothing is going right. The day before the fishing was awesome, everything was just going right. Never hanging up, didn't lose any fish or lures, perfect!

Next day, snags, losing fish, the ones that would bite, losing lures left and right, etc.

Well I had my very last sun perch chatterbait tied on and had a cut in my line and had to pull line off and then re-tie it. I pulled all the bad line out, cut lure off, tied it back on and threw the lure into the water. As I get up and grab my reel I see the old line going over...to late lost it. I tied it to the other end of the bad line! LOL

LMFAO!! i did something similar with a chatterbait..thought i figured something out and sat down to retie a few rods..pull out a lipless and a chatterbait and lay them on the deck..as im tying my lipless on i get the notion to change my chatterbait trailer..tie on the lipless..set it back down,and all the thinking about the chatterbait..pick it up and throw it overboard thinking i just tied it on.

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: elkhartdom] #6155663 05/07/11 03:09 AM
T
tallnhairy Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: elkhartdom
the list never ends, bilge plugs left out, transom savers on, ratchet ties still on, power pole left down, how bout you haull back to throw, suddenly its very heavy, when you reel in, you cell phone you had on your windshield is now clinging to your lure......top that one lol

Not mine (exactly) but picture this: 1983, magnetic baitcasters were the new rage. One of my buddies in school spent over $50 for a new Diawa combo like some sorta high-roller. We head out to the creek with my oldest brother and we're fishing with limited success when all of a sudden my head is whipped around and I feel an ungodly burning sensation in my right ear from the treble hook on the 1\4 oz. Shyster that my buddy tried to toss across the creek.
Long story short, I cut the line and we drove home with the freaking lure dangling from my ear. When we got home I tried to extract it and finally ended up cutting it out with a razor blade. Still have the scar\notch to prove it...

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: Chad711] #6155669 05/07/11 03:12 AM
B
Black Bass Blake Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

Ah that was funny

"A parent is only as good as they're dumbest child. If one wins the Nobel Peace Prize, but the other gets robbed by a hooker you failed"
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: EpicBirdnest] #6155819 05/07/11 03:59 AM
C
Chad711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: EpicBirdnest

damn. i laughed but i can imagine at the time you were throwing out some f-bombs...

oh man I was so mad. I was trying to hold back the normal f bombs as that was my first day fishing with my new buddy, BarnDoor Blake. Good ole Blake was there to see all that go down. I'm pretty sure Blake was laughing inside much harder then he was on the out side. grin

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: DKennimer] #6155832 05/07/11 04:03 AM
E
EpicBirdnest Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted By: Just wet a hook!
hahaha just last weekend at Fork, I was soo excited to get on the water, I just backed up my trailer into the water without taking my transom saver, taking the straps off and getting all my rods out of my truck. Man did I feel like a dumba$$!

this is funny!!!

was anyone else around or in line waiting?

2004 Skeeter ZX-250 300 HP Yamaha VMAX HPDI

"The Girl Scouts just called...they want their hookset back."
Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: bradnitro175] #6155950 05/07/11 04:48 AM
B
Brad Dunn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
Measure a fish then throw it back instead of putting it in livewell

Guilty of this one. Was fishing one of my customers company tournaments on Ray Roberts when it was a slot lake. Measured a short one and threw it back. Man did I feel smart.

Re: Dumb Things You Do Yourself... [Re: EpicBirdnest] #6155971 05/07/11 04:54 AM
G
Guns Up Offline
Angler
Angler
G
back before i owned a boat, My dad and i borrowed my grand dads 73 bomber boat tri hull. we did this about every other weekend to go catch hybrids out of brownwood. Started backing the boat down to the water with dad sitting in the drivers seat when i looked up and he was gone. The boat was on one of those easy loader trailers with all rollers and yes you guessed it the boat was siting on the ramp twenty feet from the water. Guess we undid to many straps and chains. oops! wish i had a picture of this but it was priceless. took us an hour and 5 people to get the boat lifted up on the trailer enough to get it in the water. we caught a ton of hybrid that day too!!!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide