Forums59
Topics1,041,841
Posts14,007,670
Members144,267
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat #6073494 04/15/11 04:37 PM
Lowly Net Boy Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Guess I'll start this off, back in the late 70's, my partner and I (names are changed to protect the innocent) were fishing a night tournament on LOP, we were way up in the upper end by Hawn Point, I believe it was called, on a quarter moon, just a slight breeze, throwing buzz baits with some degree of success. Well we come around this little point and Billy hears a HUGE splash, feels something on his line, and sets the hook. Feeling a heavy object on the end,
he hollers to get the net. Now we are both standing there on the side on my boat looking at the water, expecting to see a good size bass, but then Billy says ,"turn on some lights something ain't right here". Here is where all hell breaks loose and within 30 seconds it was over. After the lights were turned on, we noticed that Billy's rod was bent towards the sky, I don't know who saw who first, but I remember saying OH ^%&$ and heading back to the trolling motor, turning around just in time to see an Owl with about a 6' wingspan and Billy getting to know each other up close and personal. Our best guess was that the Owl had hit the BBait on the retrieve, Billy set the hook in the Owls butt, now the fight was on to see who was gonna keep the buzzbait. Anyway after all the screams,hollering, lights flashing, a lot of choice words, rods being knocked in the lake and total thrashing about my boat, feathers and blood everywhere, Billy got his bait back and the Owl went on his way.
Me? All this time I was laughing my &^% off, then to top it off we were hit with several spot lights, seems like there were several boats nearby, heard the screams, thinking there was a woman in trouble and they came a running.
Course for the next 30-40 minutes we all had a few beers and laughed so hard it I was sore for 3 days. Billy never fished with me again for some reason.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Lowly Net Boy] #6074793 04/15/11 09:51 PM
H
H-D Dad Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Ihad a similar situation. I was on Fayette fishing by the dam. I made a long cast paralell. I did'nt notice the flock of water tukey's in the rocks. When my c-rig flew by them, they took to the air. One of them got caught in my line. When he reached the end of the line,all tangled up,he dove in the lake and the fight was on. The funny part was,about 4 boats stopped to watch me fight a world record blue marlin. After what seemed like eternity I got him close enough to cut my leader and off he went. I can only imagine what those people in those other boats were thinking.

Wes

Wes
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: H-D Dad] #6075502 04/16/11 01:50 AM
T
TheGizzard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Peed in a bottle cause fishing is good.But not number,yet.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: TheGizzard] #6075529 04/16/11 01:58 AM
T
TheGizzard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
That was number 2,I say.Sound like foghorn leghorn huh.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: TheGizzard] #6075533 04/16/11 01:59 AM
B
Bass Junkie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Something about birds and Fayette. Cast to the shore about the same time a buzzard swooped down. T-rigged hooked on to the buzzard, spooled me and then went straight down into the water. Luckily it broke off before we got close to it or that could had been a nasty scene.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Bass Junkie] #6075660 04/16/11 02:43 AM
M
mstring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I took a friend out for the first time to Lavon. After about 30 minutes of fishing I heard him say from the back of the boat, hey, whats all this water back here. It was coming up through the drains in the floor. I went to the back and opened a hatch to investigate and when I turned around he was standing on the bow as far as he could go. It seems when doing some work back there a few days before I had knocked one of the livewell fill hoses off. I put the hose back on, turned on the bilge pump and we went back to fishing.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: mstring] #6076687 04/16/11 03:30 PM
W
WCLBASS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
I made a cast towards the bank that was intercepted by a large bullfrog while a t-rig worm was in flight.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: WCLBASS] #6076712 04/16/11 03:41 PM
D
Dewayne H Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
a old mud of mine only had one pole in the boat and went to make a cast and snagged my cap with a slab fliped in right into the lake he sat there 45min. dig on a backlash while i was on top water action sandbass He was so so mad

FISH ON DEE.
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: WCLBASS] #6076716 04/16/11 03:43 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Lt. Dan
Lt. Dan
T
Wifey and I were crappie fishing last year and caught a duck. Had to reel him in, gently as possible, get him on board and remove the hook. He was pretty cool once on board, hopped off the elevated deck to the floor, looked around, walked to the edge of the boat and back into the water. Got some good pics as well.

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods
Holding The Line Guide Service
www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: TreeBass] #6077146 04/16/11 08:13 PM
W
William64 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
My brother, dad and I was in my dad's little 16ft aluminum boat trying to catch some bass when we saw a snake swimming. My brother and I bet who could snag the snake with our top water lures. My brother caught it and reeled to the boat when my dad said "Now that you caught it, what you going to do with it". He proceeded to reel it in and then he picked up a pattle and swung it at the snake. I turned around and noticed he was hitting the snake in my direction. I've never tried catching a snake since.

formally known cat tracker / dodgeman

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: William64] #6077162 04/16/11 08:29 PM
Stompy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I don't remember all the story cause I was about 6 at the time. What I do remember is my dad and a couple of uncles, a trot line, a snake, a 12 gauge and a hole in the bottom of the Jon boat. I was on shore with my cousins, and I heard words coming from the creek that night that I had never heard before...

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Stompy] #6077282 04/16/11 09:36 PM
W
William64 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted By: Stompy
I don't remember all the story cause I was about 6 at the time. What I do remember is my dad and a couple of uncles, a trot line, a snake, a 12 gauge and a hole in the bottom of the Jon boat. I was on shore with my cousins, and I heard words coming from the creek that night that I had never heard before...

rolfmao

formally known cat tracker / dodgeman

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: William64] #6078305 04/17/11 04:00 AM
L
LumberKat Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Not funny at the time, but I can laugh about it now. I was fishing alone and got a crank bait stick in a tree limb that was over hanging the bank. I yanked the crankbait free and it came flying at me. I turned my body as it flew towards me. It got embedded in my right butt cheek not too deep but stuck in my pants. I had to drive the boat to a nearby marina while standing and got a guy that works in the marina to pull it out. He just about fell on the ground laughing when I walked in with the bait haning from my back side.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: LumberKat] #6081094 04/18/11 03:14 AM
N
NTXSlab Hunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
My wife is an incredible fisher woman. She has fished all over the world and out fishes me EVERY time..but, she is also a lil prim and proper. We had my center console out during crappie spawn and I was backed to the rocks with my transom 6' from the bank. she had the bow and I was in the back. I was catching and she wasn't and hollered she had to pee. Bank full of fishermen..boats everywhere I told her squat down between the seats and pee in a bucket..not gonna happen. It starts getting dark and folks are leaving and she finally says she has got to go for it. Well I hear her and then don't hear a sound and I hollered to see if she was alright and I can't understand a word she is saying so she stands straight up with her drawers around her ankles and starts talking so I can hear her. There is a guy jigging on the rocks about 20 ' from her and he grins ..waves .. and sheepishly says,"hi". She falls in the bucket and starts screaming for me to pull anchor that man had seen her naked. I wasn't going anywhere because I was finally out catching her so she laid in the floor until he was gone. I now have permission to buy a bigger boat w/head. Every time I go fishing I look for that guy..haven't bought the boat though.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: NTXSlab Hunter] #6082683 04/18/11 04:37 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
My two brothers and I were fishing for crappie on Alan Henry. They were fishing opposite sides at the back of the boat. Don't ask me how it happened, but somehow their two hooks became tangled. One brother starts to reel in and the other thinking he has a bite sets the hook. Of course the other one thinking he has a bite, does the same. They both think they have hugh fish because their rods are bent. I finally see what is happening and almost had a heart attack from laughing so hard.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide