Print Thread
Page 301 of 568 1 2 299 300 301 302 303 567 568
Re: Denison Dam [Re: BAOSABI] #5277541 09/07/10 02:15 AM
C
crappie2ber Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Does anyone on this thread ever talk about how the stiper are biting at the dam. I am really tired of you guys on here writing comments just to see your name pop up on the screen. I have looked back several pages and have seen nothing useful to someone who wants to catch fish at the dam. If this is all it is then exchange emails and have your tea party in private!

Re: Denison Dam [Re: crappie2ber] #5277624 09/07/10 02:37 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: stripertenlbs
Does anyone on this thread ever talk about how the stiper are biting at the dam. I am really tired of you guys on here writing comments just to see your name pop up on the screen. I have looked back several pages and have seen nothing useful to someone who wants to catch fish at the dam. If this is all it is then exchange emails and have your tea party in private!

Go down there right now. Use very heavy sinker(4oz-6oz) and 11/0 circle hooks with xtra small minnows. Cast out as far as you can, and just wait. You will catch SOMETHING everytime!

Re: Denison Dam [Re: crappie2ber] #5277679 09/07/10 02:53 AM
T
tmds3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

The real reason for all the off topic chat is because there isnt anything going on at the dam, you might catch something but not sure what, keep reading the thread and they will start talking about the dam again when it is time to catch the fish up there.
Most of the guys shooting the breeze are the kings of the dam and could teach you volumes about catching the striper there.
Just Saying

Common Sense has become so rare that it should be considered a super power

Re: Denison Dam [Re: crappie2ber] #5277681 09/07/10 02:54 AM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W

Why don't you try the dam and post something. Let us know...... I'm curious to know what quality stripers are lurking in the nasty Sept water.

Funny how some people want intel/info on something useful but get mad when they can't find anything.

Last edited by Wilson Biddy; 09/07/10 02:58 AM.
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheGoat] #5277682 09/07/10 02:54 AM
T
tmds3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: IgotSNAGGED

Go down there right now. Use very heavy sinker(4oz-6oz) and 11/0 circle hooks with xtra small minnows. Cast out as far as you can, and just wait. You will catch SOMETHING everytime!

LOL

Common Sense has become so rare that it should be considered a super power

Re: Denison Dam [Re: tmds3] #5277701 09/07/10 03:00 AM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted By: tmds3
Originally Posted By: IgotSNAGGED

LOL

actually circle hooks don't work as well with that setup. Try giant treble hooks. Be sure to use 80pnd mono line.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Wilson Biddy] #5277726 09/07/10 03:07 AM
I
iamquockie Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I
Closest I have been to the dam was the other day on google maps lol!!!! It's been a very long time.

I don't really know what to type here.
Re: Denison Dam [Re: iamquockie] #5277769 09/07/10 03:26 AM
I
iluvfishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Want a tissue "striper ten lbs"?

Re: Denison Dam [Re: crappie2ber] #5277775 09/07/10 03:31 AM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA

Dang dude! welcome to the forum, whiner. rolleyes
if you're looking for a "free" way to go up the dam & catch big striper, you're not gonna find it here. all the regulars have put their time in & LEARNED how to catch out there. I think it's pretty BS that you get all pissy. some of us are up there every week or more coming from Dallas fishing days, nights & for some of us (myself incl.)
we still haven't got the big one.
So, If you think you can lurk around for free info on the Denison Tailrace without even building a rep or meeting some of us up there, sorry.
Like proposed earlier, why don't you sack up and spend a day losing 50 bucks worth of lures learning what works & what doesn't & then post your own report, win or lose. popcorn
If the talk is not focused on the topic, that should tell you what's happenin' out there. that's the only noob tip I'm givin out & you're lucky for that w/ your chitty attitude.
did I mention welcome to the forum? cheers
tight lines
-B

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: lite-liner] #5277791 09/07/10 03:45 AM
T
TheGoat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Damn! That's all it took for this thread to come back to life? Hahaha. Denison Daminites unite! Lol. Poor guy. He was probably just sick and tired of getting skunked at the dam. All he wanted for someone to throw him a bone....fool got stoned instead.. LOL. I love this thread!

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheGoat] #5277896 09/07/10 06:06 AM
C
crappie2ber Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Y'all are just freakin' hilarious! I have been a member of the forum since I was 34 (JEJ34). I am now 41. I haven't had computer access for awhile and had to re-register on this thing because I forgot my password. And I have put in time at the dam. probably not as much as you guys but I have fished there more times than I can count. I have seen some of you guys out there but and have even said hello. I come fish there because I have no boat. I've always had a great time out there whether I catch or not (mostly not).
Thanks for welcoming me back to the forum with open arms! Makes me wonder why I signed back on here.
When I wasn't a newcomer you were very forthcoming with tips and advice.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: crappie2ber] #5278027 09/07/10 11:51 AM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
When I wasn't a newcomer you were very forthcoming with tips and advice.

Look man, we are all usually very forthcoming w/ advice to anyone who wants to go
work for their fish and learn the river.
the way you came off is like somehow you would find the "key" to success just by reading
a few posts on a forum. it's not that easy, & when you come off with a bad attitude, you're probably not gonna make many friends.
this thread exists for us to BS when we're not up there losing lures, cussing,
& hoping for the big payoff.
Again, I sincerely welcome you BACK to the forum. if you see us up there, don't be shy!
we're all fun people, honest!
cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: iluvfishin] #5278121 09/07/10 12:42 PM
P
Perry Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted By: iluvfishin

WTF!! The dude is just asking for some help. Is he not welcomed in the Denison Dam posse. He is right about all the off topic post. Yall get on here and just chit chat about everything. I bet he would have gotten a straight answer if he was one of you regulars. Couple of yall did help( which is what this site is for), and some of yall acted like you are 9 years old. Just my 2 cents.

My truck won't start if my rod is not in it!

Honest electrician rates call 214-250-3400
Re: Denison Dam [Re: Perry] #5278418 09/07/10 02:07 PM
S
Sling Blade Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
stripertenlbs,if you dont mind, let me put in my 2cents,since you asked for the latest.Sat. morning I drove down below the Dam on the Red River and was shocked at what I saw. Just a few fishermen,the only water coming from the power plant smelled like sewer waste water/battery acid combined.The rocks in the river had a white chaulky color on them from the nasty water they were in, very sickening sight,and the smell was awful.I dont think you were in the wrong by asking about the RR.I have read here lately when someone asks where to fish on Texoma,everyone says go below the dam,please, if you dont know,dont comment because some of those guys were driving a long way to get there.COE havent released water in a long time,hope this helps.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: Perry] #5278541 09/07/10 02:36 PM
W
Wilson Biddy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted By: Perry
Originally Posted By: iluvfishin

WTF!! The dude is just asking for some help. Is he not welcomed in the Denison Dam posse. He is right about all the off topic post. Yall get on here and just chit chat about everything. I bet he would have gotten a straight answer if he was one of you regulars. Couple of yall did help( which is what this site is for), and some of yall acted like you are 9 years old. Just my 2 cents.

If you read again you can see he was being an azz to begin with.... and Where did he ask anything? All I saw was some PMSing. Had he just asked "Hows the fishing?" then he prob would have gotton some straight answers. READ again thanks.

QUOTE: "Does anyone on this thread ever talk about how the stiper are biting at the dam. I am really tired of you guys on here writing comments just to see your name pop up on the screen. I have looked back several pages and have seen nothing useful to someone who wants to catch fish at the dam. If this is all it is then exchange emails and have your tea party in private!"

Last edited by Wilson Biddy; 09/07/10 02:39 PM.
Page 301 of 568 1 2 299 300 301 302 303 567 568
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide