Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 #5657988 12/31/10 10:48 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Here it is, Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 for the month of January.

Special Notes up front:

For those catfishermen/women who are limited to weekend only--- Oddly, there are no Saturday BlueCat (BC) days in January, February, and March, but there are some Sunday BlueCat (BC) days.

As to YellowCats roam/feed patterns--- Even though listed as BFT ("Buffet" or assorted catches aka anything goes, you just never know), December 31st/January 1st, as well as January 27th/28th fall into the YellowCat (YC) pattern I discovered back in 1981-1982 of 7/2/7/2/7/3 & repeat (the 2 days & 3 days are YellowCat aka YC roam-feed pattern days).

Still working on the hard copy version for the full year of 2011. Will let you know when completed & have the first few printed, as to being available.

I am glad to be getting some postive feedback from some of you, as to starting to try the calendar & getting good results. While they say a bad day fishing, is better than a good day working; I think if we have a better day fishing, it is even GREATER. And in these times & economy, some of us are stretched thin on finances, so we want the best bang for our buck (best catches for our time & money spent).

For previous additional information, see the 1st thread "Lynn's Catfish Calendar" started in 2010 (methinks), especially if you would like some background info as to the calendar itself that I shared in an article in the May 2008 Central Texas Catfish magazine-newsletter issue. I didn't create the Catfish Calendar, I just discovered it & learned to key in on it.

I will post the monthly calendar a few days ahead of each new month here on the TFF.

If you would like the Quarterly issue (sent out by regular email, not via the Forum), drop me an email at <hlynnh@peoplepc.com> & I'll put you on my Catfish Calendar Crew list. It's free. That way you can plan further ahead. For the full year, you have to get the hard copy so you can really map out your fishing year. Basically, I have been letting it go for about what it costs to print. I am hoping to have a finalized printed copy before next weekend unless I hit a snag. Will let you know when it is available. It not only has the calendar, but tips, along with pics & captions-stories. The 2011 hard copy edition (Forum Research Edition) will even feature a few of you. Each are numbered, as one day they may become a collector's edition. The 2010 hard copy is still available & I think I can get the 2009 first edition reprinted as well.

Lynns Catfish Calendar- January 2011
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XXX | XXX | XXX | XXX | XXX | XXX | 1 BFT
2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 BC | 7 BFT | 8 BFT
9 YC | 10 YC | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 BC | 15 ZIP
16 BC | 17 YC | 18 YC | 19 BC | 20 BC | 21 BC | 22 BFT
23 BC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BFT | 27 BFT | 28 BFT | 29 ZIP
30 ZIP | 31 ZIP |
===============================================================

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lynns Catfish Calendar- KEY:
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5658366 12/31/10 02:56 PM
R
Retired Guy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
bump

Tired and Retired. E Troop 1st. Air Cav.
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5658875 12/31/10 05:36 PM
P
Philpot Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Are these dates that you have calculated specific to your area, or do they apply across the whole state? Thanks for the info.

; ; ;
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Philpot] #5660885 01/01/11 04:07 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Philpot

The Calendar dates work across Texas. In 2007/2008, I got feedback from one former A.C.A.T.S. member that the Blues follow it up in Oklahoma as well. Not sure if he was rod-n-reeling or running set lines, but he emailed me & said, It WORKS!

Soon I might have a previous co-worker check it out down in Mexico east of San Luis area, as he moved back down there at the first of the year.

I have only focused on Yellows & Blues. At first it was just Yellows, due to other findings. Then out of the "Blue", I also found out about Blues.

If you want Channels, it seems that BFT (Buffet) days usually have more of them than on any other days.

Working the calendar as to set lines will be slightly different than if you work it for rod-n-reel.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5662212 01/01/11 06:31 PM
M
mrmakAUCTIONEER Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Good one GOOD WORD BRO. works! for sure this we know. Let me know how I can help. Iam totaly available and love research.
Do Yall take pay pal?

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: mrmakAUCTIONEER] #5662442 01/01/11 07:50 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Thank You Lynn for posting this.

thumb

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: steveiam] #5664299 01/02/11 04:25 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Hi "mrmakAUCTIONEER",

Glad to hear it works for you!

I've been working away on the 2011 Calendar today transferring the 4 Catfish Codes from the RTF version to the Calendar setup program. You know I have to double, actually triple check to make sure I have made no errors. Lo & behold I found one day I had marked as BC, but should have been ZIP. It should not affect anyone, as it was May 3rd. Only one that has the whole year for 2011, other than myself, is Jody (T.D. for Central Texas Catfish).

Had to stop to cook supper here. You guessed it, fried Catfish. Yep, was a mix of boneless chunks of Blues (3#, 9+#, 25.25#) from the 18th. I was soaking out the boneless meat of the Blues a bit more, and will bag the rest in Ziplocs with water & freeze them tonight.

So I decided to check email before starting back on calendar & my sister alerted me of your post. She said if you can only use Paypal, she has an account. I usually take a check or money order in snail mail. If I have copies ahead of time, I usually go ahead & send them out before getting paid (reimbursed).

But let me finish 2011 calendar (hard copy) first. Once I have my end done, then I have it set up at OfficeMax (Adam does a great job & can set it up super fast as a PDF printable file so they can click on it on the CD & let the printer take over so no pages get printed wrong & they are actually cheaper than some of the print shops around), get some printed to reproof, and then I can give the cost. 2009 edition was about $13 due to a super sale price on calendars. I did a mini Catfish calendar 25% size) up with the photos & caption, but used their full calendar month (due to that super low price). Last years cost was $15, as I incorporated the calendar into a self made regular calendar & they weren't still on their super sale price. Plus I had a color page insert (Bonus Sheet).

So I'll post the info when it is ready. I got my fingers crossed hoping it will be before this coming weekend (8th/9th). Sure hope Adam (at IMpress at OfficeMax) is still here or already back from college Holidays, as he knows exactly how to do things fast & correct.

Hang in there & this next week I will hopefully know the price (cost) plus postage. But looking forward to your feedback & help in researching more. Jeff & James at the Lake (Limestone) watched me for years & finally decided to do what I told them & follow the calendar. In less than 30 days their 4th YellowCat was a nice 62.4# Op. In all their years of catfishing, they had never caught a YellowCat. They were still shaking from the excitement 30 minutes later when I arrived. Their using the calendar & feedback has been exceptional. They are finding some new info I had not found or realized. But they have become more aware & at least taking mental notes to tell me that I jot down to help us all.

Looking forward to your assistance!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5664310 01/02/11 04:27 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Not a problem "bbop1111",

Glad to be able to share.

Have a Great New Year!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5664326 01/02/11 04:31 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Some have been emailing me as to getting on my free email list (Catfish Calendar Crew), as I send the calendar months in Quarters (3 months) FREE via private email by way of BCC (so it cloaks everyone's E-dress to ensure privacy). So it is a manual list, not an automatic one. I was keeping up earlier today, but had to focus on the calendar setup, so a few of you might not get the update (dated 29th) that went out to the Calendar Crew, as well as the 1st Quarter (Ja/Feb/Mar RTF calendars plus KEY that will print out on 1 page) until tomorrow, so I can finish the transfer dates up tonight. Then I have to compile the two page write-up which will have updates & tips after the cover, figure out what pics for the Cover to use, then assemble pics & stories (lengthy captions), get photos developed as needed & put in page paste-ups for scanning as full pages, and such.

And I really appreciate everyone's feedback & those who have volunteered to get their pics & stories in this 2011 edition. There is still time, I can fit 3 more in, but I need to hear from you super qwik. I am sure everyone would get tired of seeing my mug on all 12, plus cover. I think its great to have others pictured & hear their tale of the catch pictured. I need to print the photos from digitals at Walgreens at least by mid-week, so I can have the past-ups ready to scan, then transferred to a CD. Be it a really nice one (an 8# Cat is fine), or a good catch (mess of Cats). Doesn't matter the method (set lines or rod-n-reel), as long as it/them was/were taken legally.

OH, almost forgot, in the 2011 hard copy, I am going to share two secrets that I may have hinted about (how they can help you, one if you have set lines but might also work with rod-n-reels too, and the other if you are trying to target YellowCats regardless of legal method) as Keying in further on the Catfish Calendar.

As you know, or are aware, these are tuff times, and sometimes you have to watch your expenses. Even though we would like to fish all of the time, expenses can run big. Such as gas for vehicle, gas & oil for boat motor, maintennance & repair, as well as tires for both, license plate renewals, and the list goes on. Maybe bait costs, as well as grub for yourself, ramp fees, drinks (you need to stay hydrated in winter as well as summer concerning dehydration), and the list continues. And now they are talking of gasoline getting up to $5 a gallon in a year or so. I know none of us are looking forward to that. So that will squeeze a bit more from our funds. You will want every trip to be fruitful & worth its cost.

The Catfish Calendar's purpose is two-fold, as I see and understand it. First is to get the most volume for your time, effort & dollar. As we say, the biggest bang for your buck. It does not matter if you are practicing CPR or if you are filling your freezer. Second is that one day, whether you like it or not, you may very well depend on catfish to eat & live on. Yes, even those of you who are using CPR, may very well depend upon those Cats you toss back now. By saving them now, they may save you around the bend. Isn't it ironic how the pendulum swings to & fro? As you use the calendar, you will start to pick up on other patterns that you never realized (yet now they are brought into focus) & learn to key in on them (in addition to the calendar).

Well, back to the grind. Umm, I mean calendar ...

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5664385 01/02/11 04:59 AM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Hi Lynn--
If you have room for me I would like on that list please.

I would also want to buy a calender when you get the info and put it out.

I just bought a a small fishing boat so i will be able to get on the water more and want to use all the tools I can to get better.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by bbop1111; 01/02/11 11:59 AM.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: steveiam] #5664548 01/02/11 07:30 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Hi Steve,

Will put you on & kick the update & 1st Qtr. by Noon unless I oversleep. Whew, I think I gazed at enough letters & numbers tonight. The Calendar months are done as to mapping out from transferring data from the RTF versions. Tomorrow comes fun part-2 pager for the hard copy (inside cover & next page & then the 12 months (assigning the pics & writing up the stories), then trying to make them fit.

Time for some Vitamin Zzzzzzzzz.
Already had Vitamin B-C tonight. (Blue-Cat)

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5692232 01/09/11 11:25 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I posted most of this in another thread & figured I better extract some of it & repost it here too.

My code keys (with a tad bit more comments):
YC=YellowCat (follows a definite 7-2-7-2-7-3 [they hit on the 2s & 3s] & repeat cycle, but Blues also bite fairly well)/ BC=BlueCat (Rack 'em up, their cycles are a bit more erratic or random)/ BFT=Buffet (assorted catches & they sometimes overlay on hidden YC days) [NOTE: seems Channels do pick up on set lines on BFT days]/ ZIP=Zip or Nada or very little- bait may be stripped or not touched.

I also explain that they are day by day, so they work well for set lines (for taking the whole day into account of lines set in one place).

For rod-n-reelers, you have many advantages as to some factors, such as a boat, scope, and targeting groups spotted with assorted baits. But most do not stay at it a whole day & may hit when they truly roam/feed or not. But you have the advantage of being able to drop supper or a snack right on the table in front of them.

OK, looking over the catfish calendar here for January 2011:
Fri 31st & Sat 1st were BFT, but overlaid the YC cycle
ZIP for Sun 2nd thru Wed 5th
BC for Thurs 6th
BFT for Fri 7th & Sat 7th
YC for Sun 8th & Mon. 9th
ZIP for Tues 11th & Wed 12th
BC for Thurs 13th & Fri 14th
ZIP for Sat15th
BC for Sun 16th
YC for Mon 17th & Tues 18th
BC for Wed 19th thru Fri 21st
BFT for Sat 22nd
BC for Sun 23rd
ZIP for Mon 24th & Tues 25th
BFT for Wed 26th thru Fri 28th
ZIP for Sat 29th thru Wed Feb 2nd

Also take note that YC days are overlayed by the BFT days. The "hidden" YC days are the 3 days of their patterned cycle: Wed 26th, Thurs 27th, and Fri 28th.

Also to note as to fish not biting these past few days: We had a luner eclipse the other day & a solar one coming up (unless I just missed it). Also we are in one of the very active solar cycles. The sun runs a regular 11 year cycle. Several major earthquakes have taken place & normally precede & follow these eclipses. I am sure you recall that "There is nothing new under the Sun. It was of old already." [meaning the cycles/patterns were there all along, but you just had to rediscover or refind them]

Also by way of the Catfish Calendar research, I also found that Gator Gars seem to follow the YC pattern as well. Sometimes they feed just ahead of the Yellows, and leave most of the bait missing before the Yellows hit. Even though I know the prime times for Yellows to hit are from 10 PM thru 2 AM, it is not unusual for them to hit while I am setting out a trotline in the daytime. I think it's their method of shaking hands with me to know my feeding them is appreciated & "game on" (something similar to the start of some ball game).

And some say that Yellows do not bite in colder months, or something similar. I catch them all year round.

Off & runnin' or Zzzzzzzzzzing,

+++++++++++++++++++
Added note after editing later---
OOPS! I'll take a DUH for 10 points. "opus", thanks a heap for catching my Keyboard face dive doze-off (obviously). I recall my head was bobbing there a second or two & I did not have a sheet to help keep focus as I was looking far away.

Corrected here now:
BFT for Fri 7th & Sat 8th
YC for Sun 9th & Mon. 10th

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5692310 01/09/11 01:10 PM
O
opus Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
HEY ya got a fri 7th and a sat the 7th, then there is Mon the 9th and Tues the 11th boy what a weird month

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: opus] #5692391 01/09/11 01:55 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
OOPS! I'll take a DUH for 10 points. "opus", thanks a heap for catching my Keyboard face dive doze-off (obviously). I recall my head was bobbing there a second or two & I did not have a sheet to help keep focus as I was looking far away.

Corrected here:
BFT for Fri 7th & Sat 8th
YC for Sun 9th & Mon. 10th

And corrected in note below on original listing.

Thanks for catching that! Thank Goodness I mapped out the calendar versions when I was awake last week & double checked them 3 ways to make sure I did not goof. Caught a one day error by doing that, but never figured how I had done that. Only one who had that day in May was Jody of CTC, other than me.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2011 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #5696196 01/10/11 10:18 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
This is submitted in response to those who have hit a snag in your fishing this past week. I offer one plausible external influence also.

A bit of brief Catfish Calendar History:

Actually, the catfish calendar patterns on Yellows & Blues were discovered in 1981-1982 while fishing in the Brazos, Navasota, and Trinity Rivers (3 rivers nearby). From 1983-1986, I tested it to the max in the Trinity River mainly due to having free access to a place they called "the Park" (downriver from TX 21 bridge some 25 bends down). It was due to the calendar days on YC (YellowCat) that sometimes as I baited one throwline and/or trotline that "Big'Un" would sometimes hit while I was baiting the trotline, so I pegged it as being a Yellow, not a Blue (as it did not hit as a Blue would on BC days). After 2 years of pursuit & many previously bent out hooks, I finally got it on a YC weekend almost 2 years later.

Then split up & divorce hit in 86-87, which slowed me down to pursue further research on it at the time. I managed to go here & there, as money or time allowed. It picked up in 1991-1994, continued into 1996, as we moved out by the Navasota River (1.5 miles away on TX 21), but not as strong as I had hoped, due to lack of time & money. From '94-'96 I had access to my cousin's boat due to her husband passing away. He had asked her to be sure & get the boat to me to preserve from the other "hungry" relatives who would try to get it. After all of that settled, she & future husband picked it up.

Being a private researcher, I research many other avenues into depth from early 1997 on up to present. One online group, which I founded by email, is named *The Academy* of which I am the overseer. We keep watch of things globally & are something akin to a think tank of 100 to 200 members, which follows in the footsteps of Plato's & Einstein's "Academy". So if you really think my research is shallow or not thorough, I am sure many Academy members would get a good laugh on that one.

But in 2001, I was asked to come get my cousin's boat & use it, to keep it from disrepair sitting around, so we did. After my brother-in-law's untimely death in January 2002, my sister decided to get our family together on a big camping/fishing trip. First it was Fort Parker Lake, but things changed dramatically at it over the years so that was tossed. Livingston was chosen next but that also failed to find a spot as most places were already booked for the July 4th (2002) holidays, and she had to have a place for her new RV trailer (electricity & water hookup).

So she found a few lots still available at Running Branch Marina & Campground on Lake Limestone. While it was very hot those 4 or 5 days & I did not think I did spectacular, some catfishermen there somehow thought I must have been onto something, as they failed to produce as much as me. My biggest was a 12# Blue. But this was a new place & I was still studying it out. We fell in love with the place & the owners- Darrell & Nancy, were really friendly folks. I blew my timing belt on my Camry going back pulling the boat & trailer up the steep Concord Hill on TX 7. But I liked the place & in 3 weeks, we were back. Biggest was only 7# Blue that trip & extremely hot. We hit the Trinity 3 times & Lake Livingston once from August thru October. Then my son-in-law & I decided to do a Thanksgiving Trip (2002) but were undecided as to Trinity River or Lake Limestone. We weighed the pros & cons of both places & finally decided to chose Running Branch (on Limestone).

I had come up with a special design trotline for deeper waters, mainly for a lake. I had shared my design with a Game Warden back in 1984 or 1985, as I wanted to make sure the set-up was legal. He said he saw no problem with it & thought it was really neat. I call it "the Planter". I started off with the first design that July 4th trip in 2002. But revised it several times over the next few years. And between the family, we had as many as 3 at a time somewhere at the bottom of the lake or in "the Cove" (a place I nicknamed which was about 20 feet deep, but escaped most winds).

After the 168# haul that November 2002 in only 4 runs of the lines, I decided to buckle down & continue the resaerch into Phase 2- on lakes now. Obviously, it paid off, as the Turkey Trip in 2003 after only able to set a few jugs & only one "Planter" due to us being caught in a storm that came in just a bit earlier than expected, the weekend before. The boat rolled over & lost a lot of gear at a pier & ramp on the opposite side at the bottom of the lake. I managed to get the water out & crank it up 3 times a day until heading back that Wednesday night. Only to have the motor conk out as I tried to back off the trailer. It seems somebody designed a pin hole in the electronics that if water gets in it, it fries it & it did. Darrell offered to take me out once a day to run lines, as he had access to a boat he was hoping to buy. We pulled in 269# worth in those 4 days (4 runs of the few lines I had out). Needless to say, even though Darrell sometimes ribs me about the catfish calendar, he can vouch that obviously I have something that works for me.

Cutting it short here, many others there who visit Running Branch regularly nicknamed me "Catfish" (kids called me "Catfish Man"), including some of the Crappie fisherman. While over the years, I always spoke of certain techniques & my catfish calendar. It was after several years that 3 decided to finally test my calendar there at RB to see if it worked. 2 of the 3 for sure had never caught a Yellow before. Within 30 days of knowing when to bait out for Yellows (as to the calendar on YC days), their 3rd was over 30 pounds & their 4th was a 62.4# grayish looking Op. They now knew it worked. There was no doubt of it & that it worked for them too, not just me. One of the 3 (Elvin) developed serious back problems & has not been able to go fishing since & we miss him dearly & hope one day he will be able to return. Meanwhile, Jeff & his son James (JS) are my two prize students, excelling as to using the calendar. And by doing so, have provided tremendously much more feedback than I could ever have hoped to achieve by myself. So, as you can tell, I know it works on lakes, as well as the rivers, as do themselves.

I also shared with one former A.C.A.T.S. member of the catfish calendar & he encouraged me to share it with the group via the magazine. But the editor basically was focused on the Solunar tables & dismissed me as to the possibility. However, that member tried out the calendar as to Blues, but not sure if it was by set lines or rod-n-reels. He was up in Oklahoma & tried it. Not sure if on lakes or rivers. But shortly thereafter, he wrote back with, "It Works!". So, we now knew it worked out of state, not just a Texas phenomenon.

A.C.A.T.S. was sold & several of the Texas chapters decided it woukld be too far off for new tourneys, so they became their own organization. Either way, I think Dennis Rice should get the credit for everything, as he helped to start up the Catfish Tourneys enthusiasm.

One local one that branched off was CTC (Central Texas Catfish) headed up by Gene Painter & Jody Goodman. I have a lot of respect for these guys, as they did this when the economy was on a downswing & it has prevailed. Jody is from the town my Mom came from, up above Lake Limestone, so I guess I felt at ease with sharing an article for the CTC magazine/newsletter, which had grown to a color 28 pager in 2008 (before the printing press broke down later, and having been in the printing business for many years, they aren't cheap to repair). Jody put my public article on the Catfish Calendar in the May 2008 issue, so in a sense, I feel I owe it to him & Gene for allowing me to go public with the research I've found.

However, I stress that the calendar focuses upon a full 24 hour day, not just a few hours of it. And that I have used it primarily on set lines consisting of trotlines, throwlines, juglines, set hooks, and limb lines, not rod-n-reel. So I have stressed certain things in the comparison of the two (set lines vs. Rod-n-Reels). Each side has its highs & lows, as to the catfish calendar.

And I have shared that those using set lines will see & experience an increase in their catches probably much more qwikker than a rod-n-reeler. And some of you have already indicated that to me on the side by PMs via TFF or on private email. But I have explained that a rod-n-reeler who consistantly uses it, can finally fine tune it to make it work in that avenue as well.

Now, when you hit a rough patch of a few days or a week or so, you have to remember that a full year consists of 365 days or 52 weeks, its easy to brush something aside easily & claim, "It no workie". However, to drill into something a foot deep, only shows a bit of its true nature. Drilling 20 or more feet surprisingly brings it much more into focus. And even so, drilling 50 feet deep into something reveals that much more. I feel I have drilled deep enough to prove to myself & several others that the catfish calendar (as to Yellows & Blues) is no fluke or is a placebo effect. These patterns are inlaid & there to stay. As you may know, everything in this physical universe is numbered & set in order. For instance, new things emerge every day concerning DNA & mapping it out. Your methods, your patience, your consistency, the bait you use, and other factors all contribute to whether you will succeed or fail. With the Catfish Calendar, you are given that cutting edge to help you succeed. When you fall in a game, do you stay down? Or do you get right back up & get back into the game?

There are many external factors that can also affect the calendar. For instance weather, sudden changes in water or pressure, thermocline, and so on. Sometimes you can work around them, sometimes you can't.

I have shared concerning my findings & research on the Catfish Calendar. I would not even think of being so bold to claim it worked, if I had not proven it to myself, or at least a few others. It is entirely up to you as to whether you will or will not see if it works for you. My first wife will tell you when I pursue something, I never ever give up until I finally get to its source. My friends call me deep. My church members call me deep. My metaphysical friends call me deep. My fellow catfisherman/women at RB know my depth & heart towards catfish & the calendar. One internet researcher once said I was like an Internet Researcher on steroids. My mentor (an educational & philosophical instructor) from 1986-1988 said I read more books in 6 months than some people do in a lifetime. I am a puzzle-gatherer, as I seem to find things & then assemble it to get a big picture. My uncle (JW), after moving in with us a few years ago, now knows my uncanny ability to find things also works for finding "lost" things, in that if something is missing, he'll tell me to keep an eye out for it. I usually find about 75% of those items.

With that said, the ball is in your hands, and as Yoda once said in "The Empire Strikes Back", "there is no try or try not". You either do it or you don't

This is one plausible explanation of the recent fishing problems many are experiencing:
On a sidenote as to the recent downside of fish not biting, even according to the Catfish Calendar, we recently had a lunar eclipse, and I forget if the solar eclipse has already occurred or not. Certain things such as major earthquakes will be within a window before & after these eclipses. It is on record. But on 12-31-10, a vast coronal hole opened up on the sun's atmosphere. This affects the solar magnetic field & solar winds prevail. The Earth can receive the initial hits as early as within minutes to a day. The duration of these charged particles bombarding us could last into late January (this month).

One thing these "hits" can do, is knock out satellites, as we have learned over the past few years are very vulnerable, including power grids. But we, especially animals & fish operate on a magnetic guidance system. Screw with it, and it can alter anything, including feeding habits. Recent research reveals satellite data showing herds of cattle gaze in a north to south or south to north pattern. Fish depend on this magnetic memory (instinct is what we usually call it) to spawn upriver. Birds navigate & migrate using this magnetic memory. I guess you recently have noticed a few bird, fish, and crab kills in the past week or so, in the news. This may well be the underlying cause even though many scientists are unaware of the coronal hole & discharge.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide