Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: KVD [Re: AndrewG - Lake Fork Guide] #5873417 02/21/11 06:03 PM
O
OhYou Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted By: AndrewG
He should be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Mmmhmm, the swimsuit edition. He is yummy.

I am not a guy
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: KVD [Re: waterwolves] #5873515 02/21/11 06:28 PM
J
James_C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: waterwolves
KVD is obviously the best bass fisherman in the world. It seems like it is a pretty close nit group of guys at that level and the way KVD is dominating is starting to take a toll on him.

It's lonely at the top.......

Well I'll be your friend KVD. I'm always available to go fishing.

James C.

"You can't blame the worm fer not wantin to go fishin"
Re: KVD [Re: James_C] #5873744 02/21/11 07:30 PM
B
Bass Art Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Well, if I'm going to fish, say, Lake Amistad, next month, I'm going to call and email and text and forum surf to get all of the information I can before I get there so that I can make the most of my time there. With the cost of fuel and lodging and everything else what it is, I would be STUPID not to. Heck, I ask around when I'm going to Fork, and I've been there at least 200 times.Why should it be any different with these guys? You want to make it a crapshoot, where the best guys are spending hours trying to determine if there are even any fish in an area? Let's take away their electronics and make them fish blind. And take away their trolling motors, so they can paddle. Only the strong survive! Yeah!!!

Artie
Re: KVD [Re: Bass Art] #5873801 02/21/11 07:47 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I think the point some of us are making is that tournament fishing today has become more and more a contest not to see who can go out and find...then catch...the best fish but to see who can get the best information.

Has there always been an exchange of information? Yeah, I would say so. But today's technology has taken it to a completely different level. Whereas in the "old days" you may call up a friend or a guide and he may tell you that he caught some fish on a point or in the timber in Wilson Creek...or if you're lucky might even meet you somewhere and show you on a map...now you just get GPS waypoints and can go straight to the spot within 15 feet.

Cell phones...the internet...email...text messages with images...they have all made it easier to not only transfer information, but to actually find and get in contact with people who have information in the first place. Twenty years ago if you were going to go to Missouri to fish a tournament and wanted to find information, how did you do it? Go to a library and read a book about the lake? Call directory assistance and ask for a listing or marinas or guides on the lake?

I'm not trying to tear down anyone's heroes. I think some of us just wish there was a way to make fishing go back in time...to where guys had to rely more on going out and finding their own fish, and less on putting together a network of people who do a lot of the work for them before they ever put their boats in the water.

Re: KVD [Re: Razorback] #5873883 02/21/11 08:06 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Technology has played more of an influence in this tournament than I have seen in the past.

Safety, GPS navigation, real time images from satellites, side imaging, radar....oh and I forgot Hydrowave!

I am sure without this technology there would have been some lost, damaged, or sunk boats!

Running over 600 miles in three days! AMAZING!!!

Some people don't go 600 miles in their boat in their life time!!!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: KVD [Re: Bass Art] #5873910 02/21/11 08:14 PM
N
North Texas Bass Assasin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Bass Art
Well, if I'm going to fish, say, Lake Amistad, next month, I'm going to call and email and text and forum surf to get all of the information I can before I get there so that I can make the most of my time there. With the cost of fuel and lodging and everything else what it is, I would be STUPID not to. Heck, I ask around when I'm going to Fork, and I've been there at least 200 times.Why should it be any different with these guys? You want to make it a crapshoot, where the best guys are spending hours trying to determine if there are even any fish in an area? Let's take away their electronics and make them fish blind. And take away their trolling motors, so they can paddle. Only the strong survive! Yeah!!!

now that would be interesting

Re: KVD [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #5873926 02/21/11 08:19 PM
Cameron Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I wish I had his competitive drive.

Re: KVD [Re: North Texas Bass Assasin] #5873937 02/21/11 08:21 PM
WaterLogged Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
When Golfers lose the caddies who are really the backbone of their game, when NASCAR makes the drivers change their own dang tires and get their own fuel just like the rest of us will I say the information sharing has to go, Until then...Its just part of the game.

Last edited by WaterLogged; 02/21/11 08:22 PM.

Re: KVD [Re: Razorback] #5873954 02/21/11 08:24 PM
T
Tony M. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Razorback
I think the point some of us are making is that tournament fishing today has become more and more a contest not to see who can go out and find...then catch...the best fish but to see who can get the best information.
I agree. Your fishing "network" is where its at these days. I know you still have to catch them, and Im not taking anything away from KVD, but if you have a heads up before you ever launch your boat, its got to help your chances. I dont know how many of you have ever fished down in southern LA but for those of you that havent, its the most confusing and awesome and hardest places to find fish Ive ever seen (this is probably the biggest understatement of my life). Every single place, canal, creek, lake, river, bayou looks fishy and has potential. Its unreal and hard to imagine if youve not fished it. My point is that place is massive and for most of the top guys to show up in the same place, you cant tell me they dont get some help. As it seems to happen on the Elite circut a lot also. With that said you still have to catch them, and KVD did.

Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8 ...... Look it up
Re: KVD [Re: Tony M.] #5873970 02/21/11 08:30 PM
Perry B Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
If you wanted to make it even as possible why not return back to original ways that Ray Scott would handle the Classic's. Not announced to the public, Fly the Anglers to the lake their going to fish, and supply the boats. Damn what would be cost these days for BASS to do it that way. Hmmmmm....

Last edited by Perry B; 02/21/11 08:32 PM.

Re: KVD [Re: Perry B] #5873984 02/21/11 08:35 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I blaim the internet!

So much darn info out there....you never even have to pick up the phone!

I could have found a dozen places to fish down there without leaving the house. I would have been in there next to KVD cause I wouldn't want to make a 120 mile one way trip south!

I'd pick the closest place to fish!

It seems so simple....right! noidea

I'm just being funny....don't blast me! eeks grin

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: KVD [Re: Razorback] #5873995 02/21/11 08:38 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Razorback

Has there always been an exchange of information? Yeah, I would say so. But today's technology has taken it to a completely different level. Whereas in the "old days" you may call up a friend or a guide and he may tell you that he caught some fish on a point or in the timber in Wilson Creek...or if you're lucky might even meet you somewhere and show you on a map...now you just get GPS waypoints and can go straight to the spot within 15 feet.

Cell phones...the internet...email...text messages with images...they have all made it easier to not only transfer information, but to actually find and get in contact with people who have information in the first place. Twenty years ago if you were going to go to Missouri to fish a tournament and wanted to find information, how did you do it? Go to a library and read a book about the lake? Call directory assistance and ask for a listing or marinas or guides on the lake?

I'm not trying to tear down anyone's heroes. I think some of us just wish there was a way to make fishing go back in time...to where guys had to rely more on going out and finding their own fish, and less on putting together a network of people who do a lot of the work for them before they ever put their boats in the water.

But if you took all the info they all get out of the equation , and KVD probably has the best info, then we would not have hero worship and superstars like we do today...if thats a good thing?

And superstars and heros make the fishing industry a lot more $$$$

Last edited by Fish AKA Jerry; 02/21/11 08:39 PM.

FREYED KNOT

Re: KVD [Re: Fish AKA Jerry] #5874053 02/21/11 08:51 PM
M
McKinney Machine Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
They fished a tank dam that 4 others fished. Im sure its on a map. No sercret im sure all 50 new about it

Re: KVD [Re: McKinney Machine] #5874092 02/21/11 09:00 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Anyone that thinks KVD would not dominate with or without info, technology and equipment are just seriously underrating him. He is simply the greatest of all time and is no where near being done yet either.

Re: KVD [Re: Mark Perry] #5874123 02/21/11 09:07 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
No way, Mark. He's gotta have a team out there practicing for him. No way he could have found that spot in a well-known community hole. No way he won a Classic there in 2001 and has always competed well there. No way he is the most efficient practicer ever (quote-Rick Clunn). No way he makes critical decisions right more than 90% of the time (another RC quote). No way he makes more casts in a day than anyone else. No way his fishing skills, the action he imparts on his baits and the vast experience from which he draws upon helped him in any way. No way he was surrounded by and rotating through his area with four other anglers 100% of the time and got progessively bigger sacks every day. No way he made the adjustment to the cb from the blade before anyone figured it out on day two. Had to be someone that called and told him too, right?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide