Print Thread
underwater LEDS #5916720 03/04/11 04:39 PM
J
jsplinter Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
who is the guy that does underwater lights attached to the boat? i remeber a guy about a year ago advertising on here, but havent seen hm since and I know there is another guy but cnt remember the name of his company....thanks...whats u wth the 1 week search range now on here? two thumbs down for that idea

Re: underwater LEDS [Re: jsplinter] #5917686 03/04/11 08:02 PM
F
FroggerZack Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I don't care much for the functionality of the search feature on this site either.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011
Re: underwater LEDS [Re: FroggerZack] #5917725 03/04/11 08:13 PM
J
jsplinter Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
The hunting forum when you search it brings up all the way back. It is a lot better search feature

Re: underwater LEDS [Re: FroggerZack] #5917732 03/04/11 08:15 PM
I
Impulse Offline
Angler
Angler
I

Last edited by Impulse; 03/04/11 08:17 PM.

'81 Aggie
Re: underwater LEDS [Re: Impulse] #5952996 03/15/11 02:08 AM
R
RclineTX Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I have Coastal Night Lights Green. http://www.coastalnightlights.com/styles.html
Sure Turns alot of heads during those summer night runs.
I have the DL version in Green on the back of my boat.

Last edited by RclineTX; 03/15/11 02:09 AM.

"Catch-Em-Quick"

Your one stop archery shop.
www.walnutcreekarchery.com
Re: underwater LEDS [Re: RclineTX] #5953683 03/15/11 06:24 AM
J
jsplinter Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Impulse thanks for the links, but this is what i was looking for, thanks again though

Originally Posted By: RclineTX
I have Coastal Night Lights Green. http://www.coastalnightlights.com/styles.html
Sure Turns alot of heads during those summer night runs.
I have the DL version in Green on the back of my boat.

Rcline, thanks, exactly what i was looking for....can you run those on the sides of your boat as well? or are they just for the back?

Re: underwater LEDS [Re: jsplinter] #5954429 03/15/11 03:17 PM
B
BrandonA Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Also look at Wildcat Lighting. They are out of New Braunfels and do a good job. I have them on my boat and they are super bright. www.wildcatlighting.com

Re: underwater LEDS [Re: BrandonA] #5954485 03/15/11 03:29 PM
W
WCL - Lighting Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Some Information about using lights for fishing... Ihope thia helps...

Regarding bugs and lights and led's

I designed the Wildcat Lighting system which is actually a two part system. My background is in Remote Sensing and Electromagnetic Physics. Due to my personal interest in fishing and after a great deal of research studying several of the world authorities on fish research I determined that a very specific frequency of green worked far better than others. This is why all Wildcat Lighting fishing lights are the color and brightness that they are.

Additional research has proven that - contrary to many beliefs... above water lights are superior in 90% of the cases. The technical explanation is actually quite simple...

Most inland water (salt and fresh waters) have a great deal of algae and other contaminates causing the water to be less than clear. Also, most inland waters fish and bait fish run well within 30 feet of the surface.

Due to the greenish hue of the water (even when very slight) the water becomes much the same to a fish as one of us putting on a pair of green shaded sunglasses. Green and browns block the natural blue penetration capabilities of light. This allows the green hues to pass more than twice the depth of other colors.

Above or below the water... simple logic and an understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum in the visible range, combined with an understanding of absorption and diffraction explains it all.... or you can just use good old common sense...

a. Fish and bait fish of inland waters are within 30 feet of the surface...
b. The density of water (in other than a pure clear state) is such that light penetration from within its mass in very limited or short ranged (of any color)...
c. A light above water at night (where the fish have a black background) can carry hundreds of feet and sometimes more... and any slight ripple or matter can catch that light and refract it down.
d. Since the color green penetrates inland water far better than any other color frequency even in slight amounts... common sense would dictate that above water, green light would carry to depths of 30 feet vastly more than any other application.

I will be posting a very detailed ... scientific explanation of what and how fish senses (receptors) work on our web site www.wildcatlighting.com in the very near future for those of you that may be interested.

I spent a great deal of time developing the Wildcat Lighting system and methodology and in every single case it has proven itself extremely well.

As for bugs and lights, I came up with a solution that has proven itself every single time also... which is incorporated in the Wildcat Lighting System. A specific frequency of Amber light is a part of the Wildcat Lighting Package... There is no doubt that the bugs swarm the wildcat green fishing lights... the fish love it...

It appears that insects instinctively avoid flames. The dominant color of a flame is a specific amber appearing frequency. By adding the Wildcat anti-bug lights the bugs stay on the water under the green lights and away from the inside of the boat. Additionally, they provide the angler with a pleasant no offensive light to see what he doing inside the boat without being eaten alive.... or being smothered in insect repellent.

There are some people that are attempting to replicate the Wildcat Lighting System... Some we attempted to train that could not meet the standards that we expected of our technicians.

The technology explains itself once you have seen them work...

Its kinda like what my dad told me as a kid...
"Son, a man that knows "how" will always have a job... but the man that knows "why" will always be his boss..."

I just thought that by writing this it might answer some of the questions that I have seen regarding use of lights for fishing.

I hope that it has been beneficial...

If your interested in more of the technology and science associated with fishing... please feel free to check our web site periodically.

Don Abernathy
Wildcat Lighting

Re: underwater LEDS [Re: WCL - Lighting] #5954565 03/15/11 03:49 PM
B
BrandonA Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I can say that the amber lights do repel 95% of the bugs. Don knows his stuff.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide