Re: Denison Dam [Re: crappie2ber] #5278690 09/07/10 03:18 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: stripertenlbs
Does anyone on this thread ever talk about how the stiper are biting at the dam. I am really tired of you guys on here writing comments just to see your name pop up on the screen. I have looked back several pages and have seen nothing useful to someone who wants to catch fish at the dam. If this is all it is then exchange emails and have your tea party in private!

If you don't like this thread....you simply don't have to post anything in it...or for that matter say anything about it...

Why don't you create your own thread about Denison dam and see if anyone posts in it...

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #5278811 09/07/10 03:54 PM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
for what it's worth........ this rain should help.
If the Red river gets as much rain as I suspect in the next 36 hrs, they'll be generating again & that'll refresh everything.

also FWIW, IgotSnagged & I went up to Denison thurs. night &
caught probably 40 stripers in that nasty, stagnant water.

If you can't afford the time/money it takes to fish there,
then fish where you can. every trip to DD usually costs me
min. $25 for fuel, snacks. sometimes more if I go on a lure-hangin' binge. the one thing I learned from these guys is:
YOU GOTTA PUT YOUR TIME IN!
It's very infrequent that you can read something here one day and expect it to
work up there the next. there is SO many little pieces to that puzzle, it's when you start putting all the little pieces together that you start catching fish.
tailrace fishing can be very frustrating, and stripers are constantly on the move behind food.

If that doesn't get you started, then I don't know.............

tight lines cheers
-Brian

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: lite-liner] #5278829 09/07/10 03:58 PM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
Oh, & I live exactly 62 miles from the dam.
for the record.

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #5278841 09/07/10 04:01 PM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
If he really did go back through a couple of the pages he would have seen that it stinks up there and no real fish are being caught. Go to the lakeside of the dam and try your luck. People always get on these forums and ask for "a quick fix". Had he asked nicely, like WilsonB said, he may have gotten some answers. Quit whining and just go fish. If you're that curious, at least you can take the time to go up there and find out for yourself.
And for the record, the 40 some odd fish that LiteLiner and I caught were a combined total of about 35lbs. They were small, skinny, and sick looking. It's not really worth the drive out there, unless you really need your striper fix.

When the fishing at the tailrace really picks up, you'll know.

Last edited by IgotSNAGGED; 09/07/10 04:05 PM.
Re: Denison Dam [Re: lite-liner] #5279047 09/07/10 04:59 PM
J
Judge Smails Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: lite-liner
Does anyone on this thread ever talk about how the stiper are biting at the dam. I am really tired of you guys on here writing comments just to see your name pop up on the screen. I have looked back several pages and have seen nothing useful to someone who wants to catch fish at the dam. If this is all it is then exchange emails and have your tea party in private!

Dang dude! welcome to the forum, whiner. rolleyes
if you're looking for a "free" way to go up the dam & catch big striper, you're not gonna find it here. all the regulars have put their time in & LEARNED how to catch out there. I think it's pretty BS that you get all pissy. some of us are up there every week or more coming from Dallas fishing days, nights & for some of us (myself incl.)
we still haven't got the big one.
So, If you think you can lurk around for free info on the Denison Tailrace without even building a rep or meeting some of us up there, sorry.
Like proposed earlier, why don't you sack up and spend a day losing 50 bucks worth of lures learning what works & what doesn't & then post your own report, win or lose. popcorn
If the talk is not focused on the topic, that should tell you what's happenin' out there. that's the only noob tip I'm givin out & you're lucky for that w/ your chitty attitude.
did I mention welcome to the forum? cheers
tight lines
-B

Yea,God forbid coming on to a FISHING FORUM and expecting to get fishing advise.What iS that guy thinking? He ought to know better than that.What a jerk of a reply lite liner.You might want to work on your "Welcome to the forum" manners.Seems like you need to work on your CHITTY ATTITUDE.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Judge Smails] #5279157 09/07/10 05:29 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
To all the HATERS:
If you do not like this Denison thread then please create your own Denison thread and see if anyone posts in it....

If you'll take notice this thread is the biggest on the TFF for both views and replies regardless of what anyone says about it...

The biggest thing for me is that posting is optional... you dont even have to read it if you dont want to...its really up to you...so if you dont have anything nice to contribute or you just wanna whine on it until one of us takes you fishing (not gonna happen) then find another forum like 2coolfishing or whatever.

But if you come on here to troll it up or say what youve gotta say or whatever to be macho...then you are gonna get hammered on just like all the other tools have in the past.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Judge Smails] #5279164 09/07/10 05:30 PM
S
SONFISH Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
This forum isnt for helping anyone... its about hating on people... if you signed up on this forum for fishing tips and help you came to the wrong forum... lol hahahahahaahahaha

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Judge Smails] #5279170 09/07/10 05:32 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Judge Smails

if you're looking for a "free" way to go up the dam & catch big striper, you're not gonna find it here. all the regulars have put their time in & LEARNED how to catch out there. I think it's pretty BS that you get all pissy. some of us are up there every week or more coming from Dallas fishing days, nights & for some of us (myself incl.)
So, If you think you can lurk around for free info on the Denison Tailrace without even building a rep or meeting some of us up there, sorry.
Like proposed earlier, why don't you sack up and spend a day losing 50 bucks worth of lures learning what works & what doesn't & then post your own report, win or lose. popcorn
If the talk is not focused on the topic, that should tell you what's happenin' out there. that's the only noob tip I'm givin out & you're lucky for that w/ your chitty attitude.
tight lines
-B

Yea,God forbid coming on to a FISHING FORUM and expecting to get fishing advise.What iS that guy thinking? He ought to know better than that.What a jerk of a reply lite liner.You might want to work on your "Welcome to the forum" manners.Seems like you need to work on your CHITTY ATTITUDE.

Looks like the creekers are back...dont you guys have like 25 small fish to fillet or something?

Re: Denison Dam [Re: SONFISH] #5279171 09/07/10 05:32 PM
S
SONFISH Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
GETTING TIRED OF HEARING THE SAME SONG OVER AND OVER " Is it hitting out there?" JUST GOT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.... GETT SKUNKED A FEW TIMES AND FIGURE IT OUT...DAMN....

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Judge Smails] #5279181 09/07/10 05:34 PM
B
B_vandy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Wtf is wrong with these people...(Lurkers)where did he ask anything and if he had read anything the last few days he would have seen the the water was off color green with a film on the rocks and smelled dead the D02 is really low right night putting even more stress on the fish then they need... Now I know there are 181 pages to this thread and the fishing has been off since late july with afew good fish caught here and there and our (DD Regs) focus has been put to other places styles and types of fishing.. But still all it would have taken was a quick... Hows the fishing been? Instead of the rant he posted sorry for any inconvenience that our every day talk caused you striperten.. But ask the right questions and these guys with there chitty tudes would have been more then willing to give you some sort of answer.. Right wrong or indifferent..

[Linked Image]PB 38# May 05 [Linked Image] 33# May 05[Linked Image]38 3/4" x 23 3/8" Aug 11
Re: Denison Dam [Re: B_vandy] #5279197 09/07/10 05:37 PM
S
SONFISH Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
yeah vandy get em

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #5279204 09/07/10 05:38 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Fishing tip #1 for Denison Dam......

Luck is everything....

sometimes they are there...sometimes they are not...sometimes they are feeding sometimes they are not...sometimes they wanna eat my jig...sometimes they wanna eat the tiny roadrunner that the old lady standing next to me who can only cast three feet is using....and sometimes they will eat anything making everyone look like a hero.

Optimal method would be go check it out for yourself.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #5279212 09/07/10 05:39 PM
S
SONFISH Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
they like to eat my cu... but sometime they dont.... im just lucky when they eat my cu because it tickles

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Judge Smails] #5279226 09/07/10 05:42 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted By: Judge Smails

tight lines
-B

uhhh. you might want to check on your comprehension skills. The original "jerk" reply was this...............

QUOTE by Striperten: "Does anyone on this thread ever talk about how the stiper are biting at the dam. I am really tired of you guys on here writing comments just to see your name pop up on the screen. I have looked back several pages and have seen nothing useful to someone who wants to catch fish at the dam. If this is all it is then exchange emails and have your tea party in private!"

------

Judgesmale, why don't you copy Stripertens post and paste it in another thread....and see what kind of replies you get:) im curious to see.

Last edited by Wilson Biddy; 09/07/10 05:43 PM.
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #5279237 09/07/10 05:44 PM
J
Judge Smails Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: TheRodFather
To all the HATERS:
If you do not like this Denison thread then please create your own Denison thread and see if anyone posts in it....

If you'll take notice this thread is the biggest on the TFF for both views and replies regardless of what anyone says about it...

The biggest thing for me is that posting is optional... you dont even have to read it if you dont want to...its really up to you...so if you dont have anything nice to contribute or you just wanna whine on it until one of us takes you fishing (not gonna happen) then find another forum like 2coolfishing or whatever.

But if you come on here to troll it up or say what youve gotta say or whatever to be macho...then you are gonna get hammered on just like all the other tools have in the past.

Well who really gives a shat how big this thread is still doesn't mean it's worth a dam.Which it's not.And I'll read whatever I want and post whatever I want and You tools can choose to read it and reply or stfu.And I don't believe I trolled anything up I just replied to one you tools very rude response.Simple as that I don't care for the Denison Dam thread or the Denison Damn Posse I just noticed a rude response to someone so I replied back.And as far as one of you tools taking me fishing Good luck on that I actually like to fish in places that are worth a dam not a denison dam.lol I'll stay in my boat.Thank You.

Page 302 of 568 1 2 300 301 302 303 304 567 568
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide