Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: FSO] #5702040 01/11/11 05:21 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Good grief. Again I don't think he is referring to you.

Bobby Barnett

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: r63pappy] #5702052 01/11/11 05:27 PM
F
FSO Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted By: r63pappy
WELL,MAYBE I'M A BIT CRAZY BUT, SNEEK UP ON THEM, POINT YOUR 357
AT THEM. SAY GET IN THE NET,& THROW THEM IN -- IN THE NET.
I'M PRITTY SURE THIS WILL STOP THE PROBLEM !!!

This is what one guy got from the video. Im not mad at Carey, just think he might inspire more stupidity than goodwill.

FarSouth (Kayak Fishing!-The Original Watersport!)

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: FSO] #5702067 01/11/11 05:32 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Let's see. I think I am about to have this figured out. You are a kayak fishing guide that is trying to pick apart a informative video by a competitor in the guide business that just so happens to guide people on the bank and in tubes or kayaks. No other reason I can see for the big stink you are raising.

Keep up the good work Carey.

Bobby Barnett

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: r63pappy] #5702114 01/11/11 05:45 PM
T
txsmoker Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Were not just talking about Illegal activity were talking about Illegal's them self's. In there country that's how they fish. Any deeper and I'll be all off into politic's....Calling the GameWarden is the correct way..Ya'll handle it ya'lls way, I handle It mine....

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: Bobcat1] #5702119 01/11/11 05:46 PM
B
Bass fro chop Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
ive been going to the sandbass run at rowlett creek for at least 8 years and see cast netters every year above pleasant valley and below. when they see me or someone else they drop the net and pretend its a family get together i guess. and they aint going for bluegill!

I don't always catch fish, but when I do, I prefer Dos Hybrids

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/horns999/merainbows2.jpg
Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: Bobcat1] #5702125 01/11/11 05:46 PM
F
FSO Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I am a licensed guide, but I don't guide anywhere near Carey(RC-WRC), nor do I advertise my services on TFF. I have however been approched on Rowlett Creek about my right to throw it there, and on two occasions had to involve police because someone didn't approve. One of those two occasions nearly ended in a drunk being shot over my net "scaring away all the fish", he was fishing nearly 40 yards downstream from me. I think every other TarponFly video I have seen is spot-on, and furthermore...I have seen him with clients on the water and turned my kayak around to fish elsewhere twice now. He is in no way "competition" for me.

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: txsmoker] #5702130 01/11/11 05:47 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted By: txsmoker
Were not just talking about Illegal activity were talking about Illegal's them self's. In there country that's how they fish. Any deeper and I'll be all off into politic's....Calling the GameWarden is the correct way..Ya'll handle it ya'lls way, I handle It mine....

So now you need to walk up to somebody and ask them to verify their residency? Or can you just tell by looking? bolt
rolfmao

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: FSO] #5702230 01/11/11 06:19 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: FSO
First 10 seconds of video he says "carry your cell phone, if you see a castnet". Id hate to have to shoot someone because they saw a video an wanted to confront a "poacher". Im the very last person anyone would want to approch in the woods with an attitude about my throwing a net. I have a fishing license, means Im gonna fish by ANY legal means I choose. I have always been completely open and cooperative with Game Wardens, but the first time some civilian-waterhead-treehugger reaches for my bucket/cooler hes gonna be really, really sorry(as I would likely feel threatened by this). I don't mind calling Op Game Thief when Its needed(its programed in my phone too), but without seeing them do something illegal, it wastes a Wardens time(which isn't any better) and disturbs the outdoor expierience of all those involved.

So if someone just confronts you abt possible poaching, are you just going to shoot them? why are you so defensive? if your not doing anything wrong, you should nt have anything to hide? you better get off your high horse with that gun. tough guy.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: leanin post] #5702235 01/11/11 06:20 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
kind of seems to me like somebody is angry because thier gillnet got confiscated. if your really after perch, and you know anything at all abt fishing, you know you can catch them faster and easier with a little cork and hook than you can with a castnet, because they arent too smart, but they are very spooky.

Last edited by leanin post; 01/11/11 06:33 PM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: leanin post] #5702344 01/11/11 06:48 PM
F
FSO Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
So if someone just confronts you abt possible poaching, are you just going to shoot them? why are you so defensive? if your not doing anything wrong, you should nt have anything to hide? you better get off your high horse with that gun. tough guy.
Yep, If its not a Warden/LEO its gonna be at gun point(while I politely ask them to take thier hands of my gear), so much as a fart or a blink beyond that point may lead me to belive they want to rob or kill me for said gear. [b]If you aren't a Warden/LEO and you want to check peoples gear, you are asking for trouble. Plain and simple[/b]. As for my bait catching techniques, well...I could get bluegill with rod an reel but I CHOOSE not to. Those gills are going in my livewell to be used to take game fish, I like getting my days bait in 2-5 throws. I am very friendly with folks on that creek, but I draw the line at touching my gear or assuming I am doing something illegal.

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: FSO] #5702370 01/11/11 06:51 PM
B
BNV Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Lighten up Francis

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: FSO] #5702432 01/11/11 07:03 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
nobody should be touching your belongings, but you shouldnt be so quick to go for a gun, that could ruin your life. Evidently your not physically diasabled being your running a bank guide fishing business, and walking in mud, among trees, toting equiptment ect. are you just afraid of a physical confrontation,? Know this, there are people out there, that if you pull your pistol on them, for a unfounded reason, you will be put into a position that will not end well. Your either going to be forced to shoot them, and possibly get the death penalty, or take one of the worst beatings you have ever taken, because not everyone will just run when a pistol is throw in thier face., Sometimes rage will overcome good sense. It aint worth it . You need to change your way of thinking, nobody is out to take your stuff or rat you .. relax man.

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: leanin post] #5702488 01/11/11 07:16 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Man this thread took a turn from educational to this????? rolleyes

Bobby Barnett

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: TarponFly] #5702515 01/11/11 07:23 PM
T
txsmoker Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Thanks for the head's up Carey, I'll keep my eye's out for um. PS ...I Love Whiterock Too!!!!!

Re: (VIDEO) Illegal net fishing [Re: leanin post] #5702529 01/11/11 07:27 PM
F
FSO Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I don't guide from the bank, and as previosly stated...I dont point guns at folks who leave me/my gear alone. I don't have rage toward anyone, but when my gear(which I sweat and bleed to be able to purchase) is involed things get a bit grey. My pointing it at them is simply fair chance to leave me alone and call LEO's to question my fishing practices, any other action on their part would prove fatal. In reality I dont think anyone would ever reach into my kayaks livewell for a peek, but then again I don't carry a gun to POINT it at people. Even the slobbering drunk at Rowlett creek was given the chance to leave me alone(which he did, although I still called the cops as soon as he returned to his cooler an lawnchair), had he taken another step toward me he would be dead today. Id rather be cowardly cautious and armed, than brave and dead.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide