Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601701 04/15/03 03:24 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Was dealt a bad hand, but it's over and am back to relatively normal. I'm going fishing Fri-Sat, 25-26 or 26-27, Sat-Sun. USMCCD asked about fishing for reds. Would plan on wading in the morning, maybe a little nap then fish the jetties in the afternoon both days. Trout and reds in the morning then maybe big reds in the evening. How's that folks, anyone up for that?...... My other idea is show up Friday afternoon fish the jetties, then also Sat..... Wade Sat. and Sun morning, them head back. Prefer Friday- Sat, but open to others plans.........Let me know what fits, if anyone is interested.......Feels wierd. Been a long time to not be able to fish. Hope I remember how

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601702 04/15/03 11:09 PM
F
Fisherman Ed Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
TOO,

Where is Fish Pass located? Also, where do you plan on sleeping the one night that you are there? I might be interested. I live in the Austin area. Thanks

------------------
Ed Utley

Ed
Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601703 04/16/03 02:38 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Fish Pass is on Mustang Island, between Port Aransas and Padre Island. Bay side of Mustang Island State Park. I'm staying at Red Roof Inn most likely the one on IH 37 northside of C.C. Am staying 2 nights myself, your welcome to bunk along, others had said they're interested that weekend also. Hoping they can. If no-one else can or wants to go, I'm going down Thurs night coming back Sat. Got to taste a little salt.

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601704 04/16/03 03:32 AM
P
pscottjr Offline
Angler
Angler
P
TOO, I've been waiting for this post. I'm good Saturday for sure. As we have a Fiesta Parde coming in front of our restaurants on Friday about 2:30 - 3:00, Sat. looks great, Sun ok. (Also was just informed that I have a B-day party for my wife's friend Fri Night.)

Let's see Firday, Saturday, Sunday and then first Sunday in May. God I love it!

Count me in Sat & Sun. (4/26 & 4/27) I may be in Rockport Thurs - Sunday (5/1 - 5-4) I'm ready to fish with Minnesota. If I can I can fish different areas the days before Minnesota gets here so we can select the best.

It's yours TOO, lets us know when, where and what time! I'm depressed not fishing in the last few weeks. TOO, I'll buy you a lure to help you get over the withdrawls.

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601705 04/16/03 01:46 PM
cgstrange Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
TOO-I'll be in Port A on Fri night, going offshore for the first weekend of Red Snapper season. Ya'll should hop on a boat and get out for some snapper then head back for the bay stuff, hehehe. Anyways, what are you going to be doing on Friday night? We won't get in until late, but I'm planning on headed out to Horrace Caldwell on Fri night to see if I can't grab a shark or 2. I'll be there around 11pm or so. Since I'm not driving, I figured I'd fish most of the night and sleep on the boat ride in the morning. Anyways, it'd be cool to hook up if we can, but if not that's cool too (no pun intended). Either way, glad to see you're out of whatever you were in and back to fishing.

cgstrange

Cameron
Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601706 04/17/03 12:35 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Cg, your going to be down on the 26-27th? I'll be asleep by eleven, but I'll stop by O.A. and see the trip as it comes in. It's a 9 hour trip, correct? Gets back around 3:00 pm? If so I'll stop there and see the catch, maybe you'll have some of them nasty tuna that you can't eat. I'll take care of them for you. Then I'll truck on out to the jetties, for some reds, or somewhere for wading. You want to join us for wading on Sunday if I'm staying through then? I prefer Friday-Sat myself, but if Scottie and anyone else are only Sat Sunday, I'll go with those dates...........Might try Bob Hall pier on Padre Island. A lot further drive but better fishing IMO. Know that you might not want to go to far from the docks so the Caldwell pier might be a better deal.......If your going to fish all night might fish the pier by the Coast guard station. Big Gafftops are being caught right now. Some are 5-8 lbs. The crowds thin out after about 1 am......Either way I'll try to be at O.A. when it comes in. Good luck Saturday.

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601707 04/17/03 01:46 PM
cgstrange Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
TOO-that'd be cool to see you at the docks. It is a 9 hr trip so we should come in around 3 like you said. I wish I could stay around for some more fishing, but we're hitting the road right away believe it or not. I've been bitten by the saltwater bug and a very long, short trip (is that an oxymoron: )is all I can get away with right now. I'm hoping to get a good sized Red Snapper, hopefully a couple king fish and I've heard lots about the Jack Creavill being really thick right now. Just want a hard pull on my line and good table fare too. Thanks,

cgstrange

Cameron
Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601708 04/18/03 12:23 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Sorry scottie, answered Cg, and left you out. Got a million fishing things on my mind. I'll wait 'til this wekend to make my final plans on when, if your the only one going down I'll do the Fri and Sat night down there. If others hop on I'll adjust. The main thing is I'll be smelling the salt again and 5 months is too long. Appreciate the thought, but I need another lure like I need my teeth yanked. What I need is enough fishing to use my lures..........Looking forward to the slime from a speck and the sandpaper mouth of a red. Even the spike cut from the tail of a shrimp.......7 days and counting

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601709 04/18/03 04:54 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Willie/Too: Outstanding News!! I'm glad your gonna get the Salt Monkey off your back!!

_I would join yall but I have to practice for a Bass Tournament that weekend...Dang It!! I will make a trip or two down there this summer and Fall For November Tuna again though!!

_Great to hear your getting in the Salt again Buddy!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601710 04/19/03 01:10 PM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Thanks Bazz! Been hard but it had to be done. You come on down this summer and we'll hook up on some trout and reds. Current plan is to order my boat in mid-May. Not 100% done deal yet on that........Planning on late Oct for a tuna trip. I want a 24 hr trip. Know Freeport is closer for you, other Metroplexers, but O.A. offers the best flexibility. That acceptable to you? Would love to put only TFFers on it. Hope more will join than Feb............Was good it was cancelled, tuna have been poor except in the 115+ mile range. October will be a great month for tuna......Maybe a marlin or two.

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601711 04/19/03 11:33 PM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Willie/TOO: Yes October and O/A is great with me just so long as we get to go TUNA FISHING again. I just thought that Freeport might attract a bigger turn out with the many DFW Metro participants we have?? I guess Fall trips are a better choice since the Bass Tournament Season has wound down then.

_Good to here all is Well On The Home Front For You Too!! I will plan on hittting the Gulf in your New C/C Boat soon as you get it going and make the invite! Dont Forget TxBiker/Russel wants to go too!! He's ready to go from all the recent Emails I have had from him. Lady Red also says the Big Reds are showing up in the surf around Port A as well as the Specks. I miss the Salt but I have a Bass Tournament Trail to finish...it winds up in early June!!

_See All Yall Down South Soon...I Hope!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601712 04/20/03 01:43 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Bazz, When I finally do get my new boat, you, Bassn'Aggie, Bassfreak, Lady_Red, Scole, Rogue Wave, Txbiker, and any of the others from the first trip are welcome to fish w/me if wanting to.........Txbiker told us here he was really sick and would be out a while. About 6 months. Haven't heard from him in a while. Hope he's doing ok........Got no problem trying to go out of Freeport,but their boats usually have a number of reservations even as of now. We would most likely get the Lady Ana, have heard they fill the boat to the max even if it's privately chartered. That concerns me if true. I prefer a group that has something in common, and O.A. is simply more flexible for a 24 trip and it would be ours exclusively........I'm going to need 24 hours to whup all them Y-fins I didn't catch in 2002........Bass'nAggie had better come along, hate to de-throne the Queen w/o her there. ............Yea, all is good here as of April 14th, nothing to do tax day .......That and a few other things almost put me under for a long time. Was almost going to have to work for a living .......Did shut down a lot of things, gave up a lot of stuff, but it had to be done. Now at least I can resume my somewhat normal life!........Tuna for sure this fall, also am going on Freespool XL this August for tuna. Do it every year, only caught one tuna last year.......Looking to even the score this time.....Thanks for the easter bunnies picture, and the beer holder, don't always respond to them but them's good stuff you send......Tear up the bass circuit and then for relaxation we got to soak in some salt.......That goes for the rest from Tuna I. Open invite when the TOO EXPRESS comes to dock. ........Not leaving others out, just know these folks and they are ones to ride the river with. Come on 25th!

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601713 04/20/03 09:29 PM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Willie/TOO: Yes I think O/A in Port A is the way to go as well! Capt Elliots is a larger More Commercial opperation with larger boats. They are booked so far in advance it's hard to get a flexiable schedual deal from them.

_Offshore Adventures gets My Vote for sure..just let me know when you get a confirmed date! They really worked Hard to keep us on fish last time and I respect that!!I'll make sure both of the Bass'N Gals make it down there and My Old Fishin Buddy Frank too!! Tx Biker/ Russel...said his Dr cleared him to fish but I dont know how far he can travel??

_Good to be taliking Salt with you again buddy!! I think I'll bring some lighter gear for some free lining Live bait..maybe I'll get the Marlin this time??

_Good Luck With Your New Floating Paradice Buddy!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601714 04/21/03 12:49 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Bazz, holler at them freshwater folks about the tuna trip. Going see O.A. on the 26th, will reserve a date then.......Will look at either of the last two weekends in October. Going to reserve one or the other.......Hey Txbiker why don't you e-mail me anymore! ......you think he's scared of them tuna? .........hope it wasn't a one time deal for tuna with the TFF. Let's get them tuna folks.

Re: The leash is off! Fish Pass 4/26-27 and May 4th #601715 04/21/03 12:54 AM
TOO Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Forgot, I'm heading down on Thursday, got an invite trip to Baffin Bay for Friday. Scottie and me will meet up for Sat and fish, anyone else? Let me know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide