Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611151 06/27/04 03:35 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
RW, Sportsman Lodge.......they have 3, 2 and 1 room places. Yep, they got clean places. I'll contact them about it. Figure on the ladies in one of the roms and then we can split rooms between us.........had a for sale sign up back in April eek hopefully they'll be available in November.......It wasn't you that owed me a S.B.but I'll let you buy me one Thursday night. Bazz still hasn't bought me the S.B. from Tuna I. laugh .........I agree we can get piggies, I figure they'll make a bait stop on the way out for hardtails, etc. But some piggies the day before will be good. G.E. didn't have a livewell for bait last year. I'd think they'd do something portable at least if their running 6 of those 48 hour trips this winter.........oh yeah, on the spring snapper trip the lady from Arkansas caught the boats piggies at night under lighted areas off the dock. Caught a bunch, too. So after dark guess we can still catch them.
Departure is 6 am on Friday, November 12th return Saunday, 14th, 6 am. I'm going to try to push the time forward a bit say 8 am or so, so we can stay a bit later out there after dark Saturday night. Would guess 10 pm or so is when the fishing would be over with a 8 am departure and return. but that's just a guess here......don't know about Txbiker and meals, I'll see if I can reach him. I bought a case last year so I'm still good to go. laugh ......yep the breakfast does sound good. Don't know if anyone can top Hardheads better half eating like she did after Tuna II. 'Course she had a emmpty stomach for about 22 hours. shocked

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611152 06/27/04 08:41 PM
T
Txbiker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
hey guys . sorry bout not being around much or answering e-mails . Life has been getting in the way of living . i am picking up MRE next weekend . I will be down there that wekend . Too, if there is a spot I'll send Dep. tues .
The economy is doing good . I am covered up with work . plus children problems . but I just keep doing things one day at a time .

The ability to ride off into the sunset is courage measured in seconds
Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611153 06/27/04 11:20 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
one day at a time is all it takes, i had to restart my life a few months back. learned some life lessons from it all, hope you are able to make the trip. Who else is gonna be able to keep up with me on the piggie perch competition...I may have to slow it down a little this year so ol Bazztex can keep up...hehe :p :p :p

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611154 06/28/04 04:21 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Willie/TOO: I can bring some Hand Cleaner Wipes that have Citrus Cleaner for everyone that wants to take a Cat bath. They are also great for getting fish slime and bait stink off your paws!! laugh

_ You got CRS..I bought you that Shiner Bock at the resturant...2 of them..1 for each trip remember!! :p

_ No MRE's for me thanks.I think I'm gonna eat Deer Sausage, Cheese, and Crackers...I'll get the Big Box of Crackers again!! laugh

_Good Luck Fishin and Catch A Big'un Yall!! wink

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611155 06/28/04 10:51 PM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Got Breambusters deposit today. We are at 14 saying they'll go if I read Txbikers post correct. You are in correct, Hoss? If not then 13. Still need deposits from Beto's, Beto's girl girl, Bass'Aggie, and Bassfreaks. We will go to 15 if anyone else wants to join.
I've good plenty of MRE's left, but others need to jumb on it if they want some. Bazz, I'm thinking it was some other good looking person you bought a S.B. for, I'm still dry from the last two years. laugh
I figure we should see if the Sportsman lodge will take our reservations for the night before and then hold our stuff in one room until we get back. Make the logistics better for leaving stuff secure. Plus maybe give us a place to shower before the trip back. Worth looking into I figure.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611156 06/29/04 01:36 AM
breambuster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
TOO/Willie--you beat me to the punch on that one. Was going to email you with me sending the deposit early Saturday morning.

I'll buy you that ShinerB, matter of fact 2 or 3 of them for getting me in this trip of yalls!

Just came back from my offshore trip yesterday (Sunday) w/Capt. Elliots (private charter)and, Oh my gosh, we knocked the fire out of AJ's or maybe I should say, they knocked it out of us! I was amazed to see them use a 3-4 pound hardtail and rainbow runner for bait! Biggest was my nephew's at 60 lbs. and mine was 52. I definitely got to start eating more Wheaties for sure!

Those arrangements if possible to hold our things and be able to clean-up after is a great move...I'm in on that one.

No MRE's for me...I can bring some deer summer sausage w/jalapenos & cheese, crackers and cheese. I believe I'm out of deer jerky and Slim Jims too.

Chris

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611157 06/29/04 01:58 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
i need 2 mre for myself- no particular flavor, just somethin to fill my belly! kinda like the fat dude off Austin Powers:"Get in my BELLY!" FIgure the cheese crackers, sausage, and ribbonfish(when ya'll arent looking). THe ribbonfish is my secret- so if ya want, you can try it....lol! I AM READY TO GO! are we there yet, are we there yet, are we ther yet. Oh yeah! Speaking of that- I was wonderin if anyone wants to team up and carpool. I can carry 4 folks, with gear, and coolers(have a rack that goes on the back of the Yukon. nice ,big, roomy seats. I live in Arlington and will be going down early(3am) thursday morning. should put me down there right at noon on thursday.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611158 06/29/04 03:34 AM
T
Txbiker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Yes you heard right TOO . I'll get a hold of you in day or two on the phone . will send snail maiil tommorrow . I'll be bringing deer summersausage too . I'll slice it and vac pac it .

The ability to ride off into the sunset is courage measured in seconds
Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611159 06/29/04 05:28 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
woohoo! Hey TXBIKER. got an extra offshore rig if ya want to borrow it- a little better than the boat rods.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611160 06/29/04 05:31 PM
breambuster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Got a question for everyone on this trip. Are we fishing open water or we around any underwater structure so to snag a grouper, vermilion and lane snapper? Did yall just bring in BF, YF and AJ's from the trip last year?

Just wondering because I know the red snapper season will be closed but not for other species of snapper. That's a 2-day limit for those if we get the opportunity.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611161 06/29/04 07:44 PM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey BreamBuster: Yes we will most likely be fishing some rocks and some floating drill platforms.

_The only time We've had them stop & fished open waters was on Shrimp Boat's that were culling their catch to see if they could draw the Tuna up with chum.

_You should be able to get on some Grouper, AJ's, Lane, Grey, Vermillion, or Dog Snapper out on the Rocks if we stop for bait or Deep Water Rigs.

_Last year we had a Mixed Bag of Kings, Shark, 1 Blackfin with some Grey and Vermillion Snapper. We had 6-8ft seas and never got into the Black or Yellow Fins mostly due to not being able to get around. We only did a 24Hour trip so we were limited to what the weather for that day allowed. We should have better luck with the Tuna this time on the 48hr trip with more time to fish. laugh

_Good Luck and Catch A Big'un Yall!! wink

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<& lt;

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611162 06/30/04 04:26 PM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Got Txbiker and Beto as in. Puts us at 13 if we hear from Bas'Aggie and Joann. If not we are at 11. Need 2-3 more folks, I'm thinking.
BB, the overall way of doing the 48 is as I understand run out to the floaters (which takes most of the day) with a stop or two at somewhere to try to catch bait, hardtails, etc. Fish evening through the night for tuna. If the bite slows then run in a ways to rigs for AJ's, and bottom fish (b-liners, greys, etc.) run back out to the floaters in the evening and fish for tuna again then head in, I'm guessing, about 10 pm. Grescobia has done the longe range trips and knows this drill better, along with Earl, Txseadog, Ragman and others. They'll be able to correct any errors of mine. We're going to have a great trip.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611163 06/30/04 04:32 PM
breambuster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
TOO/Willie,
I was noticing that there's some folks that have planned to go on this trip that I may have "knocked out" from going with me paying the deposit. I don't want someone who had planned to go and not be able to if I have taken their spot over. Should I drop out so that no one is left out who originally wanted to go? Please let me know...I don't want any of these fine folks upset with me for doing this. I have been so wrapped up in my trip last weekend and getting to go on this one, it just now crossed my mind.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611164 07/01/04 03:24 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
BB, you are not "cutting in" on anybody. I've gotten an email from Beto, he'll be going solo for this trip and is sending the deposit. With him, Txbiker, and if Bass'Aggie and Joann finally commit, we would be at 13. I got another email from another TFF'er(another bass guy eek ) regarding the 14th and 15th spot. Others that have asked have not committed so with the exception of the two girls, it's first come first serve. Three guys have had to pull out. Understandable, and those that jump at the chance get to go. I give the girls a little more lee-way because not many ladies would do what they do. They got my utmost respect for fishing like they do.
That said I'm going to have to call the ball on them soon. We need the last 3 deposits, so I can send the deposit to DSH. Don't worry, you did nothing wrong.

Re: Tres Tuna Checklist (deposits too) #611165 07/01/04 05:17 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Willie: I sent then two Bass'N Gals a Memo about contacting you. We cant go OffShore with out the Two Time Big Fish and Original TFF Tuna Champ "Bass'N Aggie" (Maggie) and Super Woman.. Bass'N Freak (JoJo)!! Who else am I gonna get to Whooooop my Big Fish for me when I get too tired to reel'em in??? laugh

_Bream Buster you're welcome to go bud...we need some New Serious Tuna Heads on this trip. We've had our share of Chummers!! LoL!! No offence to them that got sick..My Heart goes out to them..it was rough both trips! eek That last one was Up there with some of my 70's N/Carolina East Coast winter trips where 6-8ft was normal and we got into bigger a few times. I was a Young Crazy Marine closer to Skeeter Ronnie's age back then too!! I'm just Old and Crazy now LoL!! I just wanna see all them that never had a 60+ Lb AJ or Tuna Light Them Reels Up for the first time!! What a Rush...It will ruin you for life!! :p

_Sk-Ronnie...you know who the Bull Piggy Masters are already (TOO & Rogue Wave). I took it easy on Yall last year...the gloves are off this time and I'm gunnin for Ya Bud!! I got the Piggy Mojo going for me this year...you'll see! laugh

_See All Yall TFF Tres Tuna Heads There!! wink

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide