Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613475 09/18/03 05:09 AM
H
Henry Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Sand,
Cant make it this weekend, but will probably be there on the 27th with TOO i hope.

Let us know how you do.

------------------

Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613476 09/18/03 11:36 AM
R
Ragman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Where is the "TFF Share Album"? I want to see Too's rig.
Thanks!

------------------
Ragman
<*)))>< <*))>< <'>< <'><

[This message has been edited by tommy t (edited 09-18-2003).]

Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613477 09/18/03 04:43 PM
C
Cochese Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
http://groups.msn.com/TFFShareAlbum

Click on 'Pictures' on the left-side menu.

Matt "Cochese" Zuniga
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613478 09/18/03 11:53 PM
L
Lady_Red Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Hello again,

If ya'll are thinking of coming down here to the Corpus Christi/Port A area, keep an eye on the weather. It has rained and been raining ALOT. Hwy 361 between Port A and Corpus Christi was shut down yesterday. Winds are just howling.

Just an FYI.

Lady_Red

"You might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore, but in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door." Redneck Woman(Gretchen Wilson)
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613479 09/19/03 02:48 AM
TOO Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
Hey that was an expensive camera I borrowed. A Sony Mavica, I think. It doesn't take good close pictures, and I did warn you.........the bobber stop is dacron fly line backing tied in a nail knot on a tube. They got them at Academy. Wally world, etc, I buy the material and tie my own ......just trim the excess fairly close to the line to keep it from catching up on the spool. The weight is an 1/2 oz, anyhting less with the piggies and it may not pull the line down to the bobber-stop. I've used 3/4 oz at times.........swivel is your standard barrel swivel, I like to use the ball bearing type, a good sized, but not too big........the bead between the float and the bobber-stop is to stop the float, without it the bobber-stop can get pulled into the tube of the float or through it and then you can't drift at the depth you set it at.......the bead stops at the bobber-stop and then the float stops and the bead.........it is absolutely critical to have it there or you'll get a free-sliding float with this set-up...........when the nail knot bobber-stop is bunched up on your main line areally snug, you can still slide it up and down the line to the depth you want.....another option is to use the thin brown rubber band. Cut it and tie a overhand knot really snug above the top bead, snipe it with nail-cutters with about an 1/8 of an inch left on the tag ends. It will slode up and down like the nail knot, but can come undone and sometimes the pressure of the float pushing it while underwater can make it slide up higher than you set it. I prefer the line bobber-stop........BTW, this set up was shown to me about 15 years ago, I modified it to use the dasron nail knot b.s., and using a wide-gap hook. They will almost never get hooked up on the rocks if the hook gets into them........then when you need to real up, the bait comes straight up to the float and then you can bring it through the rocks and up to cast again.......this rig is awesome for those that walk the jetties, for a boat it works great but there are other rigs that work well also. Hope this helped.

Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613480 09/19/03 04:54 AM
S
sandaflores@sbcglobal.net Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
LADY RED the wife and I are going to Port A in the morning, I've been keeping a watch on the weather and I know it will rain. We're supposed to get some rain here in S.A. So I don't know, if it gets too bad we may cancel. But I'm dying to catch one of those big ol' reds. We will be camping out on the beach close to beach road #2, hopefully it won't run us off.

------------------
Alex

Alex
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613481 09/19/03 05:02 AM
S
sandaflores@sbcglobal.net Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Cochese you still going? Hope the rain don't run us off, I'm going to try and hang in there. Hope to see you out there. REMEMBER: LOOK FOR THE BIG RED TARP!!

------------------
Alex

Alex
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613482 09/19/03 07:30 AM
L
Lady_Red Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Sandaflores,

If I'm able to make it out there, I may look out for that big red tarp and drop by and say hi if ya'll dont mind.
I hope Mother Nature will ease up. Gotta kill the pain!

Fish Hard-
Lady_Red

"You might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore, but in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door." Redneck Woman(Gretchen Wilson)
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613483 09/19/03 04:11 PM
C
Cochese Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Well the forecast is calling for rain/thunderstorms...but I just can't sit around another weekend

Hopefully it's not *too* bad out there; I don't mind getting rained on (already wet from standing in the surf, eh ) but will have to sit it out if there's lightning.

*crosses fingers*

Matt "Cochese" Zuniga
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613484 09/20/03 06:08 AM
C
Cochese Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Putting it off until Monday...better chance for no rain, plus less crowds.

Matt "Cochese" Zuniga
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613485 09/20/03 02:41 PM
P
pscottjr Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Good idea Cochese. I was hoping that the rain, etc. may leave the coast by tommorrow so I could sneak down there and do some "practice" fishing before next weekend.

I did make TOO's Slip-Float Jetty Rig last night. I took a picture and sent to TOO to post up to the share album, if he wants. Since the rig is on the main line (except from swivel to hook end) I would suggest one starts making the rig from the bobber stopper end down. Threading the bead, float, egg weight, bead; tie to swivel; then leader to hook.

I was thinking about an easier way to have this setup ready but, even if you set the rig up and tied to main line with blood knot the bobber stopper would get hung on the knot.

Scottie

Thinking about this a little more I realized that since the bobber stopper probably would be much high up the line than the blood knot one could make the rig and have it ready. Tie to main line with blood knot. I may give it a try.

Well, maybe I should stop thinking abou this. The blood knot probably would stop the float from freely moving to the bobber stopper. Back to the coffee for me.

[This message has been edited by pscottjr (edited 09-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by pscottjr (edited 09-20-2003).]

Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613486 09/22/03 03:17 AM
TOO Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
I always have my coffee before trying to think, and even then it usually don't work...........Here's a suggestion for you scottie, if you want them pre-rigged. Run the leader set-up with hook and swivel, line, etc. Then run the bead, egg weight, cork, bead and bobber stop on the tube onto a length of non-mono string. Tie this line to the swivel w/leader. You will have a 2' section of line with everytthing in place, after you tie the non-mono line to the bobber-stop. When you need to rig or re-rig, just take out the rig, and cut the line tied to the bobber stop, run your fishing line through b-s,(remove the tube), bead, float, weight, tie to the swivel, and cut the line on the swivel. Adjust the float and Bam! You're ready to go. ..........about this weekend for everyone and anyone, suggest we meet at Billings bait stand under the JFK Causeway on Padre at 7 or so. We can decide whether to hit the beach or the bay from there......Staying at the Red ROOF on SPID........Trapper hope it's still on for you.

Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613487 09/22/03 03:59 AM
C
Cochese Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Well tomorrow is a bust for me...couldn't get any plans into action.

I *would* joint ya'll this coming weekend, but of course I have to work then

Just be sure to leave me a full bulls for the 4th/5th of Oct

Matt "Cochese" Zuniga
Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613488 09/23/03 02:09 AM
P
pscottjr Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Unless things change, we will be in Saturday afternoon around 4 p.m. I don't know how we will hook up? We will be ready to fish ASAP and Sunday. I can call your mobile.

Looks like (if they are ever right) the weather - Sat. - south 5-10kts early then to SE 10 -15 later. Looks like the bays are good. We are ready to go for jetties, piers, or bays. I would like to see deadman's hole. As the date gets closer I'll know better when we can leave SA.

Scottie

Re: Who's up for Redfish? #613489 09/23/03 02:48 AM
T
trapperben Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
TOO, you gotta cut me some slack, I'm from Lubbock, is SPID in Aransas? I plan on being there saturday time will depend on how things go here and when I get away friday night.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide