I have a cabin and upgraded rental boat reserved for Saturday, May 28 through Saturday, June 4 in Nestor Falls, Ontario Canada on Sabaskong Bay in Lake of the Woods. The person that was supposed to go with me has crapped out and I would still like to go on the trip...shared expenses.

We could either drive up with boat in tow (I live in Plano) or we could fly into MSP (Minneapolis)to arrive around 10 or 11 AM on Saturday, May 28th. I will rent a car/SUV and we would stop on 35N at a Walmart somewhere on the way up for food and other necessities and arrive at the cabin which is on the water and on the road (RT 71) in Nestor Falls around 6PM on Saturday.

We would fish from Sunday to the following Friday night and leave Nestor Falls at around 6AM on Saturday and drive back to MSP for a flight back home around 4 PM on Saturday, June 4. The expenses of the cabin, the boat, the boat fuel, all car expenses etc...will be split equally.

Fish in LOTW include walleye, pike, muskie, smallmouth, largemouth, perch, and crappie. I prefer to fish for walleye using various walleye methods but when using a jig and minnow or plastic you can catch anything in the lake. I also like to troll some and I also like to cast crankbaits so I am a pretty versatile fisherman. . I am a good conversationalist and am a pretty hard core fisherman in that I like to get out early and get back late although I am also flexible. I do not smoke or drink and I do not mind a smoking partner but no drunks please.

Nestor Falls has at least two restaurants so if we don't cook what we catch, we can always eat at the restaurant. The rental boat is an 18 footer with a new 50HP 4 stroke, depth finder, front trolling motor, livewells, and fully floored. You won't find a rental boat like these anywhere in the northwoods. I have been going to Nestor Falls for about 25 years so I know the lake quite well.

If we drive up with boat in tow, we would have to leave on Thursday, May 26, stay in a hotel on Thursday night and Friday night and arrive into Nestor Falls around 1PM on Saturday, May 28. We would fish Saturday afternoon through the following Friday night and leave Nestor Falls around 6 AM on Saturday, June 4th and arrive back in Plano around 7PM on Sunday, June 5th.

Too many other details to list. Anyone interested please call Alan at 214-697-5661. Dates can be flexible but would prefer to go this particular week as most fish in the lake will still be pretty shallow and the weather should be pretty good. If you have a good boat and would prefer to bring that, that would work as well.

If you have never been up to Sunset Country you will have to just take my word on how good the fishing is and how good the scenery and wildlife is, and how nice the people are. You will not be sorry you took this trip. Who knows, could become an annual thing for many years to come!

Last edited by muskieman; 04/22/11 05:00 AM.