Print Thread
More Falcon News #4597021 03/12/10 03:00 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
T
I didn't see this posted anywhere else. If so, my apologies...

Seems there was a helicopter with Mexican Army markings filled with armed men hovering over Falcon Heights. Not a good sign in my book.

Link to the story

Last edited by Texan Til I Die; 03/12/10 03:02 PM.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: More Falcon News [Re: Texan Til I Die] #4597134 03/12/10 03:19 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
I read a long piece on Reuters two days ago stating that the violence and killings in the Mexican border cities is much worse than we're hearing.

The Cartels have infiltrated the media outlets by bribing employees who either don't report on the Cartel violence or report to the Cartels any co-workers who are. There were 8 reporters kidnapped last week. Seven are still missing and one has been found dead. Most of the news we're getting is second hand from networking sites

Apparently, the Cartels think that by keeping a lid on as much negative press as possible, their exploits won't attract as much attention and cause troop surges against them.

What brought about this recent surge in violence was the sentencing of Osiel Cardenas Guillen, the former head of the Gulf Cartel based out of Matamoros. With Guillen out of the way, the Zetas decided it was time for them to take over the drug business and smuggling routes shared by them and the Gulf Cartel. Hence, all the running gun battles up and down the southern border between those two groups.

I'm going to Falcon in June and July and I'm sure we'll fish some on the Mexican side. But I'll guarantee you I will NOT cross that border by land. I'll mind my own business and have a great time!

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: More Falcon News [Re: fouzman] #4597263 03/12/10 03:44 PM
M
Murrydog Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Yesterday I was in the back of Chapote creek on the Texas side around 5:30PM when I heard a small outboard. I was the only boat back in there, I looked up and it was a Mexican in a small boat. He was startled when he saw me and turned the boat to leave. There was a whistle from the bank and out came another man. The boat spun around and went to the beach and picked up the other man. Then both of them headed further back into the creek (North towards highway 83). When they went by me the one that was picked up waved for me to leave. And I did..
A body was found floating in the River a couple of days ago. Just staying on the Texas side is not enough, stay out of the river late in the day. When I called the BP I was told that you fish at your own risk on Falcon Lake!

Last edited by 4EVER16; 03/12/10 04:02 PM.
Re: More Falcon News [Re: Murrydog] #4597304 03/12/10 03:51 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Just another load of weed coming xcross. I'da left, too!

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: More Falcon News [Re: fouzman] #4597477 03/12/10 04:21 PM
40 Creek Offline
Angler
Angler
we were fishing in state park cove last thurs and a hispanic came flying by us less than 30yds away on a waverunner wearing boots, jeans, and a carhartt looking jacket. shortly after a mexican net boat came by and followed him back into the cove. then they came back out in the boat. no idea what they did w/ the waverunner. hid it in the brush on the bank somewhere I guess. I was telling my buddy about it and he said he saw the same guy up around the Tigers. the lake was rough that day and he's getting the tar beat out of him on that waverunner. definitely on my list of Things That Make You Say Hmmmmmm....

Kevin Skloss '98

Re: More Falcon News [Re: 40 Creek] #4597483 03/12/10 04:23 PM
S
Smash-Tech Custom Baits Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
they pack waverunners down with dope and leave them to get picked up.

Re: More Falcon News [Re: Smash-Tech Custom Baits] #4597523 03/12/10 04:37 PM
M
Murrydog Offline
Angler
Angler
M

From the Brownsville news

The Zapata County sheriff Thursday was questioning why a Mexican military helicopter was hovering over homes on the Texas side of the Rio Grande.

It was one of the more jarring incidents of the fourth week of border tensions sparked by drug killings and rumors of drug killings in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas.

Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said he'd reviewed photos of the chopper flown by armed personnel Tuesday over a residential area known as Falcon Heights-Falcon Village near the binational Falcon Lake, just south of the Starr-Zapata county line. He said the helicopter appeared to have the insignia of the Mexican navy.

It's always been said that the Mexican military does in fact ... that there have been incursions, Gonzalez said. But this is not New Mexico or Arizona. Here we've got a river, there's a boundary line. And then of course having Falcon Lake, Falcon Dam, it's a lot wider. It's not just a trickle of a river, it's an actual dam. You know where the boundary's at.

The sighting came amid ongoing fighting between the Gulf Cartel and its former enforcers, Los Zetas. The mounting death toll and crisis of fear in cities opposite the Texas border have drawn global attention, as has a news blackout in affected cities with the kidnappings of eight Mexican journalists, at least one of whom was killed.

As violence continued Thursday with a highway shootout in the state of Tamaulipas, a Senate subcommittee in Washington heard testimony that drug cartels are trying to infiltrate U.S. agencies along the border, with corruption cases among Homeland Security personnel on the rise.

In the past two years, there have been 400 public corruption cases involving federal, state and local law enforcement agents originating from the Southwest border region, Kevin Perkins, FBI assistant director for criminal investigations, told the Senate Homeland Security subcommittee on preparedness.

In addition to the highway battle, news from Tamaulipas on Thursday included a 25-year-old man found dead on a roadside in Miguel Alemn. On Wednesday, three people died in two gunbattles in Reynosa.

Four other deaths have been reported since Saturday in the cities of Mier, Camargo and Miguel Alemn.

The Mexican government's role in combating the violence remained unclear. The army presence in some cities appeared sporadic, and the navy has led operations including the December takeout of kingpin Arturo Beltran Leyva in Mexico City.

Gonzalez, the Zapata sheriff, said he couldn't confirm reports that the helicopter was scoping the home of a drug criminal. He said the incursion about a mile over the border occurred over a neighborhood populated by many U.S. Customs officers who work at area border crossings and they knew what they were seeing.

My understanding is the U.S. military were informed, he said. I don't know what action was taken, if any.

<*)\\\><(

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,

there'd be a shortage of fishing poles
Re: More Falcon News [Re: Murrydog] #4597574 03/12/10 04:50 PM
T
Troyz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Be interesting to see what action our govt takes if any. Anyone care to place any bets???

Re: More Falcon News [Re: Smash-Tech Custom Baits] #4597864 03/12/10 06:12 PM
40 Creek Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: Heath Taylor
they pack waverunners down with dope and leave them to get picked up.

kinda what I was thinking. make sense to do it during the day. if you do it at night, you're definitly up to no good.

Kevin Skloss '98

Re: More Falcon News [Re: 40 Creek] #4598130 03/12/10 07:19 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I just read in the newspaper today, a Mexican Navy Helicopter was seen flying across the Falcon Lake Dam. It went into Texas and turned around. The Mexico Navy has failed to comment on it.

Interesting.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: More Falcon News [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4598209 03/12/10 07:35 PM
P
pinesjunkie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
cant wait to go back now lol,,sad part is I will

Brad Smith
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide