Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: JD Lyle] #4568329 03/05/10 05:07 PM
G
GH50 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: JD Lyle
really...is it so important to try and hide where you are...I tell people exactly where to fish and Im trying to make a living at it..Come on someone throw me a bone for once smile

No its not that important but I was invited to fish. With that being said Its not my place to share locations. grin
If Gene wants to, thats up to him.

It really isnt that hard to figure out where you were...Yesterday the water was pretty clear all the way to the bridge..That color water was somewhere tween BM,most likely tween the bridge and paw paw creek.
you most likely launched at highport cuz that pic is in the tackle box.

No That pic is at Genes Place( Gene's Tackle Supplies)

You must be a guide..top secret stuff ya know smile

Nope just enjoying the day on the water with a friend the fish were a bonus. thumb

Have a nice day. fish

"You need to take the training wheels off."

Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: GH50] #4568533 03/05/10 06:23 PM
G
gene cordell Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
it dont bother me about the location. we put in at juniper west and went towards big mineral arm. fished on the texas side not far from bridge out in about 30 foot of water on the edge of shallow and deeper water. probably about 1/2 way bewtween the bridge and big mineral arm. just because a picture is made doesnt mean that it was taken where the fish was caught anyway. if i had known it was a big deal i would have just said we caught a few and not worried about pics. but some other members asked. plenty of fish for everyone and lot of time they are here today and gone tomorrow. couldnt put an orange x on the water to mark the spot. it was just a nice day and i was off work and needed to get out. hope everyone gets a chance to go and catching fish is just a bonus. thanks and good luck to everyone. gene

Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: gene cordell] #4568677 03/05/10 07:22 PM
H
Haaker Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Gene

Thanks for the report and the details!!!
I think we all get a rough time on here.

Haak

Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: Haaker] #4569773 03/06/10 01:21 AM
C
crappiecrzy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Cabin feaver it's taking over North Texas. Time to head to the coast!

Freefell 11.5 kayak with Elite 4 HDI work in progress
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: crappiecrzy] #4569835 03/06/10 01:37 AM
Stripers Inc. Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
GH50,

Don't worry about what anyone says on here. Next time just be a little more creative when you want disguise your location and no one will bother you.

This one was caught last fall on Topwater right in front of the Taj Mahal smile

Your Lake Texoma Fishing Guide,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com (Book Online!)
(903)815-1609

Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: Stripers Inc.] #4569914 03/06/10 01:54 AM
R
rnrglenn Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I find it disgusting not telling a fellow angler where to catch fish, and then get on a forum and brag about the fish you were catching (im not implying that is what this person did at all) I love to fish, but my job has my traveling the world in showbusiness, but as I travel I day dream of being home and catching fish. I really suck at fishing but more importantly love being on the water and having time at home relaxing, the fish would just be the icing on the cake. If someones has the knowledge of writing on a fishing forum then they are gonna fish anyway.

Glenn Rupert
Pro Roadie LLC
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: rnrglenn] #4569921 03/06/10 01:56 AM
R
rnrglenn Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
p.s. im starting a band named wind blowns points and humps and strutucre

Glenn Rupert
Pro Roadie LLC
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: JD Lyle] #4570111 03/06/10 02:40 AM
lite-liner Online Content
Capt. CUDA
Online Content
Capt. CUDA
really...is it so important to try and hide where you are...I tell people exactly where to fish and Im trying to make a living at it..Come on someone throw me a bone for once smile

It really isnt that hard to figure out where you were...Yesterday the water was pretty clear all the way to the bridge..That color water was somewhere tween BM,most likely tween the bridge and paw paw creek. you most likely launched at highport cuz that pic is in the tackle box.

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao I was just gonna say " got 'em in the brown water"
the I read yer post. funny!
props for a great day, Gene! Glad you got on 'em

[Linked Image]
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: GH50] #4570634 03/06/10 05:07 AM
B
B W Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
GH50,
If it is a secret don't post it!
BW

Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: GH50] #4574698 03/07/10 06:23 PM
B
BAMAboy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: GH50

No its not that important but I was invited to fish. With that being said Its not my place to share locations. grin
If Gene wants to, thats up to him.

It really isnt that hard to figure out where you were...Yesterday the water was pretty clear all the way to the bridge..That color water was somewhere tween BM,most likely tween the bridge and paw paw creek.
you most likely launched at highport cuz that pic is in the tackle box.

No That pic is at Genes Place( Gene's Tackle Supplies)

Nope just enjoying the day on the water with a friend the fish were a bonus. thumb

Have a nice day. fish

rolfmao thumb Great explaination and considerate of your friends feelings. Personally I don't find it disgusting to not give exact locations. It happens alot by some of the same people giving you a hard time, and for good reason. I'm glad ya'll were good enough to share your experience and hope my post about the fog didn't start the critics corner on your post. That was definitely not my intent. Don't let it discourage you from posting in the future. It's very much appreciated. thumb

http://www.johnnysguideservice.com/
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress. John Adams
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: BAMAboy] #4575553 03/07/10 10:16 PM
tbarnes065 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Sorry I could not Stand it:

I know everyone thinks that the friendly sportsman and
"fellow Angler" are such nice people and are all going to share the Gps Cordinates now wherever they catch fish. It is reasonable for a person that spends the time and the expense every day to fish a lake to not want to tell everyone where they are catching fish. I surely would not recommend putting your
favorite spot on this site. If you do so do not be surprised if the next time you go there it is very crowed.
I ran into a guide this week in a very unlikely place
on lewisville Chad was very cordial and gave me a few tips about what he had seen on the lake and activity and it helped me catch a few fish I would not have otherwise.Get to know these people and maybe book a trip and the next time you want information they will help!
I would ask you to look back at post on here and some guides put the information on the site and the reason everyone picks one lake over the other is alot of times based on what is on here. So to each his own but if some one helps you then help them but to expect someone anyone to always put where they are catching fish on this site is crazy. Specially when those people make their living fishing.
In the case of Chris Texoma,JD texoma,John V Ray Hubbard,Steve P cooper,Billy S Cedar creek,Danny Lewisville and a few others they give you enough information every week that if you pay attention and know a little about the lake you can find some fish.
Bragging is one thing and being a angler and being a part of the
fishing community is another those who become part of the community never have a problem finding out general information but when they give updates and information and others attempt to
hide it there are some tense moments. Maybe we should get to know a few of these people and instead of posting give them a call or a email and let them know what you did and what worked when you where on the lake. I bet the next time you head their way they would help. That is the difference between being a angler and a pot licker and lord knows we have plenty of pot lickers looking for a chance to pot lick.Think about it,2 years ago you could go to cooper and not see anyone and now boats everywhere. in 1999-2001 on LL You could catch 60 Hybrids and see maybe 10 boats on a weekend fishing.

My 2 cents. I am sure this will get some potlickers going!

There are 4 stages to a Angler ( Which One are you?)

Stage 1. Want to catch a Fish any fish " Just go fishing" This Stage angler Keeps everything they Catch.
Stage 2. Want to Catch a Really Big Fish Particular Species"
This Stage starts to release more than they keep.
Stage 3. Want to Catch Fish in as many Methods as they can until they have mastered most.
Stage 4. Wants to Catch Fish the Way they want ot Catch them and ussually do.

Posting a cooler full of fish is fun but catching them the way you want that is alot more fun!

Tbarnes065
The patented QR coded Technolgy "Personal Emergency Braclet"
Allows for all you Emergency information to be in your control Check out www.synemgroup.com
Re: texoma thursday fishing cure [Re: tbarnes065] #4576916 03/08/10 03:19 AM
T
TheRodFather Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
lol..what a load.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide