Forums59
Topics1,040,677
Posts13,985,540
Members144,242
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: AR0G] #4872587 05/18/10 05:54 AM
D
Don Morey Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Here's the thing, Bill Dance has no clue who the haters are. They're that important. LOL

I don't target bass, but Jimmy, Bill, Fish, The In-Fisherman crew, Babe, etc all rock and the haters just _ _ _ _!

My advice: GROW UP, just GROW UP.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: Bill Waldschmidt] #4872627 05/18/10 08:57 AM
T
Triton-T Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Wow! I wonder how many of these guys gripping about Bill Dance' the most famous name in Bass Fishing, have logos of lure and products they use on their boats, jersesies, hats, and stuff. Ya'll pobably paid for those products, Bill's gettining paid to sell those products! How many of ya'll are salesman? Or promote products? A fish is a fish, who cares if he fishes public waters or private ponds, I'd rather catch fish all day long on a private pond than get beat up by wind blown, open reserviors with boats passin' by, people hordin' in on your spot, does Bill ever say "hey we'll be fishin this Public lake and then go out and fish the ponds????? I never hear him say that, you know what they say when you assume??? [censored]-u-me!!!! Leave Bill alone he's earned his keep!

Triton-T
Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: Triton-T] #4872631 05/18/10 09:21 AM
rofd-ff-engineer Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I watched Bill Dance when I was a young kid. I didn't know anything about sponsorship, selling specific brand lures, etc. All I knew was this guy was catching fish and that's what I wanted to do!

Being older and more mature, yeah I see the business side of what he does, but it can never replace the interest his shows gave me in bass fishing as a young boy. I didn't care if he was in a private lake, or the the most heavily pressured lake in the US. All I knew was that he caught fish and how fun it looked. It made me want to go fishing, and through the years, shows like that kept the bug alive in me.

I went for years and years without fishing, deployed a couple times around the world while in the Marine Corps. I could still catch a fishing show every now and then and immediately think of nothing more then getting the chance to get out on a lake and try to catch fish like him.

People like Bill Dance and Jimmy Houston lit a fire in me that never got put out. I came into a nice amount of cash after 10 years at a company that was privately owned and went public in my 9th year there. Some people would have sold out and bought a nice car, a new house, or paid off one of those. Not me, that fire was still burning deep inside me. I took some of the money I got from all those years of work and bought a high end bass boat. I did it because of people like Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, and my dad.

I am sure that I'm not the only 35 year old man that remembers days of watching them on TV wishing I could fish like that. Some of you may knock Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, or the many others that have come and gone. But remember one thing, these guys lit fires deep in some young boys heart. Years later that "boy" will be a man who buys a bass boat and is fishing next to you in a tournament or in your local bass club.

So there it is, you don't like him, but I attribute my purchase of a bass boat and all it's associated equipment to 3 people. My dad, Bill Dance, and Jimmy Houston. I didn't fish from the time I was 15 years old until I was 34 years old. In ALL that time the desire never went away, and the first chance I got, I went for a bass boat before anything else. So knock him all you want, it's people like him who have kept this alive and thriving for so many years.

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: bassindawg] #4872657 05/18/10 09:55 AM
The Fishing Physicist Offline
YOLO
YOLO
I have nothing personal against Bill Dance. The one thing that does irritate the heck out of me though is that hell do a show fishing a lure that is not available till some months after that show airs. We get folks coming into Macks Discount Tackle on a fairly regular basis asking for some lure that neither Mack, nor I have ever heard of, and tell us that the saw it on the Bill Dance Show. When we tell them that weve never heard of it they act like we dont know squat about fishing. I mean if weve not heard of a lure that is being advertised on the Bill Dance Show we must be totally out of touch with bass fishing.

The hot-lure du jour is the bane of the retail tackle business.

TFP

Above all else hold these two things in the greatest of circumspection; government and self.

YOLO=Schiefspiegler
Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: The Fishing Physicist] #4873235 05/18/10 02:13 PM
R
RGBass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
They all are promoters for sponsors. Shaw Grigsby (can't stand him either), Hank Parker (I think he should chnage his name to Berkley), Bill Dance (ever watch his saltwater shows?, The ba-donk-a-donk), Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin, etc. So give Dance a break. The only problem i have with him is I've seen all of his shows.

92' Champion

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: H. Johnson] #4873314 05/18/10 02:32 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: H. Johnson
I think it's hilarious how he catches every fish...

He first rocks back in that goofy seat so far that you think he's gonna flip out of the boat. One foot in the air and the tip of his rod about five feet behind his head. Then the rod tip flops from one side to the other.

Then he gets the fish to the boat and drags it back and forth 43 times trying to get it to jump for the camera. Then, he hesitantly tries to lip it like a 6 year old girl.

Once caught, he has to lift that dadgum dorsal fin up for the world to admire for some odd reason.

Then there's the ol pat on the belly and calling the fish "you 'ol pot-bellied thing you".

All of the above cracks me up, on every fish!!!!

Classic Bill Dance!!!

Funny stuff smile

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: bassindawg] #4873383 05/18/10 02:45 PM
S
skilagig Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Bill Dance has made his contributions to the sport of fishing. Back in the day, he won eight tournaments and 3 Bass Angler of the Year titles. He was the first angler to track shad migrations and the bass that followed them. How many of you can do this today even with technology on your side? He is an early pioneer of the sport.
This man was tournament fishing when the big money was absent and nobody followed the sport. Back when the passion for fishing out-weighed the love of money. He still gets excited when he catches a fish. Today's anglers jerk the fish from the water straight into the live well. Instead of seeing a fish, they see Federal Reserve Notes with the denomination being dependent on the size of the fish. Like many other sports, money has replaced passion.
Myself, and many others, watch his show to see him catch fish and to be entertained. His show is very entertaining. Why do you think it has lasted so long. Who would tune in if he was fishing a high pressure lake and getting stumped. It's only 30 minutes long. I don't care if he is fishing at the Sea World aquarium, I want to see him catch fish and be giddy with excitement.
Now I do not go out and buy everything little thing that Bill Dance advertises and if you do, you have other issue's besides Bill Dance. His show would have never lasted this long if not for the big audience (which advertiser's love). So Bill Dance is making money because of advertising. How's is that different from any other big name? I say bravo Bill! You deserve to make as much money as you can for your contributions to the sport.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: RGBass] #4873400 05/18/10 02:50 PM
B
bassindawg Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: RGBass
The ba-donk-a-donk

LOL. I'll admit that I have defended BD a little in this thread, but I will also admit that you lose some perceived credibility if you hock a bait with a name like that. It may be the greatest bait in the world. I don't know. But the name is a little lot off the wall.

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: bassindawg] #4873468 05/18/10 03:02 PM
El Grande Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
If you think that Bill Dance cannot catch fish on "pressured" water, think again. It's all about time and funding. I flat out guarantee you he can go out on any of the public waters and make a show with what he is fishing with. The issue is time. It is less costly to shoot 8 hrs of film vs shooting 80 hrs of film. Why do you think many manufacturers like shooting film on El Salto and Baccarac? Because you can go down there and in three days get more good film than you could on most public waters in the same time frame. Give him a break. Bill Dance is a pioneer in this sport and a nice guy to boot.

Last edited by El Grande; 05/18/10 03:18 PM.
Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: RGBass] #4873492 05/18/10 03:08 PM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The dancing eel is my favorite...I personally saw a 9 caught on it in public water.

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: txwhitetail] #4873509 05/18/10 03:11 PM
B
bassindawg Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
The dancing eel is my favorite...I personally saw a 9 caught on it in public water.

In honor of those who do not like BD, maybe TFF should considering sponsoring a tournament where the biggest LMB caught on a dancing eel wins the entire pot.

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: bassindawg] #4873517 05/18/10 03:14 PM
P
propman Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Give me a TV show and show me the money!!!! and I'll fish the "whateveritisbait" too. Maybe I won't catch as many as Bill but I'll try my darnedest. Hmmmm...maybe he did something and earned his TV show and it wasn't given to him.
Al Grab (AKA Propman)

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: bassindawg] #4873519 05/18/10 03:14 PM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I have seen fish caught on it and that long buzzbait.

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: txwhitetail] #4873541 05/18/10 03:19 PM
R
RGBass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I have fished a dancin eel with no luck
Next time I'm salt water fishing I may just try a ba-donk-a-donk.

92' Champion

Re: Why do some of you people not like Bill Dance? [Re: bossman] #4873655 05/18/10 03:38 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: bossman
he might have been the real deal back in the day

He might have been? He has three BASS Angler of the Year titles...

I wonder how many of the guys who love to rip him as a no-fishin' has been have won so much as three championships in their illustrious Hoot n Holler Bass Club.

Rick Clunn was on tour when Bill Dance won his last two AOYs. Larry Nixon was competing by the time he won his last. And...Roland Martin was there for all three.

Is there ANYONE on this forum who honestly thinks he could win a season series even if the only three anglers competing against him were Rick Clunn, Larry Nixon, and Roland Martin?

LOL.

I think there are people alive and breathing today who don't realize anything happened or was accomplished before they were born...or got a computer. It's amazing what all was done back in the dark ages. We won world wars, went to the moon, and even managed to catch a few fish before the young geniuses came along and blessed the planet.

Last edited by Razorback; 05/18/10 03:48 PM.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide