Print Thread
What's up at CC #495619 11/13/03 02:21 PM
H
Hurricane Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
H
Any body been chasing whites and hybrids lately? Haven't seen any posts in a while.

Re: What's up at CC #495620 11/13/03 06:53 PM
O
oldeputy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Too windy the last 10 days or so to venture out far on the main body. Small sandies stacked in channels around creek mouths and points in coves. Look for birds but few surfacing fish. Late feeding action at these locations gets hot just before dark on tail spinners. Lots of shad in coves but wind has scattered them. The up/down effect of the weather has been disruptive. Some consistent cool weather will move the larger sandies into the coves and creek mouths. The lake is down 3 ft.but with some stable weather this shouldn't effect the sandies and hybrids. Usually this time of year I can C&R 2 lb. Sandies until I'm exhausted the last hour or two of daylight and never leave my cove. Note: LMB following same pattern as sandies but running into shallows around points with dropoffs hitting crankbaits and tail spinners.

Cedar Creek Real Time Weather:
Temp- 58 Humidity- 34% Wind- NNE 10 mph Gust to 20 mph Mostly Cloudy

Illigitimi Non Carbarundum
Re: What's up at CC #495621 11/13/03 08:47 PM
F
FisherMatt Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Ol'deputy,

That was a pretty comprehensive post for it to be only your second one. Welcome to the TFF and thanks for the information.

Do you live on the lake full time?

Matt

Re: What's up at CC #495622 11/13/03 09:29 PM
O
oldeputy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Since retirement in '98. Whoops- not full time- the wife still makes me spend a lot of time driving her to the malls in Mesquite or Tyler- especially with Xmas coming on. She thinks they will go bankrupt and close if she doesn't shop them! Oh well, I'm going fishin wind is laying a little.

Re: What's up at CC #495623 11/14/03 06:29 PM
H
Hurricane Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
H
Bump

Re: What's up at CC #495624 11/15/03 03:48 PM
C
ccabal Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
A friend and i did go to CC last night to try dock fishing at night. It was pretty rough!

The big problem was the wind. I think I spent more time battling the wind with the trolling motor and anchor than actually fishing, especially around Enchanted Island.
There my friend caught 1 hybrid, about a 3 pounder.

I got tired of battling the wind so we cut across back to the western shore (by Don's Port). That was a pretty scary ride, as the wind had picked up. Fighting large waves at night in a small boat is pretty scary stuff.

There at the other side was calm, and I caught a Largemouth there (about 1lb) there, and lost another, but it was real slow.

Hybrid came on a white road runner. Bass came on a fly rod with a streamer fly.

------------------
A good rule to live by is to "Never Let Work Interfere with Fishing!"

-Christian

John 5:24 Very truly I say to you,whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life,and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

1Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.
Re: What's up at CC #495625 11/15/03 11:26 PM
I
IBFishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Just arrived back home from a dreary day on the water, intentions were to crappie fish but the must have seen me coming and left town. But on the other hand I figured the old sandies are pretty reliable so I did find some fish in 12ft. hump in front of the spillway and was able to weed through alot of small fish and end up with my limit. Fished alone and caught around forty fish,(the ol'e hell/pet combo still working)

Gotta Go Clean!

IBFishing
Big Fish Cliff

BIG FISH CLIFF
THE OTHER WHITE MEAT smile

Re: What's up at CC #495626 11/16/03 04:20 AM
O
oldeputy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Quote:
Just arrived back home from a dreary day on the water

I tried to fish 3 different times today. Wind was only a minor problem. Rain ran me off the water each time. I didn't feel like getting wet. Never ventured more than 5 minutes from the cover of my dock. Spent as much time sitting in the boat sling out of the rain as I did fishing, but it gave me an opportunity to re-spool a couple of reels, service my batteries and clean out the boat. Actually fished a total of less than 3 hours out of 5. Results (C&R): approximately 2 dozen small sandies (most just barely legal) and 7 small LMB to 14 inches. All on tailspinners tied behind a 1" chrome chaser spoon using crank and pause retrieve, with most hits coming on the pause. (3 sets of doubles, picking up the seconds on the chaser, while retrieving the first one hooked.) Also took 6 blue cat 2lb- 4lb off the dock, while waiting for the rain to stop, bottom bumping tailspinners. I can always get them- especially when I'm cleaning fish or when its overcast. When I'm cleaning fish I can almost hand feed them.

Pattern continues in my area - Small sandies suspended 8-10 ft close to creek mouths and points. No surfacing fish, shad plentiful and few birds. - Small LMB schooling and running into shallows chasing shad around points and shorelines with dropoffs .

I quit early and took the wife out to eat in Athens. I cater to her and she doesn't complain about me fishing every day, but I would rather have been fishing at dusk. Just as well, it rained on us off and on all the way to and from Athens!

Note: Re-spooled the 2 reels with Big Game in the new gold PhotoChromic. So far I'm impressed. The color disappears in the sandy water of CC but in today's overcast it was much more visible above the water than the Big Game green that I usually use. I could see the strike (especially the LMB) before I felt it, as they would pickup at the pause, so I quit using rigs with the green and just used the new line. I hope it is as vision friendly on a sunny day. I am going to try it on these 2 for a while before I re-spool any of the other 6 rigs. Has anyone else tried Big Game in the new gold PhotoChromic?

------------------
Oh well, that's life. See ya on the horizon!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide